Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

croshay... I would love to help... I will be making teal/ white square in honor of my niece who passed in July of 06 from cervical cancer ... and pink for my Mom who is 1 year cancer free from breast cancer... I just PM'd you... it may take me a little bit as I have a few things that need to be done this next week...

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CandEsMom, thanks for the email. I just sent you one back! :hug

Part of the mission of the cancer resource center - where these items will be going - is to provide a soothing and healing sanctuary to the cancer patients who come there...so we will be praying for healing and comfort for the recipients of the afghans. I am also praying for the recipient - and the ministry itself - every time I sit down to work on an afghan. :hook

Can you post the colors for which each square will represent? Am I saying this correctly?! You know which color for which cancer...geeze some days I can even make a coherent request..

A huge :ty goes out to Deborah for 4 squares that I picked up at church this morning! They're GREAT!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I was looking at the squares with another lady from church, and I loved the green one with the round design in the middle, and the other lady loved the basket weave one. Would you mind directing me to the patterns for those?

Okay, I've looked and I have to admit that I can't remember which pattern I used to make the "circle inside a square" square :blush

However, here's a great site for finding patterns:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/12in_squares.php

Most likely it's one of these but........

Happy hunting, Deborah

Okay, I've looked and I have to admit that I can't remember which pattern I used to make the "circle inside a square" square :blush

However, here's a great site for finding patterns:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/12in_squares.php

Most likely it's one of these but........

Happy hunting, Deborah

Deborah, :ty for the link. There are TONS of options here...even the many, many smaller patterns could be used and enlarged to make 12" squares! :jumpyay

I'm going to print out a bunch of these and take them to our first official "meeting" at church this coming weekend. Some of the ladies don't have internet access, so I'm sure they'll be glad to get the printouts. :hook

Don't forget to think "warmth" when you look at the patterns :manyheart

Some of them seemed too "holey" for my liking......

Have fun, Deborah

Deborah, that's what I liked about that green basketweave square you sent...very solid & warm (i.e. no toes poking through when you snuggle under it). :lol My mother said she'd like to have a whole afghan like that. Ya think maybe she was hinting? :lol

Deborah, that's what I liked about that green basketweave square you sent...very solid & warm (i.e. no toes poking through when you snuggle under it). :lol My mother said she'd like to have a whole afghan like that. Ya think maybe she was hinting? :lol

That sounds like a downright request..... maybe for Christmas?? It actually works up really, really fast. Especially if when you are making a whole "adult" afghan you use a larger hook (or maybe even two strands ww at once). Plus all you do is change colors at the beginning of a row and you have diagonial stripes........

It's good to remember when making the squares that "fast is nice but warm is better".

Enjoy the links

Archived