Keep us in stitches CAL!!! --> Looking for Round Two Volunteers!

Krystal16

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl

OK, so does EVERYONE get it now?

"Keep us in stitches" = JOKES!!!!

So now, where are your jokes everyone?

I'm still waiting on some more people if they want to sign up. PLEASE JUMP IN if you're ready, willing and able!

For those that are signed up, please PM me your info.

:rofl

OK, so does EVERYONE get it now?

"Keep us in stitches" = JOKES!!!!

So now, where are your jokes everyone?

I'm still waiting on some more people if they want to sign up. PLEASE JUMP IN if you're ready, willing and able!

For those that are signed up, please PM me your info.

Oh haha, I'm a bit slow as well... I JUST got that! :lol

I was wondering why everyone was telling jokes...:blush

Not sure if someone has answered you Becky, but to do the white highlighting thing, you should go into the Advanced setting and turn your font white during the answer. That way it doesn't show up in the standard screen, but when you highlight it, you can see it.

Another joke from me. It's an oldy but goody (at least in my opinion)

A family of three tomatoes were walking downtown one day when the little baby tomato started lagging behind. The big father tomato walks back to the baby tomato, stomps on her, squashing her into a red paste, and says, "Ketchup!"

A mother is reading a book to her 3 year old daughter. Mother: "What does the cow say?" Child: "Moo!" Mother: "Great! What does the cat say?" Child: "Meow." Mother: "Oh, you're so smart! What does the frog say?" The wide-eyed little 3 year-old looks up at her mother and in her deepest voice replies, "Bud."

A mother is reading a book to her 3 year old daughter. Mother: "What does the cow say?" Child: "Moo!" Mother: "Great! What does the cat say?" Child: "Meow." Mother: "Oh, you're so smart! What does the frog say?" The wide-eyed little 3 year-old looks up at her mother and in her deepest voice replies, "Bud."

:lol :lol

One evening after dinner, a five-year-old boy noticed that his mother had gone out and he asked his father, "Where did Mommy go?"

In answer to his question, he was told, "Mommy is at a Tupperware party."

This explanation satisfied him for only a moment. Puzzled, he asked, "What's a Tupperware party, Daddy?"

The man had always given his son honest answers, so he figured a simple explanation would be the best approach. "Well, son," he said, "at a Tupperware party, a bunch of ladies sit around and sell plastic bowls to each other."

He nodded, indicating that he understood this curious pastime.

Then he burst out into laughter and said, "Come on, Dad! What is it really?"

This looks like fun but I think I'll have to sit on the sidelines on this one too. I'm burying myself with stuff needing done. :) I'll cheer and see what great work you guys come up with.

Well, we still have a few people who need to send me their addresses, but I know where they live roundabouts from things they've posted, so I have the route set.

Of course, we are still accepting other JOKERS to join us, tomorrow is the last day to sign up!

This is what I have so far. My logic is this: I picked those who are scattered from each other to go first, when the afghan is small, because those people will not be able to use Parcel Post. First Class and Priority mail are not affected by distance, so these people won't suffer under the weight of the package too greatly. Everyone else is sending to the person who is in the closest postal zone to them, so they can take advantage of Parcel Post rates.

Now, I realize we're going to head into fall and holiday season, so don't stress too much. This is to have fun. Keep us posted what's going on, and let us know if you're going to take a little longer.

From me to:

angelfire

creativepassage

ankey

CDBear

sewnsew

KnicKnac

minwifeof4boys

scc

judianne

slicer

melibean

ldyer1

jadyn05

bettycrackpot

rlanto

and then back to me (NY)

My son read this on a bumper sticker:

LOOK OUT!

I DRIVE LIKE YOU DO!

How are all my JOKERS out there? You're a mighty quiet crowd. Just hope you don't throw rotten tomatoes at me!

Alright, so I'm looking for your funniest little kid story - it can be from you, your kids or grandkids, whatever - I'm looking for the split your sides "Kids say the darnedest things.." kinda stories...you'll notice mine isn't really the happiest kind of funny!

My DD is 3, and has always been a cheery kinda gal. Always meeting and greeting, playing peek-a-boo in lines, that kind of thing. DH was stopping in a yarn store for me while he was out running some errands, had DD in the cart, pushing her along. She's waving to people, saying hello and they're all waving back, smiling. (OK, she's cute!) He gets INSIDE the store, and she turns to the next two ladies they're approaching and says brightly "HI, FAT LADIES!"... (highlight to read).

Oh, Krystal!!:lol :lol :lol

A cute story - not a joke - but at 7:30 PM, bedtime when DS was VERY young (2 or so), it was Summer and I had the shades down in his room and was taking him to his crib. There was some light coming through the sides of the shades...he looked...and looked back at me, asking "Where's the dark?"

:rofl My kids love it, too!

OK, I'm still missing addresses from:

creative passage

minwifeof4boys

PLEASE get them to me ASAP....

I am working on my portion of the afghan as soon as I get offline here... might get it mailed off tomorrow or tuesday, depending on how inspiration strikes!

th_stitchessquare.jpg

Here's a picture of the square that I have come up with to start the afghan. It is about 8 1/2" square and has 28 sts on each side with an additional ch1 in each corner (116 sts total).

I could NOT find my H hook, so I bumped up to an "I" hook. I have included a gauge swatch of 10 dc wide x 5 rows high to be passed along, so you can find the hook size that works best to match.

I have yet to write the directions down into the notebook, so it doesn't look like it will go out tomorrow. Likely to go out Tuesday. Everyone excited? I am!

I chose the Frosty green in the middle to break it up, but I figured it matches a LOT of shades, so you can use what you'd like to coordinate still.

I realized that somewhere along the lines I misplaced that Lavelle26 needs to send me her info, too!!!

I don't even know which STATE she lives in, so PLEASE send me a PM soon???

Anyone know what state she's in, so I can at least know roughly where I should put her?

Thanks!

Krystal the square looks great! ANd you soud very organized, as usual - love the idea of your including a swatch.

It'll be fun!

Archived