Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ScoobyDoo - THANK YOU for the 2 beautiful teal squares that I picked up from church tonight. They're just perfect and exactly what we needed to have enough for our first afghan made of squares! :party

Your 2 squares also brought us to a total of 50 squares received so far! This is fantastic! :jumpyay

Keep up the great work, ladies! :ghug

Sorry, I just now found this post :lol. :think I guess finding it late is better than never. You are so welcome. I am working on navy blue for this month, as I :think that is the color we are working on, right? :lol Boy my mind is really slipping (trying to finish up the semester at school and getting ready for finals in about two weeks). :cheer:cheer:cheer:yay glad to hear that the first ghan is being made!! Congratulations!!! It is so exciting woooo hoooooo. And 50 squares to boot!!!!

Sorry, I just now found this post :lol. :think I guess finding it late is better than never. You are so welcome. I am working on navy blue for this month, as I :think that is the color we are working on, right? :lol Boy my mind is really slipping (trying to finish up the semester at school and getting ready for finals in about two weeks). :cheer:cheer:cheer:yay glad to hear that the first ghan is being made!! Congratulations!!! It is so exciting woooo hoooooo. And 50 squares to boot!!!!

Some of the folks are trying to work on a certain color each month to help ensure we get in enough squares to start getting some afghans put together. But feel free to make any of the other colors in the first message of the thread if you don't have that particular color.

I'm thinking next month we'll do burgundy and ivory. We received some gorgeous squares with the 2 colors. I guess we could also do solid colored squares in either of those 2 and then put them all together.

Good luck with school. I was right where you are this time last year. I'm glad it's all behind me now. :yes

Well here it is...our first group afghan!! :jumpyay:woo:party

TealAfghan4-11-08.jpg

My camera has 8 megapixels, so I don't know why this isn't very clear. Maybe I have it on the wrong setting. :think I'll have to fool with it some more.

Hope you all like the afghan, and thanks again for all your help!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Question: I have dogs and was just told by my Project Linus chapter that they won't take anything from me (even after washed, etc). I never thought to mention the pet thing before...is it okay with the cancer center once they're washed?

Question: I have dogs and was just told by my Project Linus chapter that they won't take anything from me (even after washed, etc). I never thought to mention the pet thing before...is it okay with the cancer center once they're washed?

Judy, the gal at the center never mentioned anything about that. I'll give her a call to make sure. I sure hope they'll take these things! I've got one afghan in the washer now & the other one is going in next!

I just called the center & left a message for the gal to call me back on Mon. I'll let you know what she says.

I love the teal all put together! Great job! :manyheart

Just wondering if you received the package of squares I sent last week?

Sharon - THANKS - glad you like the teal afghan! :yes

I haven't been to church all week. I'm sure I'll pick up your squares on Wed. I'll let you know.

:ty and :hug

I'm a lymphoma survivor myself so I'll be more than happy to contribute with at least one lime green square. I'll pm shortly for instructions.

Need Help!! I was going to do my squares in hdc, I start out with enough chains to cover my 12 inch board and 2 extra but when I do the hdc rows its coming out to big. I am using a J hook. If I tighten up my stitches then I'm short on my board. Does this even make sense?

Need Help!! I was going to do my squares in hdc, I start out with enough chains to cover my 12 inch board and 2 extra but when I do the hdc rows its coming out to big. I am using a J hook. If I tighten up my stitches then I'm short on my board. Does this even make sense?

Try a smaller hook - if it doesn't work, and it's too short, add a round entirely around the square when you're done. Sometimes I hve to play with hook and add to the number of chains...I crochet tightly.

I'm a lymphoma survivor myself so I'll be more than happy to contribute with at least one lime green square. I'll pm shortly for instructions.

Fredja, congratulations on being a survivor!! :jumpyay

I'm glad you decided to join us. I'll be watching for your PM.

Try a smaller hook - if it doesn't work, and it's too short, add a round entirely around the square when you're done. Sometimes I hve to play with hook and add to the number of chains...I crochet tightly.

Thanks I will try that,:yes I was just excited to get started and got discouraged because it wouldn't come out right after the 4th try:think

Patty, I have trouble getting squares to come out to just the right width (or length) too. That's why I prefer patterns that are made for "squares" - where you start from the middle and work your way out. They're easier to adjust the final size all the way around. :)

Patty, I have trouble getting squares to come out to just the right width (or length) too. That's why I prefer patterns that are made for "squares" - where you start from the middle and work your way out. They're easier to adjust the final size all the way around. :)

Do you have a pattern that doesn't have so many spaces:(. I did find a few last night when I was looking but they have the popcorn stitch in them and I wasn't sure if that would work for this project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Patty

Do you have a pattern that doesn't have so many spaces:(. I did find a few last night when I was looking but they have the popcorn stitch in them and I wasn't sure if that would work for this project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Patty

Patty the below site Crochet Pattern Central has a bunch of 12" squares and I used many of them for this project. There are all types of designs and patterns to try and they are worked in squares so you can adjust the size because mine very rarely come out to 12". Hope this helps.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/12in_squares.php

Patty the below site Crochet Pattern Central has a bunch of 12" squares and I used many of them for this project. There are all types of designs and patterns to try and they are worked in squares so you can adjust the size because mine very rarely come out to 12". Hope this helps.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/12in_squares.php

Thank you so much!! I did check these out and picked out some that look like they would be easy for me to do as we go down the road:). I need something that I can pick up and put down alot and not have to think about:lol

Thanks Patty

Archived