Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

I have teal also, if that is what you are needing. The one I mailed this morning is lime green. I have burgundy too if you need any of those.

ScoobyDoo0811, I should have included you on the message I just posted to CandEsMom. :U I will appreciate any squares you can make :yes but the teal would be GREAT since I already know that I will soon be receiving a few more in that color.

It's going to take 15 squares for each lapghan (3x5) so I can definitely use all the squares you ladies can make.

:ty and :hug

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ladies, I went to AC Moore on the weekend to get some yarn to make the colors needed and didn't have a lot of luck. Lately AC Moore and Michaels don't seem to stock a lot of colors anymore in RH or Caron like they use to, it has been making me very unhappy:grumpy.

I really wanted to make the teal because I thought it was such a pretty color but no luck:(. On the up side I did do 6 dark blue, 3 lime green, and 3 burgundy and aran (couldn't find off white, hope aran is ok) so I do have some to send you this week.

I did get some orange yesterday so that will be the next color I send.

Croshay, I will let you know when the package is mailed.

Judy, :yes that's exactly what Deborah and I are both using. :hook

Thanks....because the other teal I've seen is very different looking.... I think I saw some in my stash...

Thanks....because the other teal I've seen is very different looking.... I think I saw some in my stash...

I've actually found three shades of Teal.... two are "older" colors. Croshay said it was okay to use all three. Will add to the afghans. There are also "shades" of cancer treatment - from the darkest times to the lighter (feeling better) times. The different shades say that to me at least......

Well Ladies, I went to AC Moore on the weekend to get some yarn to make the colors needed and didn't have a lot of luck. Lately AC Moore and Michaels don't seem to stock a lot of colors anymore in RH or Caron like they use to, it has been making me very unhappy:grumpy.

I really wanted to make the teal because I thought it was such a pretty color but no luck:(. On the up side I did do 6 dark blue, 3 lime green, and 3 burgundy and aran (couldn't find off white, hope aran is ok) so I do have some to send you this week.

I did get some orange yesterday so that will be the next color I send.

Croshay, I will let you know when the package is mailed.

Pat...WOW...you've been BUSY! I can't wait to get in all those squares to increase our supply! :jumpyay

I'm not having as much luck lately with finding the right colors either. Wal-mart just doesn't carry yarn like they did a few years ago. There's a place here called Ben Franklin Crafts but it's about 30 minutes away so I don't get out there very often.

Judy, I think different shades of the same color will be just fine. I really think it will add character to the lapghans. :hook

I finished one teal square last night and hope to get at least one more out of the skien I have on hand....

:yay Yea! We'll have a teal afghan in no time at this rate! :yay

I went to Hobby Lobby today for more teal yarn and they didn't have any in the right color. They had some turquoise but I wasn't sure if it would match. I didn't think to take my teal with me when I went. :blush

My 5 teal squares are boxed and ready to go..... now if I can get to the post office tomorrow (Friday). Will let you know when the box is in the mail.:slingshot

Also included a skein of "real teal" yarn so you can get that afghan finished :crocheting

Btw what color will you be using to connect the squares?

Whipstitch or crochet?

Yes, I'm back to asking questions :lol

I have 2 completed squares but am about 3 rows short of completing another one. This one is a regular granny. I made all three with a different "look". I'll see if I can get to the store by Monday to get more real teal...

My 5 teal squares are boxed and ready to go..... now if I can get to the post office tomorrow (Friday). Will let you know when the box is in the mail.:slingshot

Also included a skein of "real teal" yarn so you can get that afghan finished :crocheting

Btw what color will you be using to connect the squares?

Whipstitch or crochet?

Yes, I'm back to asking questions :lol

OMG here she goes with all those questions again. :lol

I'll be watchin for that box...and wow...you even included yarn for me to get the afghan finished?! TERRIFIC! :ty

I don't know yet what color I'll use to connect the squares, and I'll "probably" whipstitch them together. That's how I'm doing my son's comfortghan now and I like the way it looks....BUT....I think each square will need a finishing round first so I'm not sure yet how about that.

Deborah, I'll look at your site to see how you do yours. Maybe that'll help me decide. :ty again for all your help.

I have 2 completed squares but am about 3 rows short of completing another one. This one is a regular granny. I made all three with a different "look". I'll see if I can get to the store by Monday to get more real teal...

Judy, GREAT! :yay I can't wait to see those 3 different "looks" you've come up with.

Too bad we can't combine resources because I've got probably just enough "real teal" to finish your square. :lol

Mission accomplished...and I bought an extra skien of teal while I was there....and some bright yellow for the Stewie stuffie I'm planning on starting next week:D

Mission accomplished...and I bought an extra skien of teal while I was there....and some bright yellow for the Stewie stuffie I'm planning on starting next week:D

:yay Yea, now you can finish those 3 "looks" and try some more too! :lol

Never heard of a Stewie stuffie though... :think

:yay Yea, now you can finish those 3 "looks" and try some more too! :lol

Never heard of a Stewie stuffie though... :think

I already pulled out a couple of other 12 inch patterns:devil...do you want them as solid as possible, or can the patterns be a bit more openwork??

And Stewie is a cartoon character from the show "Family Guy"...I couldn't call him a doll...so I named him a "stuffie"...My DH has a hard time understanding my version of English, too:lol:lol

I already pulled out a couple of other 12 inch patterns:devil...do you want them as solid as possible, or can the patterns be a bit more openwork??

And Stewie is a cartoon character from the show "Family Guy"...I couldn't call him a doll...so I named him a "stuffie"...My DH has a hard time understanding my version of English, too:lol:lol

Judy, I'd go with more solid patterns/squares if possible, since the lady from the cancer resource center requested that we make them not too lacy or holey, so they're nice & warm for the patients.

Is Stewie that crazy little baby that wants his mom dead? :haha My teenagers were watching that & I walked in there & saw that little guy. He's too funny.

Judy, I'd go with more solid patterns/squares if possible, since the lady from the cancer resource center requested that we make them not too lacy or holey, so they're nice & warm for the patients.

Is Stewie that crazy little baby that wants his mom dead? :haha My teenagers were watching that & I walked in there & saw that little guy. He's too funny.

Okay on the patterns....

And yup - that's Stewie:lol:lol

Archived