Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
My mother and I are putting together a box to send, since it's been so long since we have... :) I have a good few scarves that I received from wishes from other groups, plus I've been making them a lot recently.

I hope everyone had a good New Year's! :party

Hello! So good to hear from you! I'll be looking for those scarves! :yay

I ended 2010 in the ER. I was dehydrated again. It's the 4th time since Sept, so I'm looking forward to good New Year! Wishing you and your's a Happy New Year too! :hug

Hello! So good to hear from you! I'll be looking for those scarves! :yay

I ended 2010 in the ER. I was dehydrated again. It's the 4th time since Sept, so I'm looking forward to good New Year! Wishing you and your's a Happy New Year too! :hug

Oh no! Take care of yourself Ann! :hug:hug:hug

I do have one little question. I made a scarf out of two small skeins of a baby boucle yarn. It would fit a small child, it's only 48" long, because that is as far as the yarn took me. It is really cuddly, but not sure if it is long enough for your charity?

Oh no! Take care of yourself Ann! :hug:hug:hug

I do have one little question. I made a scarf out of two small skeins of a baby boucle yarn. It would fit a small child, it's only 48" long, because that is as far as the yarn took me. It is really cuddly, but not sure if it is long enough for your charity?

I'm sure it would be fine. They don't get many small children survivors (thank goodness), but they like to have something put aside for them for the times when they are needed. :hug

Yes, thank goodness. Thank you for your input. Normally I wouldn't make them that small. I'm still on a scarf making spree, so when I get tired of making them I will send them your way. ;)

Enjoy you scarf making spree and I'll be here when you're ready to send them! :hook:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ladies! How's everyone doing? Can you believe that it's almost February! I'm hoping that means a lot less snow, LOL! :lol I've been busy trying to crochet a scarf these past couple of days, but my house is so dry and the skein of yarn I'm using is full of static electricity! It keeps sticking to me!:blinkDoes anyone have a suggestion? Once I get it worked up it's ok, it's just getting it thru my fingers and made into a scarf! :lol

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! :hug

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Ann! Still have the scarves coming soon... I have most of them boxed up, a few that need ends woven in, and I think my mother is throwing a few in the pot. Hopefully I will send them this weekend. :manyheart

Hi there! Send them along when you can. I'll be here! :) Thank you! :hug

• 1 month later...

Hi Ladies! I've decided to try to list some of our favorites patterns over the years on this post. Now and again someone will ask me for a pattern and I just have no idea what to say. I see so many beautiful scarves! It also amazes me what some of you do with a pattern. The choice of yarn and color can totally change the way it will look! I'm thinking of, I believe the MAM pattern that is 2 colors, well, one person ususally does it in a solid color. I had no idea it was the same pattern! :lol It gorgeous!!! Looks like flowers! So, enough of my ramblings. I've gone back through our pages and have many more to go. I'll list patterns as I find them and if you have a favorite that you'd like added to the list please let me know! :hook

Scarvesthey should be at least 5 inwide and around 60 inches long. Also the yarn used should be as soft as possible, so that the scarf can be held close without feeling rough to the skin. Think of it as a "teddy bear".

2 StrandDC Scarf, post #5

Fun Scarves

Victory V-Stitch Scarves , scroll down the page

Mile-A-Minute Scarf

Pretty One-Skein Scarf

Shelly

Spring Scarf

Potato Chip Ruffled Scarf

Bev's Shell Scarf

Waffle Stitch Scarf

craftybegonia website -a lot of beautiful scarflet patterns, maybe try lengthening them?

Easy V's Scarf

Wristbands – the band should be approx. 3” wide. They come out very cute using a simple hdc or dc pattern also.

Textured Stretch Wrist Band

Lapsquares - the "square" should be at least 18" wide. I usually make them around 25" to 30". I’ve made large granny sqs, doily patterns using worsted weight yarn, and baby blanket patterns.

9 pt Solid Center Round Ripple

NattyPat Layette Blanket pdf download

Hey Ann, How are you feeling? Hope things are going well.

Great idea on the patterns. I want to try that Spring Scarf, I haven't seen that pattern before.

I have a favorite that I've used a lot but I have to find the site for it. It's a free pattern. I'll let you know as soon as I can find it.

Hey Ann, How are you feeling? Hope things are going well.

Great idea on the patterns. I want to try that Spring Scarf, I haven't seen that pattern before.

I have a favorite that I've used a lot but I have to find the site for it. It's a free pattern. I'll let you know as soon as I can find it.

Hi Pat! I'm feeling some better, but actually heading back to the hospital in the morning to have my J tube fixed, bleh. It only lasted 4 days!

I love the Spring Scarf pattern too. I haven't made it in a while. Time to dig out the pattern again! I hope you're feeling better my friend. :hug

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted. I'm still around and looking for help with scarves. My health has slowed me down some this past year, but I really want to pick things up again! I could use some help. Anybody still out there? :hook

Hi sweetie! I'm still around. Haven't been on the ville lately (probably the past year). Too busy in the hospital myself, and too much time on Ravelry. I would love to make some scarves for you and your ladies. I also saw something about lap squares?? That sounds interesting. Just let me know what you need, how many, where to send them and when you need them by!

Your friend in sickness and health (yours and mine!)

Janine

Hi sweetie! I'm still around. Haven't been on the ville lately (probably the past year). Too busy in the hospital myself, and too much time on Ravelry. I would love to make some scarves for you and your ladies. I also saw something about lap squares?? That sounds interesting. Just let me know what you need, how many, where to send them and when you need them by!

Your friend in sickness and health (yours and mine!)

Janine

Hi Janine! So good to see you! I'm sorry that you've been sick too. I hope you're feeling better now.:hug I could use scarves, but if you'd like to make lap squares, that's fine too! Make as many or as few as you'd like. The address is the same. You can find it in the link to Compassionate Creations in my siggy. It is at the bottom of the first page on the site. As it is an ongoing project, you can send them any time. There is no deadline. Thank you so much! :hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If any of you need easy and fast scarf patterns, I have tons of FREE ones in my Craftybegonia blog. I make lots of them every year myself for Warming Families.

If any of you need easy and fast scarf patterns, I have tons of FREE ones in my Craftybegonia blog. I make lots of them every year myself for Warming Families.

Thanks for the heads up! We're always looking for new patterns, especially FREE ones! :hug

Archived