Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

I just bought a pound skein of pretty sea green yarn specifically to make scarves to send to you. However, I don't want to put more on you than is necessary. If you'd rather the yarn be used in other charity projects, I can certainly do that. If you want me to make the scarves and send them your way, I'd be happy to do that too. I just want it to be easy for you! You tell me what would be most helpful. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought a pound skein of pretty sea green yarn specifically to make scarves to send to you. However, I don't want to put more on you than is necessary. If you'd rather the yarn be used in other charity projects, I can certainly do that. If you want me to make the scarves and send them your way, I'd be happy to do that too. I just want it to be easy for you! You tell me what would be most helpful. :)

Hi there!!! I'm so sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I was in the hospital again! :( If you still have the yarn available to make scarves I would love them! I also understand if you have promised it to another charity by now. I sure do wish I had a smart phone or laptop or one of those other fancy gadgets so I could keep in touch when I end up in the hospital so often or can't get off the couch because I'm too weak.

Take care and enjoy your summer! :hug

Hi Ann. :hug I'm so sorry you've been back in the hospital...thank you for letting us know what's going on. Take care and feel better soon. ♥♥♥

Sending prayers my friend!!! Get well soon!!!!

Hi ladies! Thank you so much for caring. :hug I actually feel pretty good today, well in comparison to what I have been feeling, lol. I am getting IV fluids at home now so that helps a lot! I managed to finish a scarf yesterday :hook. It's nothing fancy, just a dc homespun scarf, but I got it done! Hurray for some energy! :D Take care all and I'll try to keep you all up to date! :hug

Hi there!!! I'm so sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I was in the hospital again! :( If you still have the yarn available to make scarves I would love them! I also understand if you have promised it to another charity by now. I sure do wish I had a smart phone or laptop or one of those other fancy gadgets so I could keep in touch when I end up in the hospital so often or can't get off the couch because I'm too weak.

Take care and enjoy your summer! :hug

I do still have the yarn. I just had a feeling to hang on to it and save it for you. :) I'll start working on a few and then send a box your way. Could you pm your address to me so that I have it when I'm ready to send?? Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Im going to hold off ann, on making some scarves, don't want to overtax you, let us know when you are ready to recieve again, for now, concentrate on getting stronger, and healthier every day, Best of the best .

I second that, get better, we will be here when you are ready again...prayers, love and good thoughts are with you!!!

Im going to hold off ann, on making some scarves, don't want to overtax you, let us know when you are ready to recieve again, for now, concentrate on getting stronger, and healthier every day, Best of the best .

I second that, get better, we will be here when you are ready again...prayers, love and good thoughts are with you!!!

Thank you! I've been looking at some scarves that I need to wrap up and get in to the center and I'm trying to get the energy to do it and well, it's been hard. I'm going to ask my home health care worker if she can help me. I don't know if she is allowed, but I'll ask. Then my hubby can bring them by the center. I'm working hard with PT, OT and VN and my dr's to get stronger! It's an uphill battle, but I'm determined! :) Thanks for all the love! :hug

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying this lovely autumn weather we're having! :autumn I'm finally starting to get a bit of energy back and have made a couple of scarves! :cheer I plan of making a trip to the crisis center by the end of Oct. I want to get there before the snow flies! :lol Thank you all for your caring and prayers during this "rough patch" I'm going thru. I truly appreciate it. :hug

Hi Ann! It's wonderful to see your post. :hug I'm so glad you're feeling a little better! :manyheart I've slowed down a bit on making scarves, but have one on my hook now. :)

Hi Mary! Good to "see" you too! :hug It is wonderful to be feeling a bit better, although I must admit that I over did it a bit Friday night by going to my granddaughter's birthday party. She turned 6 and of course Grammy had to be there! :) I didn't stay long, but I'm paying for the long ride and just the activity. Taking real slow yesterday and today. I have another birthday party to attend in a couple of weeks so I have to recharge my batteries! :lol Jillybean turns 3! :cheer This cool weather has me in the mood to make scarves! It's been mighty chilly in the mornings! I've even been wearing my fingerless gloves at times. What will I do when the real cold weather gets here! :wbrr Take care and have a nice weekend, what's left of it at least! :lol:hug

Can you use shorter scarves for smaller victims, never asked and unfortunately our children are at risk as well.

Yes, unfortunately, we can use some shorter scarves for the younger ones. It's very sad to think about, but we can't forget them. We can also use some longer ones for men. Thank you for asking. :hug

It is sad but an unfortunate truth, but it makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I won't get into it , I worked with children for 25 years (special needs) I have a very large soft spot for the kiddos. I will get to work and off my soap box...stay healthy my friend!!

It is sad but an unfortunate truth, but it makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I won't get into it , I worked with children for 25 years (special needs) I have a very large soft spot for the kiddos. I will get to work and off my soap box...stay healthy my friend!!

:hug:hug:hug

Hi Ann, I've been thinking of you. Funny you said you wanted shorter scarves. I just finished a child's scarf and wanted to make a matching hat which I have a couple of rows left to do. I do have a box of books to send you if you still want them. I hope you are feeling better. I'm hoping to continue making the scarfs but lately I am getting a pain in my left hand when crocheting so it's slow going but the weather just brings out the hooks fort me.

Hi Ann, I've been thinking of you. Funny you said you wanted shorter scarves. I just finished a child's scarf and wanted to make a matching hat which I have a couple of rows left to do. I do have a box of books to send you if you still want them. I hope you are feeling better. I'm hoping to continue making the scarfs but lately I am getting a pain in my left hand when crocheting so it's slow going but the weather just brings out the hooks fort me.

Hello there! I was just thinking of you! You have an anniversary coming up really soon! :cheer How's married life treating you? :D I'm sorry to hear that your hand is hurting. My lupus has been flaring, plus the regular arthritis too, so I'm one hurting unit. Thank goodness for the heavy duty pain meds my dr gave me! I have an appt at a pain clinic next week too to see if they can help. If I can get that under control maybe the gastroparesis won't feel so bad. I'm just taking it one day at a time and enjoying life as I can. I would love the books you have! I don't get out much except for drs appts, so my hooks, tv, this computer and books are my entertainment! :lol Ok, are you guys sick of me blabbering yet? :P Take care and stay in touch! :hug

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Annie, hope this finds you stronger and healthier, I have a box for you. I will mail it out asap, I have a terrible cold, been keeping myself inside. As soon as I can I will mail it out...be well!

Hello Annie, hope this finds you stronger and healthier, I have a box for you. I will mail it out asap, I have a terrible cold, been keeping myself inside. As soon as I can I will mail it out...be well!

Hi there! Thanks for thinking of me. I am having a good day today. :) Still taking it one day at a time. The IV fluids daily and new medsare really helping a lot. I'll keep an eye out for your box. Send it whenever you can. Just make sure you take care of yourself! Lots of good old chicken soup and bedrest! :hug

The box is in the mail, sorry it took so long...will start another shortly..many baby things to make. Hope you are doing well...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

The box is in the mail, sorry it took so long...will start another shortly..many baby things to make. Hope you are doing well...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh dear Adele, thank you so very much! I ended up back in the hospital for a couple of days only to arrive home to the delivery of this huge box of scarves! You are a sweetheart!:hug

Archived