Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a link to Cinnamin's post. She (wonderful 'Viller that she is - :hug) provides links to every piece of information that you may need to complete your tote, including how to line it! (I haven't made mine yet, but it's on my 2008 to-do list so I kept the info re her links.)

:yes

I hand sewed mine to the parts before putting them together. Just had to leave an edge of the crocheted parts around the lining, then did a reverse sc on the outer edges (after hand sewing the parts together with quilting thread to ensure they didn't stretch open).

i`m gonna make this bag with matching halfmoon shawl useing RHSS in 3 colors

Hi Athba, just make sure you line the handles if you use RHSS, as it tends to stretch alot when the bag has weight in it.

Well alllright, "L"! You go, woman.

I started the first strap this a.m. I will finish this today (the crocheting part, that is). Prolly won't feel like sewing after all the stitchin'. I am trying to decide if I want to line it with denim since I am using blue yarn. Plus I am thinking denim will be nice and strong for carrying my WIP's. :crocheting

Stichnlocks-

In my opinion, which, by the way, is totally unfounded on fact, just so you know, I don't really think lining it with denim is the best idea. Since it has a bit of a texture to it, it might catch on scissors or something...

Sure would look good though, and if you want to, go for it! I can't wait to see pictures.

Hi Ladies, good to see others carrying on in here. Was away for my Holiday, but I am back now. Just remember that although it is alot of parts and work, the finished product is just so great. I love my bag and had it with me to hold my current work. You will not be disappointed when you are finished.

Pam

i`m gonna make it with acrylic but it really streches while carrying even light weight stuff so make sure to line the bag and the HANDLES so you don`t want the bag to reach the floor because the handles had streched :lol

Has anyone made this tote out of acrylic yarn. Having trouble finding cotton that I like

Me, me., me :clap. I am working on handles now; hope to have pix shortly.

Stichnlocks-

In my opinion, which, by the way, is totally unfounded on fact, just so you know, I don't really think lining it with denim is the best idea. Since it has a bit of a texture to it, it might catch on scissors or something...

Sure would look good though, and if you want to, go for it! I can't wait to see pictures.

OOOh, I am sooo not into detail and thus appreciate your opinion (founded or not, just so ya know, LOL). Ya think though. Hmm. Yeah, like you said I was thinking totally about "looks" (vain woman that I am). :devil

I have all the stuff I need! We went out and I got my lining fabric, and ribbons to line the straps, and a fancy button, and an applique, and more fancy buttons for my hook case. I'm going to be putting it all together hopefully sometime today.

Has anyone made this tote out of acrylic yarn. Having trouble finding cotton that I like

I'm using acrylic! I think if you're using acrilyc, you just need to make sure you line it so that it doesn't stretch, and line the straps. I'm lining my straps with ribbon.

To solve the problem of stretchy straps, add some clear fishing line to the acrylic yarn when making the straps. I read this somewhere, but don't remember where.

I tried this on a purse once, but the stitches have to be real tight, and your hands kinda tough, cause if there is too much weight or pulling the line digs into your hands.

Archived