Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

Is it all right if we send toys that aren't crocheted? I have a couple stuffed animals given to me by an ex that I have to get rid of. They just make me too sad about everything when I look at them and maybe some child would be very happy with it since it wouldn't have the same sentiment attached to it for them.

edit: I am sure this has been answered somewhere within the thread but I have no clue where!

I believe Kristie is taking "like new" stuffies also. I'm sure she will pop in and let you know for sure.

Sorry about your ex...but donating the stuffies is a very sweet and generous thing to do. :manyheart

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I am hoping at any rate! They are very like new considering they have just mainly sat on my self or under my bed depending on the state of things in my room. I figure I would still make some toys but find a good place for them also.

I believe Kristie is taking "like new" stuffies also. I'm sure she will pop in and let you know for sure.

Sorry about your ex...but donating the stuffies is a very sweet and generous thing to do. :manyheart

definately!!

Gently used is always appreciated! I have had tons of these sent for the toy drives.

I was picking up beanie babies from garage sales this last summer. Most of which still had their tags on too.:D

Ok I came into this a little late and I am VERY new to this site so bear with me....would LOVE to help out though. Hope I am not too late. I don't think I can manage 52 but I will certainly shoot for 12. Is there anywhere I can find a list of the free patterns so I can get to hookin? Also, KristieMN can I get more details about the toy drive? I have family in MN (all crafters) that are web challenged but I am sure they would help out! Thanks:hug

Ok I came into this a little late and I am VERY new to this site so bear with me....would LOVE to help out though. Hope I am not too late. I don't think I can manage 52 but I will certainly shoot for 12. Is there anywhere I can find a list of the free patterns so I can get to hookin? Also, KristieMN can I get more details about the toy drive? I have family in MN (all crafters) that are web challenged but I am sure they would help out! Thanks:hug

You're not too late to join. I do believe that all are welcome here. You can set your own goal as to how many toys you would like to donate. I think most said they'd do one a month.

www.crochetpatterncentral.com is a great place to look for free patterns. KristieMN also just gave us this one: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60226&highlight=toy+drive

Here are a few threads on the last toy drive. It should give you an idea of what it's all about.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53216&highlight=toy+drive

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58398&highlight=toy+drive

You are welcome to join us! Anybody is welcome to join at any time and any goal that you set for yourself is great! Thanks for joining us.

All the toys look great!

Here is my Seth that I tested.

Seth.jpg

Pattern by EmEyeAaay

Where about in MN is family?

We live in a small town called Zimmerman...just north of the twin cities.

Thank you Eebers for the links for her to check out btw!!

Long story short, my middle daughter has had health issues for a LONG time.

She has had several short stays at the childrens hospital.

While there, she 'won' a few prizes and was able to pick out some toys.

Until this happened to my child, I really never realized the need for toys at the childrens hospital. I knew there were sick kids, but never realized how many there really are.

This next toy drive coming up, will be the third annual toy drive.

We will donate again to University of Minnesota Fairview childrens hospital.

This is where Libby (my daughter) is treated now.

It is a wonderful hospital. The staff is wonderful also.

They were so excited to get our donations this last time.

Coming in December, there will be a story about the toy drive in their hospital newspaper.

Paula will send me the link so I can post it for everyone to see.

I have often said that this project is near and dear to my heart. It always will be.

Even though Libby is doing fantastic, I can vividly remember putting her in an ambulace after she vomited blood. I can remember being scared out of my mind, sitting in the hospital, not knowing was was wrong with her.

I can remember being terrified that I was going to lose her.

I can remmber crying until there was no more tears to cry.

THIS, is why I oragnize the toy drive.

There are so many parents that are in the situation I was in, and worse.

With the toys, we are just trying to make a bad situation, a little bit better.

Where about in MN is family?

We live in a small town called Zimmerman...just north of the twin cities.

Thank you Eebers for the links for her to check out btw!!

Rogers MN and Lakeville MN. I haven't been that way in YEARS but I know its fairly close to the twin cities?

Heads up for everyone just bought a great book for this project: Mr Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful by Narumi Ogama....has really cute toy patterns and a few extras...one of the patterns in the book ( bunny in a dress ) is featured as a free pattern on Lion Brand's website.

Rogers MN and Lakeville MN. I haven't been that way in YEARS but I know its fairly close to the twin cities?

Heads up for everyone just bought a great book for this project: Mr Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful by Narumi Ogama....has really cute toy patterns and a few extras...one of the patterns in the book ( bunny in a dress ) is featured as a free pattern on Lion Brand's website.

Rogers! I will be there tomorrow.

Next time you talk to them, ask them if they go to the Sinclair gas station there> My husbands Uncle owns it. (if they dont like him, dont tell him we are related!!:lol )

Lakeville isnt far away either.

I am in Rogers on average, once a week...it is about 25 minutes away.

Small world!!

Well, I have 2 more cuties for the drive:

Here is 'Blueberry' ~ he is very shy so had to make him a buddy 'Emerald'

brainsucker.jpg

braina.jpg

And what happens when you get 2 'Australian Brain Suckers' together??

brainfritz.jpg

They attack the cat!!

i dont design, but i do love to crochet animals, dolls. please count me in to make for the toy drive 2008. things that i test will send. also will make other patterns that i have. okay. :manyheart to try to help out. thanks, nana

Would like to send a few things, don't know if I can do even 12 with all I have going on, but I will do my best. When do they have to be in and to whom are they sent?

Would like to send a few things, don't know if I can do even 12 with all I have going on, but I will do my best. When do they have to be in and to whom are they sent?

Great question!

The next toy drive will 'officially' start in June of 08. At this time I will unveil the newest patterns I have for bribery! :lol

If you are short on room, you can always mail them before next year.

I already have a box going for next year:D . I keep finding things to add to it!

PM me if you need my address.

Thank you to all who are doing this!

All the little critters look great!

Kristen

Well I had to start over on my toys. The ones I had done and shown previously plus a few more I made, got sent to my dad as he's in hospice now dying of cancer. I sent them so dad and mom could use them as "thank you's" if they wanted for the nurses, aides, etc. or whatever they wanted to do. Mom said dad fell asleep holding a few of the critters after they opened the box. So here's the new toys I've done. (Have a few more yet to sew together.)

newtoys.jpg

So still 5/24 for my goal.

Well I had to start over on my toys. The ones I had done and shown previously plus a few more I made, got sent to my dad as he's in hospice now dying of cancer. I sent them so dad and mom could use them as "thank you's" if they wanted for the nurses, aides, etc. or whatever they wanted to do. Mom said dad fell asleep holding a few of the critters after they opened the box. So here's the new toys I've done. (Have a few more yet to sew together.)

newtoys.jpg

So still 5/24 for my goal.

So sorry to hear about your dad, but that was wonderful of you to send the toys to cheer him up and to share with his care takers!

I love the new toys you made too!

I have a cradle purse (navymomx2pattern,

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7254593) , a mini monkey (Kristie's pattern, http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7114074,)

a Naked sheep(eebers pattern http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59718&highlight=naked+sheep+pattern ) , I think I have a fairy( Krisitie's pattern http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7110527 ) so 4/?

• 3 weeks later...

They all look so great! I feel like such a slacker for not making more recently. If you all only knew how chaotic things were here though I think you may understand. Anyway....they all look great, everyone is welcome to join us so spread the word, and everything on the first link has been updated.:cheer

Everyone's does look great I have a few patterns sitting here waiting to be done. I feel like a slacker too. But with Christmas coming up and everything that goes with it....I just can't seem to get caught up...But I know that I can get them all done starting the New Year!

Archived