It's finished!

eebrs

For Mothers' Day DH sent me to the store to pick out my own present. It doesn't sound very exciting, but he's intimidated by craft stores. So I decided to try thread (size 10) for the first time. I probably should have started with a smaller project. It took 3 months -mostly because I got distracted by other projects, summer vacation, and a move.

th_DSCF5054.jpg

(clickable)

Sorry about the picture quality. DS (4 yrs old) is still figuring out the camera. The first picture he took was of my backside! :lol

That's beautiful!

Are you a Dale Jr. fan by any chance?!? (The bud jacket gave it away!)

Actually it's a jersey for an Argentine soccer team. The "bud" is short for Budweiser. I was hoping for one that had "Quilmes" on it, since I don't drink and hate advertising for a beer company. (Even though Quilmes is another beer company.) Unfortunately they switched sponsors before I could get one.

It may have taken you 3 mos to finish, but it sure looks like it was worth the wait! It's just beautiful!!! Great job with your first thread project! I don't know if I would have the patience for a project that big using thread.

Archived