The Card Club

JulieKay

For further information, please scroll down to post 8 on this page-- Donna will be giving updates and directions now- thank you .

Card Categories

Oct 1- any card with a dog on it .

Oct 8-a pumpkin on the card

Oct 15-any fall scenery

Oct 22-Halloween

Oct 29-a card with a person's FACE on it .

Mystery CAL

Here are the items you will need for the CAL -

Hook Size J

Yarn needle

1 inch button

2 colors of WW yarn -- this is made with double strands ,so you can actually use one color, but you will need double strands of that color .

It doesn't specify the amount of yarn needed , but I'd guess a half skein or less would be plenty of each color, so you could even use scraps .

Thanks to designer for permission to post the pattern -- her name and web link will be provided once pattern is complete .

PART 1

BASE:

R1: Ch26. hdc in the 3rd ch from the hook. Hdc in ea rem ch.

R2-3: Ch2, turn. Hdc in ea hdc.

Part 2

SIDES:

R4: Ch1, turn. Sc in ea st across. Sc in ea row end. Sc in unworked lp of ea st along foundation ch. Sc in ea row end. Join with sl st in 1st sc made. Ch1, do not turn.

BEGIN CONTINUOUS ROUNDS

Sc in ea sc around until piece measures 8" from bottom. Sl st in last st. Finish Off.

For further information, please scroll down to post number 8 on this page ,and thank you !

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone.

The next batch of categories for the cards.

Nov-

card with only Letters on it, no picture

thank you card

thanksgiving

food item

Dec

red or green

winter scene

Christmas

New years

Birthday

January

bright colors

zoo animal

balloons or clown

odd card-- one that makes you go huh ????

Feb

cat

heart

body of water

flowers

March

hobby

monkey

little kid on the card

purple card

Funny - one that makes you laugh till you cry.

The last part of the first mystery CAL is today. Here are the instructions.

FLAP:

R1: Ch10, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea rem ch.

Rs2-12: Ch1, turn. Sc in ea sc.

R13: Ch1, turn. Sc dec over next 2 sts. Sc in ea sc across to last 2 sc. Sc dec over last 2 sc.

R14: Ch1, turn. Sc dec over next 2 sts. Sc in next sc. Ch2, sk next 2 sc. Sc in next sc. Sc dec over next 2 sts.

R15: Ch1, turn. Sc in ea sc and in the ch2 sp.

R16: Ch1, turn. Sc dec over next 2 sts. Sc in next sc. Sc dec over next 2 sts.

Fasten Off.

FINISHING: Sew flap to the center of the clutch. Sew the botton on in the appropriate position

Here is the link for the full pattern. I can't wait to see everyones work. The designers name is Lisa Hamblin from crochetnmore.com

Now for the second pattern you will need two colors. You can use one color but will need two strands. We'll be using two strands together like this last one. You will need barely a full skein of each. This is a good stash buster :yes Also the pattern called for an I hook. I will post the first half of it on Monday morning.

Mystery CAL #2

Part 1: Ch 20, 4 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 16 Hdc, then do 7 hdc in next st, 16 Hdc down the other side. 3hdc in next st, slip st tog and ch 2. Do not turn…keep working around. *Hdc in every st around, slip st tog and ch 2. Repeat from * for a total of 11 rows. On the 11th row, ch 1 and sc around. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Part 2: Attach yarn to one corner of the back, 24 dc across, ch 3 , turn and repeat 24 dc across. Repeat for 11 rows. Fasten off and weave in ends.

When I did mine. I followed the pattern exactly and I think that I would make it longer than the 11 rows. That's just my opinion. I'll post the link and creator info later this afternoon. I'll post my picture then too. If you want me to wait till morning to post the info let me know. :D

Here is the link for the full pattern with the creators pictures. The creator is Christina Budd.

I'm going to post the materials needed for the third mystery pattern. That way you have a chance to start getting things together for it. I will post part 1 tomorrow morning.

Mystery CAL #3

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn in the following colors:

(Cream & Black)

Crochet hook, size F

Finishing Materials: (You won't need these till after 10/15)

Empty margarine cup (I used Imperial), measuring approx. 2 1/2" T x 3 1/2" in dia at top

Small amount of fiberfill

2 plastic eyes or black beads (for eyes)

Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)

Part 1:

Start with cream working with one strand

Rnd 1) Starting at bottom: Ch 3, 8 sc in 3rd ch from hook; join with a sl st in first sc: 8 sc.

Rnd 2) Ch 1, 2 sc in joining; * 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 16 sc.

