Keep us in stitches CAL!!! --> Looking for Round Two Volunteers!

Krystal16

I have been wanting to do something like this for a long time, just wasn't sure if there would be any response for something like this.

My REAL hope is that we could do a creative afghan where we each add our own flair to the afghan, and complete a few rounds in whatever stitch or pattern suits our mood.

This WOULD NOT require that you are able to design. If you get the afghan and all you want to add is a round or two of sc or dc, that is completely fine!

Here is what I am hoping for:

I will start the pattern with a square center, all in one color.

I will send it along to the next person with a stitch count. They will choose a different color and do a round or two (or as many as they like) in one more color. You MUST be able to provide your stitch count to the next person, so it is easier for them to choose stitches that will work with that count.

When done, weave in your ends and send it on your way. Each person will use a different color.

Here is what you MUST be able to agree to:

1. That you will get the part of the afghan, work on it using acrylic worsted weight in a coordinating color, provide stitch count on your outermost row. Your stitch count should be equal on all sides.

2. You will send the afghan/parcel out within a week and send it with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION to the next person. You must post your delivery number.

3. You must make a gauge swatch. This only means doing a specific number of dc stitches and rows and measuring your work. This will make sure that your stitches are the same size as everyone else's.

Coordinating Color just means any color that you think will look good with the colors already on there.

If you want to specify being toward the beginning or the end, based on schedule, then let me know.

I am going to limit this to members who have been here 6 months or more, as well as having 250 posts. I don't want this one disappearing on us!

I don't want to make this TOO complicated, but it would be really neat if we could keep a notebook with it, and each person put directions for the stitches on all their rows. I think it would make an awesome afghan pattern when done.

I haven't decided what to do with the afghan when done - choose one of the members to receive it (drawn at random), donate it to a charity, or auction it off and send proceeds to a charity?

I will compile the afghan pattern (if we do this part) and each member will receive a copy via email.

Does anyone want to join me?

Post here if you want to join in! I'll PM once all the details are worked out.

FLIGHT PATH:

Krystal16 - PICTURE

angelfire - PICTURE

creativepassage - PICTURE

ankey -

CDBear

sewnsew

KnicKnac - PICTURE

minwifeof4boys - PICTURE

scc

judianne - PICTURE

slicer - Ready.. for the most part!

Melibean223

Ldyer1 - PICTURE

jadyn05

bettycrackpot

Suzan720

rlanto

back to ME!!!

Round TWO:

Judianne

jadyn05

Tigger's Mama

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Miss JulieKay just said she'd add herself to the list, so hope y'all are ready for a friendly little gabfest now...

If you're shy and don't like to chat much, then you can just listen along. :D

I'm adding some changes to post 1, to answer some questions.

okay i would like to do this too....if i could possibly be near the beginning that would be great. by stitch count you mean something like the last round i did had 50 double crochet on each side.? ( i know that it is a silly ? but sometimes i read more into things than i need too!)

Count me in, Krystal!

If you have too many requesting being placed at the beginning already... I'd just ask that I be not too close to the end:c9

Thanks, hon!

okay i would like to do this too....if i could possibly be near the beginning that would be great. by stitch count you mean something like the last round i did had 50 double crochet on each side.? ( i know that it is a silly ? but sometimes i read more into things than i need too!)

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. If you put something like: "50dc on each side and 3ch in each corner" that is just perfect!

Count me in, Krystal!

If you have too many requesting being placed at the beginning already... I'd just ask that I be not too close to the end:c9

Thanks, hon!

:woo another one!

Hey, just to Keep You in Stitches:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the skunks and possums it could be DONE!

:rofl

so there is this guy with a parrot..and every time he tries to feed him the parrot jumps on his arm......

...so the guy takes the parrot to the vet and the vet says.. " YOur parrot needs a woman... for 15.00 I can stick him in a cage with that cute little parakeet

( don't panic I go this joke off Johnny Carson)

....so the parrot screams... give him the 15.00 ...give him the 15.00....

so the guy pays up and they leave the two birds alone......

Here we go:

What do you get when you cross a match, a shovel and a Dachshund?

A Hot Diggety-Dog!!!

You're so bad....:lol:D

Archived