Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Sorry to hear you were back in the hospital my friend, hope you are feeling better. It is such a joy to make something for someone who so deserves some joy. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help...stay healthy dear lady!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear you were back in the hospital my friend, hope you are feeling better. It is such a joy to make something for someone who so deserves some joy. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help...stay healthy dear lady!!

Thanks hon, I've seen that hospital way too much this past year! I am feeling better, just really moving slow and having to sleep a lot. It's having wonderful friends like you that keep me going! :hug

Hi Everyone! Just want to take this moment to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I, for one, am very thankful for each and every one of you. As many of you know, this year has been particularly difficult for me healthwise, but with your help, Compassionate Creations continues on! I truly appreciate your help because I know that the survivors that receive our "creations" treasure them. They really do help survivors to heal. Many blessings to all of you...:hug:hug:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Good Afternoon Ann...................

I know its been some time since I sent a box your way.

I was wondering... if you would take stocking caps(beanies) I'm trying to clean up my scrap yarn lately as much as I possibly can and have plenty to whip out a good selection of caps if you would take them?

:heart

:mug

Good Afternoon Ann...................

I know its been some time since I sent a box your way.

I was wondering... if you would take stocking caps(beanies) I'm trying to clean up my scrap yarn lately as much as I possibly can and have plenty to whip out a good selection of caps if you would take them?

Hi Tam! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've been feeling a bit bleh this week and have been laying low. Trying to get some strength up for Christmas Eve when I see my kids and grandkids! :cheer Anyway, to answer your question, I am going to have to say that at this time if you wanted to make a few that would be great, but scarves are always our priority. (in other words, I don't want to get bombarded with hats from everyone, lol! Hope I said that in a non-hurtful way). Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!:hug

Hi Tam! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've been feeling a bit bleh this week and have been laying low. Trying to get some strength up for Christmas Eve when I see my kids and grandkids! :cheer Anyway, to answer your question, I am going to have to say that at this time if you wanted to make a few that would be great, but scarves are always our priority. (in other words, I don't want to get bombarded with hats from everyone, lol! Hope I said that in a non-hurtful way). Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!:hug

Oh honey................feel better soon! :hug

and I completely understand........... scarves it is! I will see what I can do with my scraps and making you some scarves!!! :hook

you take care and have a fabulous Christmas!!! :hug

Oh honey................feel better soon! :hug

and I completely understand........... scarves it is! I will see what I can do with my scraps and making you some scarves!!! :hook

you take care and have a fabulous Christmas!!! :hug

You're an angel...:hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!  Just checking in with everyone.  How are you all doing?  Hope your surviving this crazy winter!  We're not getting much snow, but it sure is cold! :wbrr   I've had some e-mails questioning if this is still an active charity.  YES!  I am still accepting items.  I know that I haven't been as vocal as I was and I'm sorry for that.  My health has been wearing me down, but I am still making scarves and accepting them.  They are still needed.  As a matter of fact, this time of year activity usually picks up at the crisis center.  February,
the month of love", is the opposite for many.  I appologize for not having updated my website in ages.  I just haven't had the energy, but I will work getting it done.  Baby steps, the scarves come first!  I hope you are all well. 

Many Blessings, Ann

Hi Ann!  It's so good to see you posting more...I hope you're getting stronger every day. :manyheart   I have three scarves all ready to send - I just need to get shipping supplies and hope to send them by the end of the week.  I'll let you know when they're on the way!

Take care of yourself! :hug

Hi Ann!  It's so good to see you posting more...I hope you're getting stronger every day. :manyheart   I have three scarves all ready to send - I just need to get shipping supplies and hope to send them by the end of the week.  I'll let you know when they're on the way!

Take care of yourself! :hug

Thank you so much!  I wish that I could say I was getting stronger every day, but I'm just taking a good day whenever I can get them now, lol.  I'm going to make the best of each and every day! :manyheart

Hello Ann! I was just wondering, do you only wanted scarves from certain patterns or are any welcome? I need to have a massive stashbusting session and would love to make you some scarves. :hug

EDIT: Oh, and is DK weight yarn ok rather than worsted. :)

Hello Ann! I was just wondering, do you only wanted scarves from certain patterns or are any welcome? I need to have a massive stashbusting session and would love to make you some scarves. :hug

Hello there!  Any pattern is welcome, just please no really skinny scarves.  Thank you so much! :hug

They arrived today!  Thank you so much. :hug

You are welcome. :manyheart   I can't believe they got there this fast...just mailed the box on Saturday a.m.!  The lady at the post office said it should be there by Thursday. :lol

Will be putting a box together soon Annie, hope you are well and survived the blizzard.  So much at one time, holy cow!!

Thank you!  Yes, I survived the storm and I am ready for spring! :lol   I hope that you survived well.  My poor son, the youngest one, was out plowing for 32 hrs!  He thought he'd have Sunday at least to rest and spend with his family, but nope, he spent that doing clean up.  He's exhausted.  Did you guys get the stuff today too!  Sheesh!  Enough already! :sun

Thank you!  Yes, I survived the storm and I am ready for spring! :lol   I hope that you survived well.  My poor son, the youngest one, was out plowing for 32 hrs!  He thought he'd have Sunday at least to rest and spend with his family, but nope, he spent that doing clean up.  He's exhausted.  Did you guys get the stuff today too!  Sheesh!  Enough already! :sun

Your poor son, and I hear there is the possibility of more snow Wed., or Thurs.  Yes we got the rains, as if it wasn't bad enough let's add some puddles, and people that forget how to drive in it.  We got quite a bit of the white stuff 27" with drifts that were close to 30" nasty.  Hey this is NE gotta be prepared for snow, I think I would have made a great southern belle, warm and cozy on a verranda somewhere...lol! Stay well!!

Your poor son, and I hear there is the possibility of more snow Wed., or Thurs.  Yes we got the rains, as if it wasn't bad enough let's add some puddles, and people that forget how to drive in it.  We got quite a bit of the white stuff 27" with drifts that were close to 30" nasty.  Hey this is NE gotta be prepared for snow, I think I would have made a great southern belle, warm and cozy on a verranda somewhere...lol! Stay well!!

Yes, they are talking of more snow,bleh.  I guess winter is going to go out like a lion, lol.  I've never cared much for the heat when I've visited FL, but I wouldnt mind some of it right about now. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived