Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annie:

I have one ready and have time for another one tonight. I can get them in the mail sometime this week if you get me your address. This cause is close to my heart. Thanks for asking.

KathyWho

Annie:

I have one ready and have time for another one tonight. I can get them in the mail sometime this week if you get me your address. This cause is close to my heart. Thanks for asking.

KathyWho

Kathy, thank you so much! you can find my address on the first page of this thread. :hug

• 5 weeks later...

Will you take the Skinny Scarves for this too? Just wondering I have been wanting to make a few for a while now.. I just did not want to make them and then have nothing to do with them once they were made..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Will you take the Skinny Scarves for this too? Just wondering I have been wanting to make a few for a while now.. I just did not want to make them and then have nothing to do with them once they were made..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for asking. I would have to say that it depends on your definition of a skinny scarf. I really prefer the wider scarves, but have accepted ones that are 3" or so wide. I've recieved some beautiful scarves made with fun fur that are the cork screw kind. (not sure I'm describing them right) Those were great! So, I'd have to say, I would not want a 1-2" wide flat scarf that resembled a belt for obvious reasons, but wider than that and fluffy would do. Hope that answers your question!:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ann, hope all is well with you. Just wondering if the box-o-scarves arrived safely, with all this rain I would hate to think they are swimming in some stream..lol!

Hello Ann, hope all is well with you. Just wondering if the box-o-scarves arrived safely, with all this rain I would hate to think they are swimming in some stream..lol!

Oh, yes, they arrived and they are beautiful!!! I'm so sorry that I didn't let you know! I thought for sure that I did. I must be losing my mind, lol! This weather is really getting to me. At least it's finally stopped raining and is gorgeous today! :yay:hug

Not to worry, with all the rain we just lived through it is a wonder we don't forget more...lol!! Glad they arrived, now to start another box...be well my friend!

• 4 weeks later...

Is everyone enjoying the springtime? I've been busy making scarves, but haven't been remembering to take pics of them!:eek Life has been getting in the way lately. Sorry that I've been so scarce around here too. I do try to check in, so if you need me just send me a PM or write a message here. :hug

• 1 month later...

Yoo hoo! Hello eveyone!

Just checking in... have been make a stress-buster scarf every now and again ... and slowly my box is filling. I just finished a skinny (5") long scarf in RHSS and fun fur, I really like it and was tempted for a millisecond to keep it :lol but into the box it goes...

Oh, yes, they arrived and they are beautiful!!! I'm so sorry that I didn't let you know! I thought for sure that I did. I must be losing my mind, lol! This weather is really getting to me. At least it's finally stopped raining and is gorgeous today! :yay:hug

Wow I love the idea of scarves for survivors of abuse, can I help?

Sure you can help.:yes Welcome aboard, Ann will be glad to receive your scarves. If you check the first post you will get all the info and you can always pm Ann if you have any questions. We make them year round.

Hi Olivia, glad to see your still here. I've been working on a few things along with scarves so I've been a little slower than I like getting them done but I'm still on it.

How's everyone else doing?

Absolutely!:) Welcome! I see that Pat has answered you below, but if you have any questions feel free to pm me!

Sure you can help.:yes Welcome aboard, Ann will be glad to receive your scarves. If you check the first post you will get all the info and you can always pm Ann if you have any questions. We make them year round.

Hi Olivia, glad to see your still here. I've been working on a few things along with scarves so I've been a little slower than I like getting them done but I'm still on it.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Pat! Thanks for helping out! :hug

Hi Everyone! Hope you're all doing well! Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a worthy cause. It's been awhile since I've sent anything your way. I've got something I'm currently working on I think would work well for your cause. Need to connect to get your ady, don't think I still have it.

Such a worthy cause. It's been awhile since I've sent anything your way. I've got something I'm currently working on I think would work well for your cause. Need to connect to get your ady, don't think I still have it.

Sandy, if you go to the first post and click on Ann's website you will see the address there.

• 3 weeks later...
I have some scarves to go out to you, some I received for a wish and one I made. :hug Hopefully I can send them by this weekend, it's been a while since I have sent anything.

