2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It started raining Fri. morning and didn't stop until Mon. afternoon. I did a lot of :crocheting on Sun. I made 2 more spiders, a ghost and a dozen or so pumpkin pins. Used up 4 balls :cheer (+4). I went to Michaels on Sat. to get the pin backs I needed, I got the wrong size :oops, I didn't get any yarn though :clap. I need to get some 1 or 1 1/4 (+/-) inch plastic rings, but nobody seem to have them (or even know what I'm talking about). Any ideas? :think.

WTD Score: + 4

Ellie 13

I've been working on my baby afghan this week and have started the trim. I'm using a lot of triple stitches, so it should be using a lot of yarn.

I sure hope to post in the positives again this week. Staying out of the stores really helps.

:manyheart

Thanks hseger!

I was a baaaaad girl yesterday. :sigh I went to A.C. Moore and bought 9 skeins of bulky yarn. We needed a rug in the bathroom, the old one disintegrated a couple months ago and that tile floor is mighty cold now that it's fall. :wbrr

So that's a -18 :eek.

Fell off the wagon :lol

Walmart was clearancing out Red Heart Super Saver at $1.50

Also got some wool at LYS that I have drooling over

So with that said I purchased 17 skeins this past week

however, I busted through 2 skeins so far so I am currently at -30 for the week

I just wish there was a way I could do some crocheting while on conference calls....:devil

I was a good girl yesterday and so proud of myself. I had to go into WalMart for a couple things and I knew about the yarn clearance going on. It was so, so tempting, but these feet never got near the yarn section. Went straight for what I needed and headed to the check out. Of course it helped that what was needed was clear on the other side of the store.

All the way there, my the bad half brain kept telling me that the Simply Soft would be perfect for scarves and shawls for my charity group. Then the good side pop up and say "And how much SS do you have already???" The good side won out. :clap:clap

I finished up another skein on the baby afghan. So it's +4 for the week. And I get to babysit for a friend tonight, so that means lots more crocheting time.

And it's positive numbers.

:cheer

...but it looks like the rainy season has begun :2rain, so the calls from the garden are being drowned out :wink

I did accomplish a bit: an 8" dc square for Cyndi (thepunkrockinchick) as a replacement for one that got lost in the mail; my 7th 12" square for a lapghan for Sissie (though it's looking more and more like she won't need it by the time I finish it); and yesterday, during the weekly lunchtime knitting circle (the "Neurotrans-KNITTERS")," where I'm the token crocheter, I finished the second daisy square for Krystal (third time will be a charm, right?). Still falling short of the 8" that she prefers at 7&1/2", but I really don't want to go to a K hook.

Alas, none of that finished off any stash, so this week it's...

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -1

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -1

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

Oops. I went to wal-mart this morning. They are making major changes in what they carry and closing out a lot of yarn. I bought 5 skeins of the clearance yarn and 2 of the colors to make scarves for the special olympics. So I added -14 to my score, and with the 1 skein I've used this week that puts me in the negatives for now with a wtd total of -12. I am close to another skein at home, so maybe I can catch up some tomorrow.

Looks like I wasn't the only one buying yarn this week. Glad I didn't know about the clearance yarn at wally world. :lol

I started a 3SUB today and am seriously busting some yarn! :hook But....don't think I'll get in the positives by tomorrow. Oh well....

AND I'm going to my mil tomorrow, and she's got yet MORE yarn for me, Yikes :eek . Oh, who am I kidding....I love it!

:mdust

I too went to the clearance at wal-mart. :sigh I'm able to pass up all the other yarn on clearance but today they had a few skeins of RHSS on clearance and I use that for my charity lapghans so had to buy them. :sigh

Only got 7 skeins though so -14.

Now if I can just keep my score over the -300 mark I'll be happy :lol

Working on this scrap ghan, I thought I would be busting thru more than I am. Oh well:sigh, atleast I am still in the positives for the week. +3. Just wish I could get myself out from the -200's. Maybe soon.

My dh and I had a huge fight over yarn taking over the house. SO I had to get rid of a bunch of balls. Bagged them up and took them to the nursing home for the ladies to use up.

wtd=+128

It was so hard to part with some of this yarn, but I had to.

Still working on cleaning up. I'm sad about having to get rid of so much yarn.

I finally finished the halter top. I ended up frogging it halfway when I discovered it wasn't flattering as it was designed. So I'm finally claiming the three skeins for that... and I have one sock of a pair finished and that ate another skein.

And now I'm poor as the dickens so unless I'm gifted yarn, I'm using up what scraps I have. I might end up taking apart the baby blanket I have 1/4 made and trying a different pattern.

so...WTD = +8

Fell of the wagon this week, but it was a small wagon :lol

Went to Michael's last night and bought 6 skeins @ .99 each. Couldn't pass that up.

That puts me at

WTD:-10

YTD: +171

Keeping my YTD in the positive, and with only 3 months till the end of the year, I believe I will end in the positive. At least I hope so :lol

Archived