Rnd 3) (Working in front lps only); Ch 1, sc in joining, 2 sc in next sc; * sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 24 sc.

Rnd 4) (Working in front lps only); Ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; * sc in next 2 sc, sc in next 2 sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 32 sc.

Rnds 5-7) (Working in both lps); Ch 1, sc in joining; * sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 32 sc.

Rnd 8) Ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc; * sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st to first sc: 40 sc. Rnd 9) Ch 1, sc in joining; * sc in next st; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 40 sc.

Part 2:

There is a special stitch starting in round 10. Here is the directions for the stitch.

Special Stitches:: Loop Stitch: Insert hook in indicated stitch and place yarn around index finger of left hand (it should already be there as your finger is extended), (Right for left-handers), hook both strands of yarn (the one in front of finger and the one behind the finger) pull through stitch, slip loop off finger, YO and pull through all 3 loops to complete the stitch.

Rnd 10) Ch 1, loop st in joining; * loop st in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first loop st: 40 loops sts.

Rnds 11- 16) Repeat instructions for rounds 9 -10 respectively.

Rnd 17) Ch 1, sc in joining; sc in next 17 sts, sc in the front lp of next 2 sts (mark with black for head placement), sc in both lps of the next 20 sts. Rnd 18) Ch 1, loop st in joining; loop st in next 17 sc, sc in the front lp of next 2 sc, loop st in both lps of next 18 sc, sc in the front lp of next 2 sc (mark with red marker for tail placement). Fasten off; secure ends

Part 3:

Rnd 1) Ch 4; 7 dc in 4th ch from hook; join with a sl st to 4th ch of beg. ch 4. Fasten off, stuff ends to the inside: 8 dc.

Rnd 2) Join Cream to any sc on round 1; Ch 1, sc in joining, 2 sc in next sc; * sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a slip st in first sc: 12 sc.

Rnd 3) Ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next sc, (2 sc in next sc) 4 times, sc in next 2 sc, (sc decrease over next 2 sc) twice; join with a sl st in first sc.

Rnd 4) Ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next 3 sc, sc in back lp of next sc, sc in both lps of next 4 sc, sc in back lp of next sc, sc in both lps of last 4 sc; join with a sl st in first sc.

Rnd 5) Ch 2, dc decrease over next 2 sc, (dc decrease over next 4 sc) twice, stuff head with fiberfill, dc decrease over last 3 sc; join with a sl st to top of first decrease. Fasten off, leaving a 6" tail for securing head to body.

Ears: (Using Black)

Join black to unworked front lp on round 4; Ch 2, 2 dc cluster in same st. Fasten off; secure ends. Repeat for opposite ear.

Part 4:

(Using Black)

Row 1) Join Black to unworked back lp on round 18 (red marker) of body; Ch 2, dc in same st, 2 dc in next unworked back lp.

Row 2) Ch 2, turn work; dc decrease over next 3 sts. Fasten off; secure ends.

Part 5:

Legs: (Using Black) (Make 4)

Rnd 1) Join yarn to unworked back lp on round 3 of body, at joining with a sl st; working facing toward center of body, ch 1, 2 sc in joining, 2 sc in back lp of next st, turn work so that you are now working away from center of body, 2 sc in corresponding unworked back loop from round 2; join with a sl st in first sc: 6 sc.

Rnds 2-3) Ch 1, sc in joining; * sc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: 6 sc.

Rnd 4) Stuff leg with fiberfill, ch 1, sc in joining, sc decrease over next 2 sc, sc in next sc, sc decrease over last 2 sc; do not join, but sl st in opposite side of leg to close. Fasten off; secure ends.

Remaining Legs:

Rnd 1) Skip next 4 sts on round 3 of body from last st worked; join yarn to next unworked back loop with a sl st; ch 1, 2 sc in joining, 2 sc in back loop of next st, turn work so that you are now working away from center of body, skip next 3 sts on round 2 from last st worked, 2 sc in next unworked back loop; join with a sl st in first sc: 6 sc.

Rnds 2-4) Repeat instructions for round 2-4 for first leg.

Repeat instructions for each remaining leg. Finishing:

Insert empty margarine cup and pull the edges up to just cover the top of the margarine cup. Glue plastic eyes to the head.

This pattern was designed by Cylinda Mathews and can be found here at crochet memories.

I too would like to join, I have sent you a PM. I always look forward to receiving things in the mailbox besides bills - somedays the empty box is the best - but now :yay looking forward to getting mail again

Archived