Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ghug to all!

I, too, have been a victim of abuse (all kinds). Am now blissfully married to the most wonderful man in the world and would like to give back. This sounds like a wonderful project! Something soft that you can hold and stroke, or wrap around yourself, is so comforting in times of stress. Let me know how many you want and how to get them to you.

:ghug to all!

I, too, have been a victim of abuse (all kinds). Am now blissfully married to the most wonderful man in the world and would like to give back. This sounds like a wonderful project! Something soft that you can hold and stroke, or wrap around yourself, is so comforting in times of stress. Let me know how many you want and how to get them to you.

:hug Hi Janine and welcome! Happy to hear that you have found a wonderful partner! I, too, have found a wonderful man the second time around!:) As for the scarves, you can send one or as many as you would like! They will all be used. This is a year round project. There is a link in my signature for Compassionate Creations and if you scroll to the bottom my address is there.:hug

Hi folks! Well, I finally got my website updated! I know, it's been way overdo! :( It was a struggle today, but I got it done and I'm sooo happy! I still don't know how to do the slideshows on here anymore, but I'll show you a couple of pics and you can always see more if you click on the link in my siggy and go to the updates page.Thank you soooo much for all your help everyone! :hug

post-16860-135897472028_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897472033_thumb.jpg

post-16860-13589747202_thumb.jpg

post-16860-13589747203_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. lovely scarves! I can see at least three that I'd just snatch up and run away with! :lol

I've got another box just about ready to go. Hopefully they'll be there for Christmas or New Year, because that's the time of year when tensions are at their highest and people's actions/reactions can be so extreme :(

Oh. lovely scarves! I can see at least three that I'd just snatch up and run away with! :lol

I've got another box just about ready to go. Hopefully they'll be there for Christmas or New Year, because that's the time of year when tensions are at their highest and people's actions/reactions can be so extreme :(

Thank you Olivia!:hug Yes, we are coming into that time of the year :(

Hi folks! Well, I finally got my website updated! I know, it's been way overdo! :( It was a struggle today, but I got it done and I'm sooo happy! I still don't know how to do the slideshows on here anymore, but I'll show you a couple of pics and you can always see more if you click on the link in my siggy and go to the updates page.Thank you soooo much for all your help everyone! :hug

[ATTACH]11650[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11651[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11652[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11653[/ATTACH]

A bunch of lovely scarves.

Now next time Ann f you have problems updating your website I can help. I do know my way around the html & php. :hug

:manyheart I love the pics you posted in this thread and in your link. I have been making a few NICU blankets as another charity that I truly believe in, and also working on items for family and business, but I did make 2 scarves for your ladies.

I wanted to send out a big box to you, knowing as I do that for many women (MissCrochet you are so right!) this is an especially difficult time of year, yet also one where they are more likely to seek help. I will send the 2 and when time permits begin some more to send in the new year, because as we all know, the need for comfort :cryknows no season.

Also, Annie, I wanted to let you know (I could have sent a PM, but I want this public) that I think you are :bheart:nworthy WONDERFUL! Making these little scarves reminded me of the help that I received from a local group when I was in need, and I am inspired to contact them and try to start something here, (perhaps at the safe house) to provide some comfort to the women and children who are brave enough, and scared enough, to seek help. So,:ty for being an inspiration.

A bunch of lovely scarves.

Now next time Ann f you have problems updating your website I can help. I do know my way around the html & php. :hug

Thank you Jessica, I just might take you up on that offer! :lol

:manyheart I love the pics you posted in this thread and in your link. I have been making a few NICU blankets as another charity that I truly believe in, and also working on items for family and business, but I did make 2 scarves for your ladies.

I wanted to send out a big box to you, knowing as I do that for many women (MissCrochet you are so right!) this is an especially difficult time of year, yet also one where they are more likely to seek help. I will send the 2 and when time permits begin some more to send in the new year, because as we all know, the need for comfort :cryknows no season.

Also, Annie, I wanted to let you know (I could have sent a PM, but I want this public) that I think you are :bheart:nworthy WONDERFUL! Making these little scarves reminded me of the help that I received from a local group when I was in need, and I am inspired to contact them and try to start something here, (perhaps at the safe house) to provide some comfort to the women and children who are brave enough, and scared enough, to seek help. So,:ty for being an inspiration.

Janine, I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. Your words have touched me so much. Thank you. I'm happy that I could inspire someone in this. :hug

Hi Ann - I have one done and there's is always one on my hook. I've been so busy with work I haven't really had time to do much crocheting but that should be changing soon. The new pictures are great. I agree with JanineW, you do a beautiful thing.

What a great job on the website Ann, I am so proud to be a small part of such a wonderful program...thank you!!

Hi Ann - I have one done and there's is always one on my hook. I've been so busy with work I haven't really had time to do much crocheting but that should be changing soon. The new pictures are great. I agree with JanineW, you do a beautiful thing.

Thank you ladies. I feel honored to have the help from each of you. You all have a special place in my heart and I consider you all friends.:hug

Im apparently a day late here lol But are you still gathering scarves for this crisis center? I am from Central MA originally so this caught my eye. Let me know and I can probably help and do even more after the 1st of the year.

Hugs

Kath

Hi! Welcome! I collect scarves year round, so anytime your ready just send them in. You can get my address on the first post and also through the link in my signature. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! :hug

Hello all!

Just sent a box with ten scarves, including a rather crazy-looking spiral scarf in mohair wool (watch out for it, Ann!) I'd seen pictures of these spiral scarves on the internet and thought they looked cool, but they're a curse to crochet: every row has double the amount of stitches as the one before, so the last row takes forever....

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to send them off but I had the flu :eek and I didn't want to go near anything like this while I had it, just in case. My husband told me that I couldn't pass anything on unless I actually sneezed into the box of scarves (rest assured, I didn't) but I'd sooner be safe than sorry. Anyway, now fully recovered and three thousand hand disinfections later, the box is on its way, disease-free, to the USA. :lol

Hello all!

Just sent a box with ten scarves, including a rather crazy-looking spiral scarf in mohair wool (watch out for it, Ann!) I'd seen pictures of these spiral scarves on the internet and thought they looked cool, but they're a curse to crochet: every row has double the amount of stitches as the one before, so the last row takes forever....

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to send them off but I had the flu :eek and I didn't want to go near anything like this while I had it, just in case. My husband told me that I couldn't pass anything on unless I actually sneezed into the box of scarves (rest assured, I didn't) but I'd sooner be safe than sorry. Anyway, now fully recovered and three thousand hand disinfections later, the box is on its way, disease-free, to the USA. :lol

Thank you Olivia. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! :hug

Ann,

I'd love to make a scarf or two for you. I won't be able to get to them until after the holidays, though. What a wonderful, compassionate idea!

I'd seen pictures of these spiral scarves on the internet and thought they looked cool, but they're a curse to crochet: every row has double the amount of stitches as the one before, so the last row takes forever....

I am finishing one of these right now, and you are right! That last row does take forever!

Ann,

I'd love to make a scarf or two for you. I won't be able to get to them until after the holidays, though. What a wonderful, compassionate idea!

Thank you! Anytime you can is great! I'll be here, lol! :hug

Ann, I sent off two scarves to you this morning. You should have them by next week. Forgot to enclose a card, but my return address is on the envelope.

Thank you, Janine. I'll keep my eyes open for them! :hug

Ann, I sent off two scarves to you this morning. You should have them by next week. Forgot to enclose a card, but my return address is on the envelope.

Janine, your beautiful scarves arrived today! Thank you so much. They're lovely! :hug

Archived