Hi there! Good to hear from you! I'll be keeping a look out for the scarves. Thanks! :hug

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps a dumb question, but do the scarves all need to warm scarves or are decorative scarves good for this too? I'm wondering about skinny summer decorative types?

Been working a ton of hours, so haven't been here in awhile. Looking forward to a couple of days to knit and crochet.

Thanks

Sandy

Hey Sandy, I think the summer scarves will work as well.

Hey, how is everyone doing? I've been a little slow on the scarf making myself. I will be back to it as it's my favorite thing to crochet these days.

Ann, how are you doing?

Hey Sandy, I think the summer scarves will work as well.

Hey, how is everyone doing? I've been a little slow on the scarf making myself. I will be back to it as it's my favorite thing to crochet these days.

Ann, how are you doing?

Hi Pat!

Thanks for jumping in and answering Sandy! I've been a little slow making scarves myself too. It's been so darn hot and humid here. The last thing I feel like doing is picking up some yarn! :eek I have been reading a lot. My hubby was in the hospital for a few days last week too and now I'm playing nurse to him and trying to take care of myself. It's pretty funny at times around here, lol!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! Stay cool!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear Andy was in the hospital, hope he's feeling better soon.

I know what you mean by hot. They were saying something on the news about it being the longest spell of over 90 degree days this early in the season in years.

I have some books that need to be sent to, so I'm glad you are finding time to read.

Good Morning Everyone. How are you holding up in all this heat????

Hi girls!

I've been crocheting away, but very, very slowly due to tendonitis. Actually, I shouldn't be crocheting at all, so I'm doing a lot of sewing up of unfinished projects :lol:lol:lol I did make a couple of hats recently, but after a massive scarf drive (7 in my GrannyAnnie box!), I just kind of flopped: I think that's when this heatwave started and the acrylic yarns began to stick to my fingers :( I have some lighter yarn that I'd put aside for scarves, but now I'm not so sure any more... I don't know how a thin yarn could make a nice, cuddly scarf. Any ideas (or patterns)??

Sorry to hear that DH was in hospital, Ann. I hope he's feeling better now. I'll give myself a kick in the seat of the pants and do some more scarves so I can send out my usual batch of ten. Pat: I'll be in touch soon! ;)

Hi girls!

I've been crocheting away, but very, very slowly due to tendonitis. Actually, I shouldn't be crocheting at all, so I'm doing a lot of sewing up of unfinished projects :lol:lol:lol I did make a couple of hats recently, but after a massive scarf drive (7 in my GrannyAnnie box!), I just kind of flopped: I think that's when this heatwave started and the acrylic yarns began to stick to my fingers :( I have some lighter yarn that I'd put aside for scarves, but now I'm not so sure any more... I don't know how a thin yarn could make a nice, cuddly scarf. Any ideas (or patterns)??

Sorry to hear that DH was in hospital, Ann. I hope he's feeling better now. I'll give myself a kick in the seat of the pants and do some more scarves so I can send out my usual batch of ten. Pat: I'll be in touch soon! ;)

Hi Olivia! So sorry to hear about the tendonitis. :( Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug I've been checking out your blog and love your hats and pillows!!! Your blog always manages to bring a smile to my face too, :yes. As for any ideas with the thinner yarn, I'm afraid that I don't have any. It's been so hot here too that I've had a hard time convincing myself to pick up any yarn! :P

Thanks for asking about Andy. He is on the mend and has actually returned to work (whew!)although he is still on antibiotics and is still in some pain. Hope the weather cools down for you soon. :hug

Hello Ladies, sorry to hear about the tendentious Olivia. That's a real bummer. Take a break and give it a chance to heal ok?

As for the lighter scarves, well I tried to do one in cotton and if Ann remembers I thought it looked like a rag and I sent it to Ann to show her why I didn't want to do any in cotton and she was so nice, she didn't have the heart to tell me how bad it was. I told her to put it in the trash. The only thing I have been crocheting are squares since they don't lay on you and they work up real fast.

Olivia, I also read your blog all the time. I wish I could comment but I can't get it to work but I'm also checking it out, I absolutely love reading your stories.

Archived