This is different

http://www.morehousefarm.com/KnittingKits/Scarves/Alligator/

I wonder if this could be done in crochet. I'd love to make these for some of my adult children.

I don't see why not! You could use a puff stitch or bobbles for the bumps on the crocodile's back. I think it would be adorable!

Elle

I started this today but got distracted by something completely different than crochet. It really is easy to work up.

I am using bobbles for the Nostrals (5dc cl) and Eyes (7 Tr cl) and then Tr Popcorns for the back.

I frequent knitting sites as well as crochet. One "secret" some knitters use is to knit the rest of the item but have a hook handy to crochet the bobbles! I've never made a knitted bobble but plan to have a hook by my side should I choose a pattern with them. I must say, however, that this 'gator scarf will be extremely heavy in crochet.

This is my first draft of this and a lot of it looks good but not all of it... :sigh

alig1.jpg

I am hoping that putting the eyes in place will help too. This looks better in person than it does in the pic though.

This is my first draft of this and a lot of it looks good but not all of it... :sigh

alig1.jpg

I am hoping that putting the eyes in place will help too. This looks better in person than it does in the pic though.

That is stunning :cheerwell done are u keeping track of what you are doing so maybe we could copy :blush.

I think you have a beauty there.

Kind regards

Sharon:hug

That is stunning :cheerwell done are u keeping track of what you are doing so maybe we could copy :blush.

I think you have a beauty there.

Kind regards

Sharon:hug

Sorry, I can't share it as it is a derivative work of a pattern for sale.

This is an incredibly cute idea. I am going to have to try to make one of these in my spare time between Christmas presents. Hmm......2 hour choir practice for the kids Wednesday night.

I'm truly inspired - and I'm thinking about what other animals might work for something like this. I'm tired of making the same-old scarfs!

darski, thanks loads my husband has a friend who is a die hard gator fan and i am going to make him one of these in gator colors after Christmas. Please post a picture your finished product so we can see what it looks like.

The nostrils were done with a 5 dc cluster stitch and the Eyes were a 7 Tr cluster st and both are worked over an hdc base stitch.

for tutorial vids go here:

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=47

That has videos for both the dc and the Tr cluster stitches.

Much better than my explanations :wlol

I started with a chain ten and did increases right away. I had 15 hdc as well as the nostrils for that row. I had 19 hdc in addition to the Eyes on that row.

Archived