Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Gee whiz, I said I was sending scarves, what? 5 months ago? I am such a slacker! The scarves are boxed up and ready to go for tomorrow's mail. :manyheart I forgot to count, but I think there are at least 20, some from almoreland too. :yes Plus, a lapsquare and a few wrist bands.

Gee whiz, I said I was sending scarves, what? 5 months ago? I am such a slacker! The scarves are boxed up and ready to go for tomorrow's mail. :manyheart I forgot to count, but I think there are at least 20, some from almoreland too. :yes Plus, a lapsquare and a few wrist bands.

Not a slacker, just a very busy woman! :lol 20 scarves! OMG! Plus more! What can I say? Thank you so much! :hug:hug:hug

Hi Everyone! How are you all doing today? You know it's been a really long time since I've shown you any pics of all the beautiful creations that get sent in to me. I don't know how to post a slide show here anymore, so here they are! This is what has come in over the year. I wish that I had a better way to display them so that you could see how really beautiful they all are! Thank you all so much for all that you do! Every time I look at them I am amazed at the talent and caring from all of you wonderful people! :hug:hug:hug

post-16860-135897681635_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681639_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681643_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681646_thumb.jpg

post-16860-13589768165_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681653_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681657_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681661_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897681664_thumb.jpg

You sent 20 and you're a slacker, I don't think so. I sent her 4, now that's a slacker. I just haven't been up to crocheting lately but I keep trying :yes. The scarves have become my favorite thing to crochet since there are hundreds of patterns.

You sent 20 and you're a slacker, I don't think so. I sent her 4, now that's a slacker. I just haven't been up to crocheting lately but I keep trying :yes. The scarves have become my favorite thing to crochet since there are hundreds of patterns.

:lol I didn't make all of them myself. ;) I haven't made any since February. I usually do it in spurts. :yes

Ann, the package went out today.. had car troubles yesterday, but luckily my husband fixed it quickly.

Ann, I just had a thought:idea, yes I do have them occasionally, anyway would a mini round ripple work like a lap square? :think

Absolutely! That's what I usually do for them. I love RR's! :D

:lol I didn't make all of them myself. ;) I haven't made any since February. I usually do it in spurts. :yes

Ann, the package went out today.. had car troubles yesterday, but luckily my husband fixed it quickly.

Okey, dokey! I'll keep my eyes open for it! Thank you! Glad you got your car fixed quickly! :hug

hey miss Ann............

I have a few scarves for you.

I probably wont mail until Mondy... just incase I can squeeze one or two more out! :hook

:heart

:mug

Wow, so Cyndi's scarves arrived Saturday! :eek Talk about fast delivery! I didn't expect them for at least a week! :lol Plus 2 wonderful elves granted wishes for HIJ and sent in 2 scarves and a pretty circle blanket! I've updated the count on the website for July. Here are the newest pics! Forgive my photography skills. I've been up since 1am! :morcoffee

post-16860-135897682746_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897682749_thumb.jpg

post-16860-13589768276_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ann (and everyone)! Just thought I'd post and let you know I've started a few scarves for you! I almost completed one and have two more in the wings next! It's nice to get a 'break' from making totes, the scarves are quick and easy to do AND go for a great cause!

I'll let you know when I send them out my dear!

kuddles

Hey Ann (and everyone)! Just thought I'd post and let you know I've started a few scarves for you! I almost completed one and have two more in the wings next! It's nice to get a 'break' from making totes, the scarves are quick and easy to do AND go for a great cause!

I'll let you know when I send them out my dear!

kuddles

Thank you sooooo much! :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful, safe holiday weekend! Did you all fair well thru Hurricane Irene and the rest of this crazy weather? We got some water in our basement but that's about it. We were very lucky, and are thankful!

I thought you might enjoy seeing a couple of pics of the pretty scarves that came in during August. Here they are!

post-16860-135897694501_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897694504_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897694506_thumb.jpg

Very nice.

Now if I can just get the crochet hook going again, I'll be glad to contribute, since I really enjoy making scarves. I just can't get into crochet right now and a friend of mine just asked me for a baby blanket to be done before October and I can't even get the energy to find a pattern I want to do. I think it's all this wedding stuff I'm dealing with right now. Takes up too much brain time. Well, looking at pretty scarves can give you a push and these certainly are pretty.

Very nice.

Now if I can just get the crochet hook going again, I'll be glad to contribute, since I really enjoy making scarves. I just can't get into crochet right now and a friend of mine just asked me for a baby blanket to be done before October and I can't even get the energy to find a pattern I want to do. I think it's all this wedding stuff I'm dealing with right now. Takes up too much brain time. Well, looking at pretty scarves can give you a push and these certainly are pretty.

Aww, I'm sorry you're going thru a slow time right now with your crochet. I get like that too. Sometimes it's just hard to get motivated. But you've got a lot on your mind! Once the wedding is over you'll have plenty of time to crochet! :hook I can't believe your friend asked you to make a baby blanket right now! Yikes! What about the Bubbles Blanket? It works up quick and is really cute. Don't stress about scarves. We'll be here when you're ready to make and send again! :hug

Okay Ann after sitting in my car for over a week (I tried the post office once, the line was out the door!) the box containing 3 scarves for you went out today!

Thanks for letting me help!!!

kuddles

Thank you soooo much! :hug

Be on the lookout for a box o scarves looking for a home...lol!! Finally Annie, they are on their way! Be well dear friend!

Will keep my eyes open!!! Thank you so much! You be well also dear friend! :hug I love your new avatar btw!!! :)

Archived