The Card Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, went into town and got the 1st card to post, will decide who to post it to later.

Saw loads of different things to make cards with, so might go back into town and have a go at making my own as well, which will be fun as I have never done this before.

Gonna go and see what yarn I can use

Hello Tracy, we don't live very far from each other, where do you tend to get your yarn from? Not alot of places in Cov to choose from

Julie, I knew what you meant (concurrently...;) )...looking forward to seeing what else your devious mind can come up with:devil

Hi Roxy

I moved to Rugby last Sunday (23/09) so don't know where to go yet. :think I have found a shop in town centre that has a small amount of DK acrylic, but that is all I have found so far. I have a huge stash of yarn to work from, for now. :) Will have to find somewhere soon or use the internet. Or I will have to make regular trips back to London. :wink

I don't have my card yet. Put all the names and address in an Excel worksheet and gonna sort 'em different ways each week and pick the 1st name. When I get through one cycle of the sorting, then I'll repeat it and pick the 2nd name. I think that's how I'll do it.

Julie, can we guess what the mystery is?

Barbara, I bet Caron SS won't work up as thick. Maybe I'll start on my 3rd one with that yarn. Gotta wait for Robert to get home to help me pick the colors, though.;)

Betty, pink and purple are always so pretty. I like your dartboard technique with the coin.:D

Kathy, I need to get back to seeing my chiropractor!

Julie, thanks for answering my question! Can we guess what it is? Great idea to give future card categories. At Hallmark, you can usually get a bonus when you buy 3 cards. Woo Hoo! The poll is another great idea!

Karen, I had to look up definition of "concurrently": adverb, overlapping in duration. I don't think any of us can handle "overlapping"!

Tracy, green and cream sounds pretty.

TRH, you're being sneaky!

Renee, I'm so sorry! Would be so much more fun to have you!

Roxy, Have fun with the card making! I may do that, too, or Robert will. He sure is handy to have around!

Judy, we are such a brainiacs! I knew what she meant, too.

Hi Roxy

I moved to Rugby last Sunday (23/09) so don't know where to go yet. :think I have found a shop in town centre that has a small amount of DK acrylic, but that is all I have found so far. I have a huge stash of yarn to work from, for now. :) Will have to find somewhere soon or use the internet. Or I will have to make regular trips back to London. :wink

Ok, hope you settle in, don't go into Rugby very often, my 1st placement as a student nurse was at St cross hospital, so I only really know how to drive there and back.

I usually get mine from a stall in Ball Hill in Coventry, have bought some off the internet as well.

Sounds like you all are having fun .

Jeannie- no guessing just yet, at least not in here, you can guess all you want at home . Will try to keep it a secret for awhile in case someone has already made this exact thing and tells everyone else what it is .

Renee- I have a solution -- just let me sign you up for EVERY CAL I do, that way you'll get in .

Renee, I'm so sorry! Would be so much more fun to have you!

-------

Well, it's just as well - I have a few smaller projects I need to work on. But I'll peek in and see how things are going here, and there's always next time!

Good morn- uh, afternoon everyone (at least everyone in the US)! I would've checked in earlier but dang classes always interfere with everything...

I've decided that I'm going to choose names the same way Jeannie's doing it with Excel and I'm going to use purple and cream as my 2 colors for the CAL part. Whoever gets a card from me this week will get a hand-drawn picture of a dog and you've been warned - I can't draw at all! :lol

Oh yeah, just an idea I thought of... I'm going to save all the cards and at the end of all this, I'm going to make a large collage out of all of them. I think a poster-sized collage of all the cards would look neat, but maybe that's just me... :blush

:blush Oh boy... I must have been having a blonde moment multiplied by a Monday morning factor to show that too much education doesn't mean a hill of beans :lol Can I change my answer?? :D

I honestly am having one of those days. I think I may have left my brain in bed this morning :sigh Students in one of my classes today asked me a question that I couldn't answer. ACK I hate it when that happens - I feel like a dufus! That is the disadvantage to teaching graduate students - you can't pull any wool over their eyes :no Dang they can be sharp.

:think I'm so confused. I know I'm too late to join or anything but, what's going on here? People are sending cards and crocheting things. So, is this one CAL or 2 (One's a Card-along and the other's a Crochet-along?)? Is it one group doing both the cards and the mystery CAL? The mystery part of it is that you only get a few rows of instructions per day/week/month/year?

Okay, I got back from the zoo and my son was tuckered out - he slept long enough for me to do my cal and figure out what order to send my cards in! I'm sending my cards in order from the farthest away from me to the closest. Sorry if you live in Texas - you won't be getting yours for a while! It took me a while to figure out if Australia or the UK was farther, since Mapquest doesn't give driving directions across the oceans! (And you know Americans are geographically challenged...:blush ).

I used a K hook on my cal, since I stitch very tightly (I usually use a J when patterns call for an H).

Amanda

I'm going to mail the card tomorrow, going 'downtown' will be my big excitement for the day, I'll go to the post office and mail some packages before I head up to visit Tim. Mom and our friends are going out of town, so SarahJane and I are going to be alone overnight, and I have to be in before 6pm as they are paving the main road and I won't be able to get in after that.

Wow, just got home from work and look at all the action here. I did the first part of the mystery CAL, (and I'm dying to know what its going to be.....) I'm using a medium green and cream. Those were the first two colors I pulled out of my bag of leftovers.

Well, better go look for a doggie card!

Ok just looked at all the categories and am wondering where Im going to find a card with a pumpkin on it.

I am using the zebra yarn and black for this so it will be interesting with these colors as to what its going to be.

Going to have brekky.

Ok just looked at all the categories and am wondering where Im going to find a card with a pumpkin on it.

I am using the zebra yarn and black for this so it will be interesting with these colors as to what its going to be.

Going to have brekky.

Make a card, Wendy!!:yes

Archived