2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Sigh. After getting rid of a bunch of yarn last week, I went a bought a skein of Jelly yarn and three skeins of what amounts to a clone of Cascade Fixation called Esprit.

So, this week, it's-8 points for a total of -12 points YTD.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overachiever, huh? Cute! :blush

Sorry I didn't come back to post, I tried, but this puter is really giving me a hard time... looks like the yarn play money has to stack up to replace this thing :sigh

Didn't add anything or take away from my score anyway. Did however finally decide on a pattern with some of that Bernat score from Michael's and started a new blankie last night. Looks like this weeks points will have to be earned the good ol' fashioned way :lol

I haven't used any yarn this week, with everyone sick and sock madness starting, I haven't done much busting of the stash. 0 for the week

Hi, hope things are improving for you. One request, you have me on list twice :think, I did finish with a WTD of +27

Those are adorable Penny!

I busted 2 balls today on squares. +2 starting out the week. I've been wanting to go see what the thrift store has but need to stay away for the money and don't need yarn :lol

I couldn't resist a wool/silk blend this past week and went directly into the hole for -8 pts. But I did finish up a scarf, using most of a skein, so +1. Net to start off the week: -7.

...But can I just say that buying the Zephyr was worth it? It feels sooooo wonderful. :D

I have been so awful about posting my scores in this game, mainly due to the fact that I havent been home on a weekend in ages! As far as projects go, I havent really been busting that much stash, just odds and ends here and there. However, I have been destashing by selling yarn and I did start the week off right! I put 10 skeins in the mail this morning to various buyers from etsy! WOOHOO! :woohoo That is a great way to start the week! Go busters go!

Penny, those are just too cute :manyheart

Carol, I'm so happy that your flowers are such a big hit :clap

All of this down time for me has left me with plenty of crochet time. I have used up 4 more skeins on my latest afghan. It is great to start the week in the positive :yes

+8

Hooray for starting the week in the positives!! I get to start the week with a +2 so far (but should be finishing another ball tonight!). Used up a skein on a lighthouse lapghan for my inlaws for Christmas! :clap Should be finished the lighthouse part tonight after the kiddos get to bed........

I know I didn't post Saturday, due to a very busy weekend, but my points remain the same - I didn't buy any yarn or use any up.

Thought I was going to be doing really good this week with staying away from new yarn. NOT!! Was down to the last 75 or so stitches on a baby afghan and ran out of yarn. If that didn't stink! Had to buy a skein for just that little bit. Decided to go ahead and try making booties, a hat and a little baby sweater since I had pretty much a full skein left over. The challenge for my charity group this month is a baby layette. I was going to just make the afghan since I am not very good with wearables. Well, first baby bootie is done. As hubby said after looking at it "There are some big babies being born too!". Yes, it is a little big. Oh well....

Archived