Peacock Buffet Scarf Gift

TX CrochetLover

Hi All,

I made this for a friend's daughter who got married out of the blue around the first of August. I started this Aug 1 and just finished it Friday, the 24th. Whew, I'm really glad to be finished with it! It turned out pretty good though, so I am hoping she will like it. She has an antique(or just old! LOL!) buffet she uses as an entry table so I made this for that area. BTW, ignore the yellow cast on the pic, I don't know why my camera did that. The thread is all white! LOL!

th_Img_0241.jpg

this is wonderful.

how do it get the tension so wonderfully nice...i've tried filet crochet last time. if i do a small piece it'll be fine, but then when it comes to the bigger pieces like this, it gets out of shape!

Thanks everyone for your supporting comments! I like filet because really it is so easy! Time consuming, but the results are so nice! I took the lazy way out and just pressed it instead of blocking it because I was so tired of looking at this project. Before I give it to her, I will go back and properly block it. Anyhoo, here is the link for the pattern!

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Peacockbuffet.html

Great work! Just beautiful. I did this pattern a few years ago...in fact this pattern was featured on the cover of a book (You probably have that book) and was the sole reason I bought the book, just so I could make it. It's now hanging in the front window of our home as kind of a "lace curtain."

Take a bow, just stunning.

Oooooooo....that is just beautiful! I hope the newlyweds display it with pride and pleasure. There's a LOT of work in a project like that. It's been a couple of years since I did a big filet piece....hmmm.

Archived