Keep us in stitches CAL!!! --> Looking for Round Two Volunteers!

Krystal16

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wooo-hooo!!! :woo

We've got us some more jokers! :lol

I had someone who's JUST under six months PM me and say if I add her to the end she'll have her six months time in....

she'll be coming here soon - I hadn't even thought of that!

What did the macaroni say to the tomato?

Don't get saucy with me!

So miss Krystal

When you gonna have this thing ready to roll ? do you have a date set or how many people you are gonna have on the list before it's ready ?

Also I wondered if you'll list the hook size you use ? Not that it will matter to some -- some of us crochet loose, some tight, etc, so we may have to change the hook size accordingly, but I thought it'd help if I knew what size the person before me used.

Thanks -

Yay, Count me in I am so incredibly excited!!! I can't wait to see this progress.

Why did the cookie go to the hospital?

Because he felt crumby!!!

So glad to be here folks!

:lol cute joke!

I would like to be near the beginning as I am in the middle bof making lots of Christmas presents later on and a special project in September

I will put you toward the "beginning" as well...

So miss Krystal

When you gonna have this thing ready to roll ? do you have a date set or how many people you are gonna have on the list before it's ready ?

Also I wondered if you'll list the hook size you use ? Not that it will matter to some -- some of us crochet loose, some tight, etc, so we may have to change the hook size accordingly, but I thought it'd help if I knew what size the person before me used.

Well, Miss Julie - I figure I'll give it 'til Saturday and see if other wanna join along. The more we have the better it will be, in my opinion. I figure the afghan will require at least 50 rounds (going off of the stitch sampler/bobbles and lace pattern) so I'd like to keep it so that each person doesn't have to do a TON of rounds. I want this to be fun, NO STRESS.

As for hook size, I am going to use my "H" hook, and I crochet a bit loosely. (It's my favorite) I am going to do a swatch with the "H" and measure it up, maybe even include it in the envelope so you can all match up with it. That way, you use whatever hook you need. If everyone matches the gauge fairly closely, we should be good.

I have a feeling that this is going to be an absolutely beautiful sampler ghan. wil you be posting pics of its progress?

RoseRed, I am hoping that each person can take a picture before they send it off. That way, the next person in line can be looking through their stash to see what they'd like to add, as well as have some idea of where they might like to go with their stitches. I am SOOOOO excited to get this started!

Maybe when it's done you can just put the names of those interested in keeping the ghan or donating it into a hat and have your DH or one of your kids draw out a name??

Just a thought.

Miss Tab, you have no jokes? I thought you were brought forth into this world with wit on the tip of your tongue!

No jokes? I don't believe it!

You said clean so nope, no jokes. :lol Really, i'm not a joker just more of a smart *clears throat* that always has something to say. :D

How do you know when some bozo has been making chocolate chip cookies?

You find M&M shells all over the kitchen floor.....

Just put me wherever you need me......I'm not picky!!!!

...OK so the vet and the guy are drinking coffee and they hear this squeaking and squawking from the other room..they go in and the parrot has the parakeet down with his claws pulling out her feathers one at a time....

I'm thinking about this, cuz I think it's a really neat idea, but I'm also thinking that if you do it as a round, the folks later in the rotation are going to be doing a whole lot more stitch work than those at the beginning of the rotation as the blanket gets bigger. Would you be amenable to picking a stitch count (i.e. 3+2), and letting folks do a certain number of rows?

But I'm still thinking to see if I can fit this into what will be a fairly busy fall...

Renee -

I was thinking that the people in the beginning would do a few more rows, as you said the beginning goes faster. The people toward the end would do maybe 1 or 2 rows.

If the person who gets it right after me does a couple rows in one color, then changes colors, then a few more rows in another color, etc... and does a few rows like that to fill up the few days they have it, that will be about equal to the person at the end who does, say, one row.

If it gets back to me and it's still not a very large size, then I'll just keep playing with it with different colors and stitches to finish it.

I don't want to worry anyone over this - each person can contribute what makes them happy. If you get it and do one row, that's great. If you get it and do 15 rows, that's great, too.

This is a group effort, and it's all meant to have fun and be creative. I don't want to set anything "firm" except the gauge and the fact that you have to get it back out to the next person.

So please, DON'T STRESS over any of it. Honestly, if you do one row, that's great! I would rather have you happy at the end than have a HUGE blanket!

Why did the bike fall over?

A: Because he was 2 tired highlight to see

I think that it would be cool to figure out how many rows per person prior, but we could also allow those at the end two weeks (can you tell thats me, lol) to finish up. Its gonna take me longer to do two rows than someone doing 4 rows in the beginning. But if people in the beginning go row crazy then I will be in trouble! So a set number would be good even if we decide to vary it.

Aaaaaahhh. Well, I've always said a smart *ahem* is better than being a dumb*ahem*....

true dat :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

And for you Julie...you may not know me as well as you thought because there is nothing classy about me. :D

Archived