2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am reporting for the end of the wee really early since I won't have access to a computer easily until late Saturday night. I managed to bust two balls last evening so that gives me a total of +1 for the week (whew! just made it positive!)

WTD: +1 (-90 YTD)

Used up 2 balls on squares for an afghan (+2) :yay. I might have to buy more yarn though :sigh. I might not be able to get in again before Sat, so I'll post now. If I do get in, I'll add any new points I get.

WTD Score: - 3

Ellie 13

since Saturday I used 5 skeins on a lapghan, 3 skeins and 4 balls on rectangles, gave 3 skeins away to my DGD to make squares and rectangles, gave 1 skein to my daughter to make squares.

+28 WTD

off to make squares for the FA awareness challenge again.

My trip to Jo-Ann last weekend was a bust. I am thinking that RHSS Country Blue is a discontinued color, 'cause they didn't have it and neither did Walmart (practically next door). Michael's is a bit too far afield, so I didn't check there. The Caron Pounder sale was one of their 3-day promotions, which I missed. In the end, I came away with just one in black, using my 40% off coupon (-2). And, thus, I resigned myself to using the strong contrasting strip of the darker berry/Windsor blue squares in the lapghan. I have got it put together, and it doesn't look too bad, certainly a manly ghan. I will border it for my October Charity Square A Long project (a big square!). Then I wound up the leftover red, country blue, and black yarn (+3), found I was on a roll :lol, and wound two more balls of orange from the stash for an additional +2.

So a little arithmetic: +5-2 =

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +3

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +3

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

October Charity Square A Long! Oct 24-27

I finished 2 skeins doing a hat and scarf combo for boys. So, that's +4 for me.

It's kinda unfair that my mom gets $10 worth of stamping stuff to sell at this craft show in 1/10th of the time I take to do a scarf. But then, I love crocheting, so it's all good in the end.

Started another bunting. Used up a whole skein of Vanna's Choice Baby in Little Boy Blue. It's a great color. Not pale like baby blue. It's a nice, bright color for a little boy baby.

+2 more for the week.

:manyheart

Last night I finished my second 3SUB, the one I started on the 22nd. That means I did it in three days! :eek It is a child's size, 3 1/2 ft x 4 1/2 ft. I told you they work up fast.:lol

I still may get some points in later today, I've got a 3 strand granny square I started last week that I want to finish this weekend.

I might as well go ahead and put my score up. I might still finish a ball yet today but it's going to start getting busy soon around here and I don't know if I'll get to crochet much more. :lol

WTD -35

edited to add 1 point for using up a ball. :heehee

It took about two hours to cast my early vote today so I am way off on getting my housework done. So I will post early. Have to play catchup for all the time I wasted in line.

wtd=+12

I think next week will be even better.

I still hate housework!

:manyheart

Don't think I'm going to get anything else finished before the end of the night, so my Weekly Score was +7!! Yeah for me!

Good Job everything this week!

+57 Tia - Gold Medal

+29 angelfire - Silver Medal

+15 dragonpuck - Bronze Medal

+12 CLLinda

+7 rlanto

+3 Marzee

+2 Dreams Of Yarn

+2 basjordan

+1 econ-nerd

-3 Ellie13

-12 Mollyanna

-35 hseger

-72 walker1021 - Shoot the Moon, but hey, it was her birthday!!!

Good job everyone! :cheer:yay:clap

Archived