Lotus Flower Purse Completed

Shebop

I have been working on this purse on and off for awhile now. It was a birthday gift for my grandmother.

I used white satin to line it, a magnetic closure, and I slip stitched beads for embelishment around the petals and leaves and also in the strap. I just love how it turned out and am very proud of it! Thanks for looking!

th_lotus4.jpg

th_lotus3.jpg

th_lotus2.jpg

th_lotus1.jpg

Oh my gosh!!!!! That is soooooo beautiful!!! May I ask where you found the pattern? I have been looking for a lotus flower for a friend that practices Buddhism.

Well you should be very proud of this! It is beautiful! Your lining really turned out nice too. Have you give it to your grandmother yet? What was her reaction? Very, very nice work.

:cheer:hook:clap

Thanks girls! Yes, I gave it to Grandma last weekend and she loved it... said it was too pretty to use, but she did take it to her big party and show it off. She may be 85, but she's still a "girly girl" and loves pretty things. It was fun to make her something special.

So lovely, I admire anyone who works with thread. My hands are too big and the hook size is too small. My fingers always end up hurting at the end of a project.:hook

It is really beautiful. I love the color and beads. What a nice job. Yes, you should be proud.

Archived