What crochet project has made you cry?

Threadie projects are never easy for me!

I just finished my first of 3 seraphinas - and just posted the pic links - hope yours begins to take off - it finally does and then it makes sense!

Crocheted American flags. Half way through the second one, I got ticked and chucked it across the livingroom. I was more than happy to stop with the first one, but hubby insisted that I make another one.

Margie <:3( )~~~

Well thankfully I've never actually cried. But I've done patterns that bring serious frustration. Recently doing my son's hoodie, I had to modify the pattern because I was using bulky yarn and it called for ww. Well I did fine until it came to the sleeves, then I wanted to chuck it and forget it all.. But I continued and was very happy with the end result.

Crocheted American flags. Half way through the second one, I got ticked and chucked it across the livingroom. I was more than happy to stop with the first one, but hubby insisted that I make another one.

Margie <:3( )~~~

:eek:laughroll

I have never been in tears but sure was glad to get it the crochet project done. Sometimes the last row seem to take forever. Like driving home from along trip.

I have never been in tears over a crochet project...however knitting is another story. I decided it would be a great thing to learn to do last February...after a near temper tantrum in June all knitting related items were put into a box so that I wouldn't have to look at them. They are still in the box.:D

Quite a few years back, I knit a sweater from a pattern in a very expensive book using the recommended yarn. The top of the body was a shaped circular yoke that had some kind of scene on it, something like a pasture with sheep. This was a real labor intensive sweater and kind of expensive to make. So I finish the sweater and try it on and the front neckline is covering up my chin and mouth.

About a year afterwards, the pattern company issued a new book with similar designs with corrections to the front neck shaping.

That was the only time any project almost made me cry.

Stitch Diva's Celebrity Look Alike Shawl has left me in tears! I am pretty good at figuring out patterns and this one had me completely stumped. So I filed it away and I'm waiting until I have more crocheting experience...maybe then it will make more sense to me?:think

Kim

I haven't really met a crochet project that has had me that frustrated yet...I don't think anyway...

I've worked on some really challeging patterns, like this one doily pattern that just about kicked my backside...the count never seemed quite right and if you took your eye off of it for a second you'd be off count...but I persevered.

The dressing gown I made this last winter actually went really well, but oh my goodness the edging and shawl collar just about drove me to tears in boredom...but that's my fault, I designed it that way...

I have to add a project I just finished...I can't believe how much I had to frog this relatively simple pattern...it's a jacket and I had to entirely frog the front sides after they were completed because the sizing was wrong...and even on the sleeves, I read the pattern wrong and had to frog 1/2 of the sleeves...it's been a valuable lesson, never trust what's written, use the tape measure always...the project's completed and it looks great, but even with all the frogging, the jacket's bigger than I would like. But I do like the pattern so I will be making it again, but now that the trial by fire is over and I know where the pitfalls are and hopefully will have a better time of it next time.

The teddy bear I made for the small toy swap. I hated that thing so much. Crocheting the individual parts was all right but when I started putting him together I was so upset because it just didn't look right to me. At one point I had such a crying fit about it that it led into having a fit about not being able to do anything perfect. AT that point my fiancee took the project from me and wouldn't let me work on it for a couple of days till I calmed down. Of course, afterwards I kind of liked it since it all managed to work out and I started making another one but he's currently sitting in pieces in a box because I don't want to have the same experience!

Oh hands down it is the Doctor Who scarf I am making for my boyfriend, which is around 8ft long now and oh yeah NOT DONE! It should be about 10/12 when I finish. Of course there is the fringe, and the part that will make me cry. Weaving in all the ends.

I am determined to finish it by the end of the year. Just wish I could work on it now, but I have Christmas to do.

I was disappointed in the modular sweater I crocheted. The sweater itself looked OK, but it just didn't fit my almost-43-yr-old-with-a-bit-of-a-tummy-pooch body very well. They looked much better on the thin models in the book :lol but made me look like the Michelin man! I'll try one again someday in sport-weight yarn or maybe even #3 thread, something lighter. While doing afghans at times I get impatient and bored. I guess I need to do some double- or triple-stranded ones that work up quicker.

Crochet usually doesn't frustrate me to the point of tears, but like peachdiva02, knitting also makes me crazy. I'm OK til I make a mistake, then the whole project is ruined. A couple of times I've knitted caps, then when I get to the point of almost finishing and using double-pointed needles I'd lose a stitch somewhere, and several hours of work is down the tubes. Arrrrgh! Anyone who can knit, esp. long projects, and not go insane has my undying respect.

Nothing has made me cry from frustration...but I HAVE cried from joy before. The very first dress I designed. I was so happy to have designed something and that it actually looked good.

I've never had a project make me cry, but I have ripped out many things when they aren't going like they should. It can be very aggravating when you can't figure out what the pattern is asking you to do and when you try it, it's not turning out like you thought it would.

I started making an afghan and did 10 rows of it and because it had FPdc's and BPdc's, it was curling up. I just ripped it all out and found a new pattern. Had no idea how to fix it.

I was mad! So I ripped. It felt good.:yes

:manyheart

baby booties :angry

I couldn't decifer the first pattern I tried :no then when I did I couldn't make two of the same size :eek I tried other patterns and now I have a stash of numerous single booties of various patterns and yarns :yes how do you people manage to make socks without totally losing it in the process? :yarn I'm sure that there is a hospital somewhere that could use single booties for one footed babies... (who else could wear them?)

what to do... what to do... :think this is a super icky situation that I had completely stuffed in the bottom of my stash. any suggestions?

I don't think I ever cried over a frustrating pattern... got mad, yes.... but I'd just put it away until I'd cooled down and take it back out to try again.

Actually..... one of my first afghans made me cry! I was using sc, and it's easy to mess up tension (for me) with sc, so the first half of the afghan was all nice and loose, but the second half got tight and buckled. Someone suggested frogging it and starting over where it began to tighten, but I had almost finished! :thair That's the only time I remember actually crying over something I was working on. :cry

Confession time... I'm a CAL dropout. I started the 8-Pocket Tote and made all the pieces no problem. Perfectionistically, (yes, I do so think it's a word) I decided it needed a lining. Of course I was on a deadline and using fabric from my very limited stash. The fusible webbing wasn't sticking, so I cranked up the heat setting on the iron with one hand while reading the directions on the package with the other. You guessed it! I looked down at a huge scorchy mark in the middle of the lining where it would show every time she opened the bag. OK, I can cover that.... where is the special fuzzy yarn I bought to assemble the blasted thing? I gave up, threw the scorchy sticky sides away and am making the leftover pieces into a cat bed. My sister got a lovely tote from JoAnn's and an even lovelier scarf knitted with LB Incredible and a boucle. I had been wrestling with the lining deal for weeks, and it felt good to throw those pieces in the garbage and start a new project that I knew I could handle.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never actually cried (unless you count the times it was December 20th and I have too many projects I want to finish before Christmas), but I don't seem to have the patience to work with joining pieces of projects.

Ummm...not actual tears, but the item I struggled most with was a sweater for my daughter...sunflower squares for the front, the rest in solid. I was fine until I got to the first shoulder. It was lke I was reading chinese. I must have frogged those few shoulder rows 50 times. Then, for some reason, I "got" it. It was as if an asteroid hit me on the head...duh. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but when it finally became clear to me what I needed to do...it was like I'd known it all along but had a block of some sort. weird.

Archived