Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Hi Pat, Olivia, and all other scarve ladies! I'm here! I try to check in every day. It's starting to cool down here too, Olivia, but I don't think we're as cold as you are yet:wbrr. This cooler weather does have me wanting to get out my hooks and needles again though! :cheer I must confess that I made only a very few scarves over the summer...:( Time for me to get a good old swift kick in the pants, lol!

Take care ladies! :hug

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fall is definitely in the air. I picked up some very pretty yarn today that was totally fall colors. It just look so good for a scarf so I had to buy it:lol. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ann,

Sent two boxes, hope you received them...still going, soon as I finish a box out it will go dear friend...be well one and all!!

Yes, I did recieve them! Thank you so much. You've been a busy bee, lol! They are beautiful! :hug

I, also, rec'd a pkd from Sandy. Thank you so much! :hug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is RHSS an acceptable yarn for these scarves? I have two scarves made up that need a home. :)

Yes, that is totally acceptable. It's what most of mine that I send to Ann are made from.

Is RHSS an acceptable yarn for these scarves? I have two scarves made up that need a home. :)

Yes, that is totally acceptable. It's what most of mine that I send to Ann are made from.

Hi mandymae and welcome! As Pat has said, yes RHSS is perfectly fine. :)

Good morning Pat! Thanks for hopping in and helping out! Oops, I just looked at the time and realized that it's afternoon! :lol Guess you know who's been a sleepy head today! :blush Now it's time for me to get my butt out the door and head for my dr's appt! Have a great day everyone! :hug

Hi mandymae and welcome! As Pat has said, yes RHSS is perfectly fine. :)

Great! I have two lovely red and white scarves packed up and will be getting to the post office either tomorrow or Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I want to thank you for all of your lovely "creations" this year. As some of you know, it has been a very challenging year for me physically, mentally, and financially. With each package that has arrived I have been reminded of the kindness of this group, so you see, your scarves, wristbands, lapsquares, have not only been helping a survivor to heal but have helped to bring some sunshine into my life also. Their beauty always brings a smile to my face and I know that when a survivor recieves one of the "creations" that they will feel the caring that went into it. Thank you so very much for keeping this group alive when I have been so ill at times that I didn't know that I would be able to. You inspire me keep going.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies! How are you all doing? Well I hope! Just wanted to let you know that I made a delivery of scarves, etc to the crisis center today. They were VERY appreciative! They moved to a new location about a year ago. It's right downtown in a large city now instead of a side street, so they are more accessable which brought them more survivors. Then after the Oprah show about male survivors, they started to receive more calls from men. (thank goodness they finally feel that they can call). So you see, we still have a lot of work to do! But, my purpose of coming here today was to say THANK YOU for all that you have done! You are amazing! I wish that I had pictures to show you. I know that I have been lazy about that this past year. I promise to try to do better this coming year. Big Hugs!

:hug Ann

Soon to be on their way to you GrannyAnnie;

The lapghan is crocheted, the white scarf done on a knifty knitter loom, and the purple is knit in a basketweave stitch.

Oooohhhh, they're all so pretty! I'll be keeping a look out for them! Thank you! :hug

Glad to hear you got to make a trip to deliver the scarves. I have found several new patterns I'd like to try but it will have to wait until the holidays are over. I just can't sit still right now. It's been tough just trying to find the time to make a square the past couple of months.

Glad to hear you got to make a trip to deliver the scarves. I have found several new patterns I'd like to try but it will have to wait until the holidays are over. I just can't sit still right now. It's been tough just trying to find the time to make a square the past couple of months.

Hi Pat! New patterns, oh boy! I've been looking around again too. I just might try out a couple! I sure know what you mean about it being busy times right now, especially this time of the year! I usually do a lot of my scarf making in the car. I have the luxury of having DH driving me around everywhere. (trust me, it's not always a luxury, lol!:lol) I must admit though, that I have had very little energy even for that latley, so I haven't made many. I'm hoping to improve that in the new year!:hug

That's funny that you said you make yours in the car. That's exactly what I do anytime we are going somewhere. My DBF drives and because I am a backseat driver, just before we go out the door he always says "do you have your yarn?". I always have a bag with a scarf in there so I can crochet while he drives. I kill 2 birds with one stone this way, make a scarf and be quiet while he is driving. :lol

That's funny that you said you make yours in the car. That's exactly what I do anytime we are going somewhere. My DBF drives and because I am a backseat driver, just before we go out the door he always says "do you have your yarn?". I always have a bag with a scarf in there so I can crochet while he drives. I kill 2 birds with one stone this way, make a scarf and be quiet while he is driving. :lol

Yup, DH loves it because it keeps me quiet :lol but lately he's the one that's been a chatterbox! I can't concentrate! :blink

Archived