2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how much stash busting I'm going to do as I'm starting a big project and have pounders to use up but I will still be using up odds and ends working on purses for my "Special Angels" craft sale..

I know it's practically sacrilege to give away yarn but yesterday I gave away 29 skeins of yarn that I knew I would never, ever use. The skeins went to a good cause, though. The woman I gave them to is a member of a group that makes afghans for Warm Up America.

I finally made some progress YAY :cheer:cheer:cheer Finished 2 skeins on my afghan last nite and got half way thru another 2 -- whew. Im also making a granny blanket for my puppy with the balls from my stash although I haven't used one up --- and its far from the prettiest thing Ive ever made...good things dogs are colorblind -- is that true? My challenge for the day is to stay away from the yarn isle at Walmart - and AC moore has 25% off yarn,, and a huge sale saturday !!!! OMGosh !!! whats a girl to do???!!!:knit

I used up two more balls last night, I have to start using them before DH throws them out. We organized my craft storage because we are getting Direct TV today and he noticed how much I actually have. He doesn't even know about how much I have stored at my daughter's

WTD 7

A question for those of you who do WONDER BALLS...

Do you weave the ends in after you make the afghan/rug or do you leave them sticking out? If you weave them, to you TIE the strands on your wonderball, then weave them in when done, or do you just leave them untied and use the next piece that's loose?

If you do leave your ends out, how much end do you leave when you tie it?

I used most of a skein on the baby girl sleeper set. I was planning to use another skein on some baby pants, but I started to break out in welps because of that darn Red Heart Super Saver. I love the yarn, but it is driving me crazy. Maybe I should try washing it before I use it. Anyway, I will have to take a break from yarn for a while so that I don't get worse. Last time I was miserable for several days. I will have to do some knitting for my brother's birthday, but that will be cotton, and I will be buying it this week, so I guess the points will just come out even (actually they'll be down :( ) That's the problem with doing projects in front of people - the ones who didn't want a hat, a scarf, or anything else crocheted/knit for Christmas when you didn't know what to get them suddenly decide, days before their birthday, that they want you to make something for them, out of yarn you have to buy on top of that. I'll have to see if I make it in and out of Hobby Lobby with only what I go for...

I used up two more balls last night, I have to start using them before DH throws them out. We organized my craft storage because we are getting Direct TV today and he noticed how much I actually have. He doesn't even know about how much I have stored at my daughter's

WTD 7

Oh, dear, this cracked me up! Something to look forward to for when my girls are grown up and on their own LOL!

Gosh, I wonder if Mom would let me store stash at her house...No wait I won't need that I am stash busting!!!

So after being to sick to crochet for 3 days...last night I got busy. I finished the crochet work on my sister's purse. I got to wind one more ball out of that so +1...I also got made 2 hats, using another skein so +2 for that...but I finally added to my "wonder ball" this year. I am going to count this as -1 since it is still not big enough to be considered a skein.

That means I am back to 0 for the year!!! :yay With 2 more nights of Comanche Moon I should be able to get it back into the positive.

A question for those of you who do WONDER BALLS...

Do you weave the ends in after you make the afghan/rug or do you leave them sticking out? If you weave them, to you TIE the strands on your wonderball, then weave them in when done, or do you just leave them untied and use the next piece that's loose?

If you do leave your ends out, how much end do you leave when you tie it?

Krystal I've been doing the Russian join on my ball so I don't have the ends to deal with. I then just trim the little odd tips sticking out.

I just used up my odd ball on a RR and will now just join the yarn scraps right to it so +1 for the week so far. :)

I just went through piles of Red Heart and Simply Soft that I'm donating to my friend's church prayer shawl ministry. I had over 50 (some whole, some partials) skeins to donate. I rarely use it anymore anyway. Most of it is leftover from previous projects and quite a bit that's been given to me. So I'm in the red for now!! :D

I used 1/2 of a couple of ball of Peaches & Cream for washcloths, but since they only count 1pt anyway I can't include them. I finished a ball of Patons SWS on the scarf I'm still working on and am almost through 1/2 of another ball. I have a full ball still to use on it but don't think I'll need the entire thing. So even though I'm still working on stuff, I don't seem to be making much of a dent in my stash! UGH!

I'm holding steady for now - I used up two skeins on two different projects (husband's sweater and a baby blanket) but couldn't pass up two skeins of a very pretty varigated Super Soft for another baby blanket.

I am going to try this and see if it works for me. What if you use a double skein like a 8 oz. solid or a 5 oz. multi color does that count as one skien. I use a lot of crochet cotton also. How do we count it?

All skeins, no matter what size are 2 points. If they are 3 oz or 16 they all count as 2 points when bought or used. And by crochet cotton I'm thinking you mean thread? That counts the same as yarn. Check the first post for how scores work.

Rec'd my pkg of yarn today. :woo I could have sworn I only ordered 9 skeins. WRONG!! 13 SKEINS!! :oops Now I know for sure I will be in the negative this week no matter how many little balls I use up on my yo yos.:crocheting Oh well, there is always next week.

I went from first to the middle. Oh well, at least I didn't go into the negative!

I think we all will be bobbing up and down for a long time, at least you made 1st last week. I don't picture myself ever being there, :lol:lol

Krystal I've been doing the Russian join on my ball so I don't have the ends to deal with. I then just trim the little odd tips sticking out.

I just used up my odd ball on a RR and will now just join the yarn scraps right to it so +1 for the week so far. :)

Russian Join ????

That is SO cool! I am totally going to try that with some of the yarn that I have just to see how well it works. Does it work well with all kinds of yarn? Will have to remember that join for projects where I definitely don't want the ends to slip.

Now I understand why the wonderball works so well for you!

Sara

Thanks for linking that for me Megan! :hug

I used up a full skein and half of another one on a scarf :yay hope to use up another 1 1/2 skeins before the night is through :lol It goes quick with the chenille thick and quick skeins :lol

+3 for me today.

Archived