Show me your label...

Do you add a label to your crocheted work?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you add a label to your crocheted work?

• Nope - my work is label free
    • Always
    • Rarely
    • Usually
    • I do on items I sell, but not on gifts

I'm not talking about your Calvin's or your Louis Vuitton (or your Old Navy's or your Kate Spade if you're looking in my low-rent closet!), I'm talking about the labels you use for your crochet projects (if you do). There have been a few threads asking what type of labeling crocheters use, and a couple of pictures, too, but I would love to see everyone's!

Be it a sew-in label you use for everything you make for your family, or a tie-on tag you use only for projects you sell, I know I'm not the only one that wants to see :-)

I was recently trying to decide what to get to add to my crocheted works, and I would have loved to have seen what everyone else had done.

Oops, I forgot my own tag show-and-tell!

th_card.gif

I ordered business cards from VistaPrint (when the premium ones were free with shipping). I write care instructions on the back, and attach by punching a hole in the top-left corner to tie on with ribbon or a scrap of the project yarn/thread.

When I've made it especially for someone, I like to add that to the front, too, right under my name, so that it reads "Uniquely hand-crocheted by Katherine E. Dohl especially for Brad Pitt" (or whoever)

I have 3 I use, depending on the person it is for.

I have " Made especially for you" "Made with tender loving care" and the best "Crocheted for you by Grandmom":hook

I will try to get them scanned in later.

Here are the labels:

(Clickable) th_Labels01.jpg

I bought the blank "gift tags" at Micheal's. I used them once for a blanket I made for a coworker ~ I wrote the care instructions on it.

I like them and want to use them more often but I do not like my handwriting and I am not sure I can get my printer to print on them.

I have a tag that I made using scrapbook paper. I bought a rubber stamp at AC Moore's that says "handcrafted by". Then I write in Heather. I use some colored pencils to fill in some areas, punch a hole in the corner and tie it to the item. I also write the fiber content of the item along with washing instructions on the back of the tag. If I get a chance I will take a picture of one and post it here.

I have a tag that I made using scrapbook paper. I bought a rubber stamp at AC Moore's that says "handcrafted by". Then I write in Heather. I use some colored pencils to fill in some areas, punch a hole in the corner and tie it to the item. I also write the fiber content of the item along with washing instructions on the back of the tag. If I get a chance I will take a picture of one and post it here.

I NEVER thought of a rubber stamp! I like that idea. I will have to check out the stamp section!

I attach one of my business cards to it, if it is something I am selling. But the items I give away, people usually know who makes them. I have thought about buying the labels more than once, just never got around to it..

I was wondering the same thing. I made a baby blanket for a friend of my husbands, daughter. :think I have meet her several times, but was wondering if I should put a tag. Because it was for a baby I didn't want to sew one on, as those seem like they are scratchy and didn't want that for a blanket. I like the ideal of printing one off the computer so I may have to give that one a try. Thanks once again ladies!! :hug

I print out some business size cards at home. They are for my crochet group to attach to their donation items as well. But I only attach them to the things that I donate. On the front it says the name of our group and the URL to our sight on myspace. On the top it says "Know Someone Cares From:". The back says, "This gift was made by hand just for you. By a member of Corpus Christi Crochet."

I am going to make some for my personal use as well. I will leave space for the back to have care instructions included. And the front will be about the same as the other cards, I think... I haven't really decided yet.

I have tags that I tie on that have my contact information... and then I can sign it (hey! this IS art!) and one the other side is one of my photos... I have about 10-20 different photos on them... but I'll try to take a photo soon.

I also write in the washing instructions, and fiber content when I can.

I have some I bought from Herrschners, the woven kind. I got them after I made a really pretty baby blanket for someone and received absolutely no thank you whatsoever. So, I decided next blanket I do, I'm sticking my name in that sucker, even if they do end up removing the tag. Most stuff, though, like scarves and such, I don't bother with.

I have woven labels for sewing (or handmade), stuffed animals and soon for crocheting exclusively...I've had some kind of label for about 20 years now. I try to be good about putting them in my work, but sometimes I forget. My husband though, the project for him is not complete until I sew my label in...period...he'll stand there with a newly made sweater and say, "Where's the label?"

I have "LeAnna's Aminals" (deliberate misspelling) "Handmade by LeAnna ____" and "Crocheted for you by LeAnna ____" which are on order.

My cousin gave me some sew on woven ones once. The fist one I used was for a baby afghan for her daughter (now at college in N.H.) I put one on a square for quilt me, my sibs/nieces/nephew made for our parents/grand-parents. I might used them again if I can find them (LOL).

Ellie 13

Thank you for bringing this up. I have just started making items to sell, and I was thinking about labels. I plan to attach a card to items for sale. I would also like to attach a tag to the item itself with care instructions. But I'm not sure how to go about doing that. As soon as I get a card made up I will post it.

I just thought of this today because I'll be sending some items outside of the Philippines so I made myself a 2x2 tag.

squaretagblank.jpg

Already printed on card stock. :clap All I need is to have it cut and attach to the items I'll be sending. There's a space where I could probably write something (for gifts) or the name of the item I'd be sending and what it's made of. :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I don't ever put a permanent tag on my items. But I DO put on removable tags with (besides price) information like how to care for it, and how to contact me if there's a problem, or they wanna buy something else.

Archived