Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

I am still here Annie...my box is not quite full, soon though, I will let you know. Hope all is well...been a busy summer! Be well my scarf making buddies!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still here Annie...my box is not quite full, soon though, I will let you know. Hope all is well...been a busy summer! Be well my scarf making buddies!!

:hiHello there! Good to hear from you. Hope you are having a good summer, not just a busy one, lol! Sure has been a hot and humid one!:P Take care my friend! :hug

Seems I'm always playing catch up. Got 2 scarves ready Ann and am putting in the mail either today or tomorrow. Just wanted to sing out. Took me longer then anticipated.

Such a good cause.

Sandy

By way ladies...I'm having a give away, FREE Yarn! To help me celebrate an upcoming blog milestone (soon to hit 200 posts) on Bridge and Beyond (homeless charity). You don't have to be one who's donated knitted or crocheted hats, scarves or mittens to participate in the yarn give away. But, I never turn down helping hands.

Sandy

Just wanted to double check, I have a Pennsylvania address for Compassionate Creations, but thought the webpage said something about Boston?

Do I have the right info ladies?

Thanks

Sandy

Blog Contest

Free yarn

Knit and Crochet for Homeless

Looked around further and that's the address I keep coming up with, so fingers crossed. Just back from the post office.

Sandy

Watching and waiting, I hate to block, ghan drying as it's being blocked in living room

Looked around further and that's the address I keep coming up with, so fingers crossed. Just back from the post office.

Sandy

Watching and waiting, I hate to block, ghan drying as it's being blocked in living room

Sending you a PM now......

Groan, was sent to the Pa address. Dang it, since I didn't know when I could get to the post office went ahead and mailed it from a previous note and pm. Wonder if it will come back to me, or with any stretch...it has the right zip code...wonder if that will work? Fingers crossed

Not that is matters now; but I also wondered why the change of names for the group. Used to send to Threads of Compassion in Illinois and wondered why the change in ady and name?

Sandy

Not that is matters now; but I also wondered why the change of names for the group. Used to send to Threads of Compassion in Illinois and wondered why the change in ady and name?

Sandy

Sorry for the confusion. Compassionate Creations and Threads of Compassion are two seperate groups. Compassionate Creations started when I read about "TOC" and asked them about starting a group out here in MA. They were thrilled with the idea and CC was started...

Sorry for the confusion. Compassionate Creations and Threads of Compassion are two seperate groups. Compassionate Creations started when I read about "TOC" and asked them about starting a group out here in MA. They were thrilled with the idea and CC was started...

Oh, I didn't realize it was 2 different groups. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Free Yarn, Blog Contest

Groan, was sent to the Pa address. Dang it, since I didn't know when I could get to the post office went ahead and mailed it from a previous note and pm. Wonder if it will come back to me, or with any stretch...it has the right zip code...wonder if that will work? Fingers crossed

Guess what!!! Your package arrived today! :D:hug Not only did the Post Office get it to the right place because of the correct zip code, but they got it here really fast! :lol Have a great day!

Guess what!!! Your package arrived today! :D:hug Not only did the Post Office get it to the right place because of the correct zip code, but they got it here really fast! :lol Have a great day!

YIPPEE:cheer

I'm floored, and thrilled. That was fast, faster then normal even. You made my day, so glad they reached you. This is one for the books for sure. :clap

Let's party, hehe

Free Yarn, Blog Contest

That's really funny. So how did it get to Ann in MA when it was sent to PA except for the correct zip code. That hysterical.:lol Oh my goodness. Well the great news is they made it to Ann.:clap

That's really funny. So how did it get to Ann in MA when it was sent to PA except for the correct zip code. That hysterical.:lol Oh my goodness. Well the great news is they made it to Ann.:clap

We'll all be scratching on our heads on that one forever. lol I guess because everything but the state was right? Somehow they were able to figure it out?? I'm still shocked.:think

Hi Ann! Just wanted to let you know there are 12 scarves headed your way from MO as of this afternoon. :)

Hi April! Well, I don't know how I missed your post the other day, so when your package arrived today it was a TOTAL surprise!!!! :cheer Thank you so much! I love the skein of Italia Yarn Bee! It's sooo soft! I've never had that before! :hug

Hi April! Well, I don't know how I missed your post the other day, so when your package arrived today it was a TOTAL surprise!!!! :cheer Thank you so much! I love the skein of Italia Yarn Bee! It's sooo soft! I've never had that before! :hug

I'm so glad the box arrived, and so quickly!

I should have included a note, the "skein" of Italia is actually a scarf! LOL I thought I'd include the label since it suggests hand-washing. I do love the Italia for scarves, it's such a shame they discontinued it :(

I'm so glad the box arrived, and so quickly!

I should have included a note, the "skein" of Italia is actually a scarf! LOL I thought I'd include the label since it suggests hand-washing. I do love the Italia for scarves, it's such a shame they discontinued it :(

:lol That's so funny! I should have looked closer!:lol It is so pretty though and it is a shame that it's discontinued! :hug

Just a quick hello - Ann, I finally sent off a box of scarves and I don't know how many are in it :lol I was so proud of getting so many in there that I forgot to count them and by the time I realised this, the box was all taped up :lol I think it's 9 or 10, mostly children's scarves and a couple of long skinny scarves. My favourite one is the one that I had to take back out of the box because it was too big and too heavy ... so that'll go in the next box.

As always, it's gone by ship, so I hope it gets there for your September drop off.

And how are the rest of you ladies??? :hook

Just a quick hello - Ann, I finally sent off a box of scarves and I don't know how many are in it :lol I was so proud of getting so many in there that I forgot to count them and by the time I realised this, the box was all taped up :lol I think it's 9 or 10, mostly children's scarves and a couple of long skinny scarves. My favourite one is the one that I had to take back out of the box because it was too big and too heavy ... so that'll go in the next box.

As always, it's gone by ship, so I hope it gets there for your September drop off.

And how are the rest of you ladies??? :hook

Hi Olivia! I'll keep an eye open for that box to arrive! :D:hug

I'm enjoying a nice refreshing day here. The weather is lovely for a change. We are finally having a nice sunny day without the humidity. It's wonderful! Of course, I'm spending most of my time indoors, unfortunately:lol. Hope your tendonitis is getting better! :hug

Good Morning Everyone. Hope everyone is doing well and others (Miss Crochet) are feeling better.

The weather today is really nice 82 to 85 low humidity which is great. I've been looking at scarf patterns so I getting itchy to start up again and I know the Ann will be needing them. Sorry I've been away but I have not had the energy to do any crocheting pass a square, and I've been even slow at that. It's just been way too hot.

• 2 weeks later...

I can commit to at least two scarves right now. I will probably be able to do more once the kids are in school. PM me ur addy and I will get started on these right away.

Hugs,

Kym

I can commit to at least two scarves right now. I will probably be able to do more once the kids are in school. PM me ur addy and I will get started on these right away.

Hugs,

Kym

Hi Kym! Sorry that I haven't responded until now. I've been sick since Wed and haven't been on the computer at all! :( I'll PM my addy to you you right now! FYI, it's always available on my website at the bottom of the first page. There is a link in my signature...:hug

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Everyone, how you all doing?

Well Ann, wanted to let you know I started up crocheting scarves again for you. Hope you are doing well.

Hey are you scarf ladies out there.

Archived