Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

I haven't used it, myself - but I would think if it works for hems, it'll work for anything else....???

Well then I will give it a whirl with a small purse I made for grand daughter and let you know how it comes out.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ladies I have used this stuff fro bag linings AND blue Jeans. And we all know how hard and stiff those are. It works wonerfully and I wash and dry the items and have never had a problem with it.

ok ladies I have used this stuff fro bag linings AND blue Jeans. And we all know how hard and stiff those are. It works wonerfully and I wash and dry the items and have never had a problem with it.

Thank You, now I can do it with all the bags and not have to pull out sewing table.

Hello all! Is it too late to join?? I hope not because I am pregnant and dying to make this as a nappy bag for myself and a WIP bag too so I will be making too of these-eventually!! Debbi-a1 referred me here and I think it is the best tote ever!! Yours all look so great and it has taken me a long time to get to the end of this thread. I will be lining it too-my first attemt also!! Now I just have to go through my stash and find some good colours as I want to make it right now!!!:yay:woo

Hello all! Is it too late to join?? I hope not because I am pregnant and dying to make this as a nappy bag for myself and a WIP bag too so I will be making too of these-eventually!! Debbi-a1 referred me here and I think it is the best tote ever!! Yours all look so great and it has taken me a long time to get to the end of this thread. I will be lining it too-my first attemt also!! Now I just have to go through my stash and find some good colours as I want to make it right now!!!:yay:woo

Welcome, never too late!!! Congratulations:hug

Someone will be around to help you if you get stuck, and we will support you anyway we can. :yes

Welcome to the CAL, Sennight! :) It's never too late to join in. IMO, the tote works up pretty quickly once you get the straps and the gusset done. :lol

(My 1st tote is almost done - just waiting for me to sew up/in the lining for it as well as adding the extra little odds & ends that I want to put on it before it's completed. I did start making a 2nd tote but that's been put on hold for now - my oldest dd is expecting her 1st baby June 12, 2008 so I'm in the process of crocheting as well as knitting some new things for the new addition/arrival to/in our family. :) )

If you need some help, you may want to check the CAL messages for the quick reference posting that I started (link to it is now in my signature) - I try to keep it updated whenever possible.

HTH! :hook

Hey thanks everyone. Cinnamon-she's due on June 12, 2008 well guess what-I'm due June 9, 2008-3 days before so I have lots of time to make things. Yay! Congrats! My tummy is already starting to grow and my boyfriend is so excited and so badly wants a boy! I don't care as long as it's nice and healthy!:yay

I have started and have about 2 inches of the back done after about an hour or so. It's going to be mainly yellow with white for the handles and accents-I think it'll look pretty good. Can't wait to get more done!!:woo

Oh I want to do one of these, i've been going through all the posts and looking at the completed ones and I think this would be a great gift for 2 people on my list for christmas, just don't know if I have time with the other things I'm doing, so maybe next christmas :lol

Anyway, I'm not joining, but you girls have really inspired me, these are just great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I hope its not to late to join...darski pointed me in this direction because I needed a project to work on until I go to town to but some more yarn to finish my ghan. I am going to use pink and black on mine. I have a tote I made myself with the Transformers logos on it. I bf is in love with transformers as is my son and I was bored. It works great for my WIPs. Will post a pic soon....

Wow I hope its not to late to join...darski pointed me in this direction because I needed a project to work on until I go to town to but some more yarn to finish my ghan. I am going to use pink and black on mine. I have a tote I made myself with the Transformers logos on it. I bf is in love with transformers as is my son and I was bored. It works great for my WIPs. Will post a pic soon....

Never too late, as long as someone is posting, we will be here.

I finally finished mine up. It was waiting for the longest time on the lining. My MIL came into town and helped me with getting it started. I absolutely love how it turned out and am glad I lined it.

Here is the inside lining.

insidelining.jpg

Here is the bag finished and loaded with a WIP. I don't waste anytime. :hook

finished-1.jpg

Last night. Went to the yarn stash and picked out a denim blue for the trim and a multi-colored blue for the body. Can't wait to make this again with colors selected JUST FOR this bag.

Will post pix when completed. And here I was one who said I would not have more than one WIP. But hey, the other I am about to run out of knit-along lame and I HATE to run out of yarn in the middle of something so this'll hold me 'till I get to the LYS. :yes

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I did a little more of the gusset last night. I'm hoping to finish it soon. How do I go about putting an applique on acrilyc yarn? I'm doing it in a Disney Princess theme, and I want to put an applique on the front.

I sew my appliques on with quilting thread. But I have also used hot glue on some that I don't want to have stitches show. I once tried that iron on material :badidea real bad idea for non organic yarn, I melted some of it.

Sew N Sew and anyone else who may know ... lining ?

Did you attach your lining via crochet, did you hand sew it, or did you machine sew it? If it were done with crochet (I saw a towel that had crocheted inlets) how does one do that since the fabric is solid, i.e., no holes to put the needle in (did that make sense)?

snl

Sew N Sew and anyone else who may know ... lining ?

Did you attach your lining via crochet, did you hand sew it, or did you machine sew it? If it were done with crochet (I saw a towel that had crocheted inlets) how does one do that since the fabric is solid, i.e., no holes to put the needle in (did that make sense)?

snl

This is a link to Cinnamin's post. She (wonderful 'Viller that she is - :hug) provides links to every piece of information that you may need to complete your tote, including how to line it! (I haven't made mine yet, but it's on my 2008 to-do list so I kept the info re her links.)

Archived