Annual Crochet Calendar

MyGirlFriday

Was at Sam's on Sunday and picked up my copy of the annual pattern a day calender......:clap :clap

havn't opened it up yet~saving it for Wednesday. (having surgery on Tuesday and will need something interesting for Wednesday:hook )

Anyone else picked thiers up yet???:scrachin

mgf~:yay

:rofl Too funny.

It never ends. This is like the plague. Just when I think I have my obsession under control I see a post like this. :tired The beginning of endless patterns so I can get more yarn. One every single day and it's in my house and already printed. It's just too perfect :c9 to imagine.

I saw the post and had to read about it and here it is only the beginning of October!!! :dance Thanks for the post.

Guess what is now at the top of my Christmas list? :devil:gift

I am also interested in knowing what others think of this years calendar. I have been disappointed in the first couple that were published. I've seen it but not sure if I want to get it or not. Last year I think I got it for around $4 after the holidays, which if I do decide, that is all I would pay.

LI Roe

$8.74 at Sams~

looking forward to checking it out!!!

I may have to call my friend and tell her to grab her sams club card and we're going to sams. :yes

This years might be worth more then last year (saw the TOC and it looked like it).

Debbi

Can't wait to get mine. I whoops posted on TOC...I'm not in that one, I'm in this one...supposedly that means I get a copy, right? anyone from last year know how long that should take? (not meaning to hijack here. sorry). otherwise, I may have to start looking around. (no sams card for me, don't know who I know who has one, either!) hmmm

Finally had a chance to check out the patterns in this years publication~WOW! Lots of cute ideas in there! Made me want to go get in my stash and get to hooking!

Any of the members on this site have patterns??? I did notice a few names!!

Great work ya'll!!

Finally had a chance to check out the patterns in this years publication~WOW! Lots of cute ideas in there! Made me want to go get in my stash and get to hooking!

Any of the members on this site have patterns??? I did notice a few names!!

Great work ya'll!!

I am, but I think I said that already. (only I'm not "momcrochets" in there) one of mine is the toddler spring/summer cardi...oooh, if I don't get mine soon, I may just have to go shopping!!!! mgf, you are making me impatient! :rofl

• 2 months later...

I purchased the calendar and started looking through it. I've finished January and, overall the patterns are OK; a few patterns are very cute. But, I have a question: "Why do I see patterns that are already available for free (I know because I already have them downloaded) being sold in this calendar?" That is, the Door Catchall (takes 3 days - Jan 18 thru Jan 20!) and the Granny Square Bags (Jan 22). I hope that's not indicative of the patterns for the other months.

I picked it up yesterday at half price (I know in an earlier post I was waiting for the $4 price) but I had gotten an all-purpose gift card for Christmas so I figured I'd use that. Some of the patterns are cute, and some are basic that I have seen in other places and also free.

I did see a few that I would try and some I will change to suit my taste.

LI Roe

I just received mine from Overstock.com. It was $13 and no shipping.

I debated on whether or not to get one because I was disappointed last year, but this year, the patterns are much better.

There's about 10 things I want to make right away. I think last year, I made a hat and that was about it.

:manyheart

ooh you said this year's is better? yay!

I have mine as well as the knitting one, but I haven't even opened them yet. I was disappointed with last year's too. Lots of doll patterns, etc. And some of them taking up days and days for patterns that could have easily been on one or two days.

The first calendar published was of mild interest to me because it had a pattern of mine in it. But, all in all, I think they're all a waste of money. I've bought all three now, but will not succumb again. Some of the patterns are just okay, but available free on the Web. Others are amateurish looking. Worst of all is the cheap format: The pages are not bound, but loose in a box and printed on flimsy paper -- also almost impossible to get back together and fit back into the box. A waste of valuable bookshelf space.

Archived