Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, not going to share until I try it out and if I like it then I will share:D

LOL! I know how you feel! I started a new pattern yesterday, but haven't gotten very far on it. It's very easy, but I just haven't felt well enough to do much on it. I'll share when I'm done! :D

Hi there, FYI - i finished my scarf and will be sending it out to you within the next couple of days. please let me know when you get it, thanks!!

Thank you! I'll let you know when it's here! :hug

Hi and thankyou for answering my email..

I will be sending some scarves I made, and I think I am going to make some of the wristbands also. Should be going out the end of this week.

It is an honor to be able to contribute to such a worthy cause

and yes I am a "wounded heart" that knows the need for love and support..

Well, I did finish a scarf trying out a new pattern. I was looking through my patterns and when I saw the ones for "mile a minute" afghans I thought, "they are made in strips why not make one strip as a scarf" and that's what I did. Came out pretty good I think, so now I'm looking at all the mile a minutes and seeing which one to do next.

Jessica, hope you are feeling better.

Ann, how are you feeling?

Hi and thankyou for answering my email..

I will be sending some scarves I made, and I think I am going to make some of the wristbands also. Should be going out the end of this week.

It is an honor to be able to contribute to such a worthy cause

and yes I am a "wounded heart" that knows the need for love and support..

It was my pleasure to answer your questions. Thank you in advance for the scarves and wristbands. Hugs from a sister survivor :hug

Hi all! I ended up having a lymphnode infection & then I hurt my back moving things back in after getting new carpet. I did get 3 scarves done this 2 weeks though. I finished that knitted scarf I was talking about earlier as well.

Oh, Jessica! Sending healing thoughts your way...:hug. You're doing better than I am with the scarves though,lol! I've been working on a scarf for a week now and just can't seem to get it done :(. Maybe it's time to put it aside and work on something else. Of course, it would help if I stayed awake, lol!

Well, I did finish a scarf trying out a new pattern. I was looking through my patterns and when I saw the ones for "mile a minute" afghans I thought, "they are made in strips why not make one strip as a scarf" and that's what I did. Came out pretty good I think, so now I'm looking at all the mile a minutes and seeing which one to do next.

Jessica, hope you are feeling better.

Ann, how are you feeling?

Sounds great, Pat! I've thought of that before, but never given it a go,lol! Glad it worked out for you! I'll have to check out my MAM patterns too.

I'm getting better, little by little. The pneumonia is slowly going away, but the seizure activity has picked up and I woke up with a migraine today, lol! :thair . Enough already!!! Aren't you sorry you asked! :lol

Take care everyone and have a wonderful spring day!!!! :hug:hug:hug

• 3 weeks later...
Just seeing how everyone is! Hope you all had a good Easter!!

Hi Jessica! Hope you're doing well! We had a quiet Easter here, but will be celebrating it with my children and grandkids this Sunday! I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't seen them in over a month.

Hope the three pink scarves I sent made it okay. :hook

Oh, Tam! I'm sooo sorry that I haven't contacted you yet! :eek Yes, your beautiful scarves are here! Thank you so very much! :hug

:heart

:mug

Pkg going out in the morning. :hug

Thank you so much! I just sent you a PM! :hug

If anyone else has sent scarves and I haven't thanked you, please let me know! It isn't intentional, I'm so sorry! This fever I still have has really been messing with me and I'm just not myself yet from the surgery. I just realized that I still haven't shared pics with you from the beginning of the month when I delivered the scarves to the crisis center! :eek OMG! What is wrong with me?! I'll get them downloaded and post them soon I promise! Hugs to all! :hug:hug:hug

It was my pleasure to answer your questions. Thank you in advance for the scarves and wristbands. Hugs from a sister survivor :hug

Oh my goodness :eek:blush, I forgot to put the wristbands in the pkg!! Will have to put them in another package and get them off to you. I had 4 charity pkgs, and one gift going out, plus a swap and 2 cals going on, with no car for 1 1/2 months and kept loosing all my notes and addresses.

So very sorry, will dig them out and get them shipped!!!

Ann

I have a some scarves that are just taking up space in my small apartment. Should I just use the mailing address on your web site?

Joyce

Hi Joyce, I know Ann would love to receive the scarfs and the address on her website is the correct address. Thanks for joining us in helping Ann with this project.

Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't been around very much. I'm trying to do better. I'm just so sluggish, it's rediculous! I really wish that this fever would go away. I know that I would feel better! At least I'd have more energy. Poor excuse, I know!

I still have to post the pics, I haven't forgotten!

Let's see....yes, Pat! I did receive your wonderful scarves! Thank you!

Joyce, that's the correct address. Thank you!

Jessica, thank you, hun! Send them anytime you can! I'll be here, lol!

Carol, thank you!

Take care everyone!!!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ann hun! I hope you are feeling better! I sent you a big box of scarves yesterday or today.. I forget. Anyhow it went parcel post so it may take a bit.

:hug Thank you Jessica! I'll let you know when it arrives! I am starting to feel some better too. Good thing, because DH has hurt his hand somehow and is in a lot of pain. The doctor thinks he has an infection in it :eek! He can't use it hardly at all, so I have to pick up the slack. Oh, we're a great couple :lol. When it rains, it pours! :lol

I don't keep up with the thread as much as I'd like, so I am going to go ahead and ask.. do you want that one specific wrist band pattern for the wrist bands or can we use any pattern? Either way is fine. I am going to work on getting some lapsquares done. I have some 12" squares that I can use. So when I get them together I will let you know! :manyheart

I don't keep up with the thread as much as I'd like, so I am going to go ahead and ask.. do you want that one specific wrist band pattern for the wrist bands or can we use any pattern? Either way is fine. I am going to work on getting some lapsquares done. I have some 12" squares that I can use. So when I get them together I will let you know! :manyheart

Hi there! Good to hear from you!!! About the wrist bands...feel free to use any pattern you want. I just listed that one because I find it very easy to do. I'd like to keep them about the same size though. The survivors love them! It will be great to have some lapsquares too! :hug

Hi there! Good to hear from you!!! About the wrist bands...feel free to use any pattern you want. I just listed that one because I find it very easy to do. I'd like to keep them about the same size though. The survivors love them! It will be great to have some lapsquares too! :hug

It's good to hear from you too! I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks for the info. :hug

Archived