Women's Day Crochet Magazine

MsSuzKelly

I buy the crochet today every month and it doesn't have that many crochet squares in it. I am crocheting a shrug right now from the dec/jan 07 issue and out of 24 patterns there is only 5 granny square patterns.

I also have oct/nov 06 sitting here and it has 3 granny square patterns. I can't find the current one. But i can tell you if it was mostly squares i wouldnt' be buying it. i hate to put squares together.

I did buy a granny square book to give to a friend and i want to warn everyone don't buy it. The name of it is 200 crochet blooks. There reallly is not 200 different blocks in it. Some of the blocks are shown in different colors and they count each different color as a block in the 200. I think it is a real rip off. I wanted 200 different blocks for her.

I am making a jacket for her that takes 24, 51/2 blocks, we wanted something different from the regular granny square,so i bought this book. We wanted a solid square. Oh well that is enough out of me.

Maybe you could go back and ask the first place you heard about the book what the name is.

Just to make sure I'm looking for/buy the right mag: What's the exact title? What's the date on it?

Thanks.

It is the Jan/Feb 08 Crochet Today, with "Woman's Day Special Interest Publication" printed along the very top of the cover.

It is the Jan/Feb 08 Crochet Today, with "Woman's Day Special Interest Publication" printed along the very top of the cover.

Thanks for the clarification SaxDragon! I already have this - my WalMart got it in last week!

It does contain a number of granny-square patterns. But that's OK with me. It also contains a number of patterns for babies and the cutest little girl's cardigan (it's called the "Party Cardi"). And some very cute and colorful scarf and mitten pattens.

Everyone's tastes are different, of course, but I like this issue! :crocheting:yes

I did buy a granny square book to give to a friend and i want to warn everyone don't buy it. The name of it is 200 crochet blooks. There reallly is not 200 different blocks in it. Some of the blocks are shown in different colors and they count each different color as a block in the 200. I think it is a real rip off. I wanted 200 different blocks for her.

I did notice that about the different colored blocks. I do have the book and I still like it.

It's not much different than the 20 patterns out there for the same blanket like a ripple, that's all the same just different colors. lol

As for the magazine, I don't know. I haven't been to the store to look in a week or so.

I got my Crochet Today several weeks ago.

I bought Crochet Today at the grocery store--mine does not say Women's Day Special Interest Publication on it though.

I like the Snowflake Scarf.

The one that I bought at WalMart does. Interesting that some copies of the January/February 2008 issue do have that line of text and some don't. But, as long as the covers are otherwise the same as the cover shown at the Crochet Today! site and the contents are the same, "it's all good" (as the young ones sometimes say).

The one that I bought at WalMart does. Interesting that some copies of the January/February 2008 issue do have that line of text and some don't. But, as long as the covers are otherwise the same as the cover shown at the Crochet Today! site and the contents are the same, "it's all good" (as the young ones sometimes say).

So IS this the one everyone is talking about?

That's what I hoped. I picked up the CT at Barnes & Noble and then saw CT at Walmart with the top Womans Day on it. I looked at the pictures on the back and it looked like the same and the table of contents looks the same (wasn't positive). Glad it's the same.

Debbi

Interesting that some copies of the January/February 2008 issue do have that line of text and some don't.

When I was at Wal-Mart last week I saw the ones with it on top. Mine doesn't. Looking at some other magazines, I noticed a lot of other magazines had either the Woman's Day thing or Better Homes and Gardens.

My thoughts are the ones with WD on top is that it's a second printing. For whatever reason (new buy outs or COs maybe) companies will go through a period of advertising everything that is theirs. SC Johnson did it for a while, might still be doing it. Here in GA there is a paper company that did it for awhile. Paper as in paper towels, paper plates, etc.

When I was at Wal-Mart last week I saw the ones with it on top. Mine doesn't. Looking at some other magazines, I noticed a lot of other magazines had either the Woman's Day thing or Better Homes and Gardens.

My thoughts are the ones with WD on top is that it's a second printing. For whatever reason (new buy outs or COs maybe) companies will go through a period of advertising everything that is theirs. SC Johnson did it for a while, might still be doing it. Here in GA there is a paper company that did it for awhile. Paper as in paper towels, paper plates, etc.

I finally did see the special edition Woman's Day issue at my grocery store. I think what is happening is that they are sponsoring it this time so it can go into grocery stores for the accounts that carry Woman's Day. You don't usually see Crochet Today in the grocery store or at Walmart. I'm glad they did it this way, because more people will be able to get it!

I finally did see the special edition Woman's Day issue at my grocery store. I think what is happening is that they are sponsoring it this time so it can go into grocery stores for the accounts that carry Woman's Day. You don't usually see Crochet Today in the grocery store or at Walmart. I'm glad they did it this way, because more people will be able to get it!

I saw it at mine before, that's where I usually picked it up, but they didnt have it yet and I was at the book store getting the 2008 CAD and a few other things (figured I might as well get them all at once).

But for other stores and other walmarts that don't normally carry it, this will be good to get more people to see it.

Archived