Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you all had a great 4-7!

I was RAOKed yesterday... just when I'd finished Mil's yarn and was wondering what to do next, the postman delivered some lovely fun fur.... hurray! Just what I needed for some scarves.

Pat: the move is progressing very slowly. Yesterday I started sorting out papers and documents. As a teacher I have a full room of books and files - I keep everything, just in case I need it. Believe me, when faced with the prospect of having to shlep them down two flights of stairs, I suddenly don't need them :lol Anyway, I threw away STACKS of stuff, put another box of stuff together to give away, and after FIVE hours of work, felt very pleased with myself. The only thing is, the place was even messier after I'd finished than before I started. Oh my goodness - then I hit despair ("We'll never move! We've too much stuff!") but I calmed down again. In German they say, "Kopf runter und durch!" - put your head down and keep going. And that's basically what I have to do! :D

I hope you all had a great 4-7!

I was RAOKed yesterday... just when I'd finished Mil's yarn and was wondering what to do next, the postman delivered some lovely fun fur.... hurray! Just what I needed for some scarves.

Pat: the move is progressing very slowly. Yesterday I started sorting out papers and documents. As a teacher I have a full room of books and files - I keep everything, just in case I need it. Believe me, when faced with the prospect of having to shlep them down two flights of stairs, I suddenly don't need them :lol Anyway, I threw away STACKS of stuff, put another box of stuff together to give away, and after FIVE hours of work, felt very pleased with myself. The only thing is, the place was even messier after I'd finished than before I started. Oh my goodness - then I hit despair ("We'll never move! We've too much stuff!") but I calmed down again. In German they say, "Kopf runter und durch!" - put your head down and keep going. And that's basically what I have to do! :D

:cheerHurray for RAOK's, lol! And don't worry about the moving, it will all get done! I know it's a pain! I've moved more times than I care to think about and I HATE moving, lol! This last time I packed up a 7 room house w/garage and Andy's 3 room apt that were all packed full! Now our 9 room house and attached barn/garage is full!:eek We don't ever intend on moving!:lol (the previous owner left tons of stuff!) It all works out and isnt' worth stressing over, I know easier said than done! :hug:hug:hug

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Well, I've just parcelled up a box of scarves - only nine, I'm afraid, because I'm already at 1800g and I can't send more than 2kg. I'm very proud of myself because I've used up most of my fun fur and lots of odd skeins that needed to be used up and given a purpose. Sadly I also had to buy a few more in matching colours in order to finish off a couple of the scarves, but I think I've generally been a good girl :D

Now I'm off to the post office, so they'll get sent off this evening or tomorrow morning!

Hello everyone,

Well, I've just parcelled up a box of scarves - only nine, I'm afraid, because I'm already at 1800g and I can't send more than 2kg. I'm very proud of myself because I've used up most of my fun fur and lots of odd skeins that needed to be used up and given a purpose. Sadly I also had to buy a few more in matching colours in order to finish off a couple of the scarves, but I think I've generally been a good girl :D

Now I'm off to the post office, so they'll get sent off this evening or tomorrow morning!

Hi Olivia! I'll keep my eyes open for a box from you!!!! :yay Thank you so much!:hug

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies! How's everyone doing? Sure has been a crazy summer so far hasn't it! This weather has been keeping things slow on my hooks and I think a lot of others too, lol! Not many scarves coming in, but that's ok, I think it's been slow at the crisis center (fingers crossed). At least they haven't called for more scarves. I know that they are moving to a new location, so I haven't delivered any to them lately. I'll make a larger delivery in Sept! I know that I have some ladies making scarves for me as a challenge in their group this month!!!:cheerHave a wonderful day everyone!!!:hug

Hi Everyone. I know what you mean Ann about the slow hooks. Mine has a scarf on it but isn't moving very fast. I'm working then usually out in the pool so neither place is very good for crocheting. I did think about how I could do it and still be in the pool. Hope everyone is doing well.

Yup, I'm almost afriad to pick up a hook because anything I work on will get a pound of wallpaper paste and three pounds of loose dirt crocheted into it! We're up to our tonsils in renovation and it was going great till I came down with the most awful throat infection. I've spent the last three days in bed :angry, too weak to do anything. DH came in to have a look at me yesterday, as I lay wan and listless beneath the covers - TOO SICK TO CROCHET! - and said, "Hmmmm... you don't get sick very often, but when you do - man, you really get it BAD!" And it's true. Today, I'm back on my feet but am moving like an old lady. Haven't picked up the hook yet, though, which is a sign that I'm still poorly :lol:lol:lol Enough of this whinging self-pity and back to tackling those scarves!

Yup, I'm almost afriad to pick up a hook because anything I work on will get a pound of wallpaper paste and three pounds of loose dirt crocheted into it! We're up to our tonsils in renovation and it was going great till I came down with the most awful throat infection. I've spent the last three days in bed :angry, too weak to do anything. DH came in to have a look at me yesterday, as I lay wan and listless beneath the covers - TOO SICK TO CROCHET! - and said, "Hmmmm... you don't get sick very often, but when you do - man, you really get it BAD!" And it's true. Today, I'm back on my feet but am moving like an old lady. Haven't picked up the hook yet, though, which is a sign that I'm still poorly :lol:lol:lol Enough of this whinging self-pity and back to tackling those scarves!

Oh Olivia! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick!:hug That's the last thing that you need with all the work you've got going on with the house renovation. Take it easy and just get back on your feet slowly. I know what it's like to feel like an old lady!:lol

Olivia, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Glad you are getting back on your feet.

Ann, it's a 2 hour ride to Hershey Park where we are taking my son for his birthday this weekend and I worked on a scarf the entire ride. Actually, I do it so I am not a backseat driver. My DBF is always telling me "why don't you just crochet and let me drive". :lol

:lol Pat, I crochet in the car too, mostly so that I don't have to look at the traffic, but also so that I don't make all kinds of "comments" about DH's driving and the traffic! :lol Yup, I'm told, just look down and crochet!:lol

I have a box, and will mail it out asap, my daughter just had her baby this week, and she wasn't feeling to well before hand (gallbladder issues). So I have been doing the Nana dash...from one house to the other...crazy summer. Hopefully I can have 5 minutes to myself so I can pack my box and mail it. Hope you are well...

I have a box, and will mail it out asap, my daughter just had her baby this week, and she wasn't feeling to well before hand (gallbladder issues). So I have been doing the Nana dash...from one house to the other...crazy summer. Hopefully I can have 5 minutes to myself so I can pack my box and mail it. Hope you are well...

Congrats on the new grandbaby!!!:cheer Hope your daughter is feeling better now. I sure do remember the gallbladder pain before they decided to remove it!:hugHope you get some time to rest Nana! :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Ladies. Thought I would give this site a :bump since I'm sure Ann will be needing scarves soon. I am crocheting, slowly but still at it. I have 2 and working on the third. I got this stitch pattern book recently (not that I don't have several already) but it has really nice patterns for scarves. It's been fun doing each one different.

So how is everyone doing?

Good Morning Ladies. Thought I would give this site a :bump since I'm sure Ann will be needing scarves soon. I am crocheting, slowly but still at it. I have 2 and working on the third. I got this stitch pattern book recently (not that I don't have several already) but it has really nice patterns for scarves. It's been fun doing each one different.

So how is everyone doing?

Thanks for the bump Pat! :lol Yes, I will be needing scarves soon! Yay for you! You got a new book!!!!:cheer We can never have enough pattern books! :lol I used a couple different patterns this month myself, then fell back to my old standbys for the rest of them,:lol How's everyone else doing?

Ann, I will add this to my list as well. Thanks for bringing this cause to our attention. Sorry if I missed it, but where do I send these?

Audra:hook:hook

Hi Audra! Glad to have you with us! :hug I see that Pat has already answered your question. Feel free to PM me if you have any more! The wonderful ladies here are always available and ready to assist to!

Thanks for your help Pat! :hug

For you, anytime.

I'm going away for the weekend and plan on taking my scarf and some other yarn with me. Hope to finish this one and get another one done. Weather is cooling down so time to crank up again.

Works just been so crazy when I get home I'm exhausted. I pick up my yarn and fall asleep with it in my hands, if I'm lucky I might have made a stitch or two. :lol Can't get much done that way. Oh well, we try.

For you, anytime.

I'm going away for the weekend and plan on taking my scarf and some other yarn with me. Hope to finish this one and get another one done. Weather is cooling down so time to crank up again.

Works just been so crazy when I get home I'm exhausted. I pick up my yarn and fall asleep with it in my hands, if I'm lucky I might have made a stitch or two. :lol Can't get much done that way. Oh well, we try.

I know what you mean!:lol I've been trying to do little bits and pieces at my computer and keep falling asleep!:lol I'm also trying to get baby things made for the new grandbaby due this month. The shower is this coming weekend! :eek At least I'll be able to get back to making scarves soon! :hook

Archived