Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

I want you all to know, I try to check this thread regularly.

Due to some ongoing health problems, it is harder to jump on some days.

I so appreciate all that you are doing for the toy drive! All the toys look fantastic!

I am getting more and more excited to deliver toys this year!

Thank you all!

Kristen

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tested this 'Lil' guy for Stormy ~ he is destined for the toy drive too, and is very excited to be picked. :cheer

lilducka.jpg?t=1203708039

Mr. Wotsit was feeling left out ~ so in he goes too.

mrwotsit-1.jpg

Now, I can't leave out the tiny turtle, his feelings would be hurt.

tillyturtle.jpg

I am being hounded by these toys to get them on their way to Kristie ~ so here they go...........

Turtle got a little pushy and jumped on owl:

toydrive.jpg

Don't forget us.........

toydrivea.jpg

Me too, me too...........

toydriveb.jpg

Okay, we are ready, close up the box.....

toydrivec.jpg

I bet y'all that I forgot about you! I didn't forget. I could never forget my fellow 'villers. I have been so busy!!!! Life has somewhat settled down and I am really back into crocheting again. I am still working on toys for the toy drive but much more slowly as I am working on samples that I am using to teach crochet classes with.

All of the toys are looking so great and everybodies #'s have been updated on the original thread.

KristieMN is going to need a semi to deliver all of these!!!!:D

Hello all! I think this is such a great idea! I love the cute pics posted already, and can't wait to add mine to it! I am just now joining, so my goal will not end up over 50, but maybe between Kirarose3 and I, we can get close. Our goal is a competition, we are seeing who can do the most before turning in. Then the loser makes the winner a toy! It'll be great fun, and in the end, we are all winning! Getting the feel good of knowing its going to make some kids smile!! :manyheart

KristieMN I do hope you are feeling better! You're going to have so much to deliver, what a gift in itself! :hug

Kirarose3 I am getting closer to finishing my kissy fishy... You better watch out! Although I am sure you will end up winning our little contest, it's going to be fun to see who can do the most between us!!:yarn

Happy hooking everyone!! :hook

2008 toy drive:

Kirarose3 1

CowsRcute35 0

Wow! I forgot that I signed up for this lol... But I sure did, and I'm glad that you posted my name on the first thread! Oish... With everything going on (we've moved twice since I posted that I would join!) I completely forgot about it. However, I would like to make some items to send. :) Here's hoping no one else forgot lol

Hugs

Victoria

Neat! I've been making cradle purses for a while, and just love how fast and easy they are. I go to Dollar General, and get the 6 pack of princess dolls that are the size of a Kelly Barbie doll, and put one in each purse, with a granny square for a blanket. They're really cute! The 6 pack of dolls is $5, and with the purse, it's just a really cute idea. Now, I just need to think of something for the boys lol... Here's a link to a pattern I love, and I hope to make up some for this! :)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52577&highlight=cradle+purse

I can't wait to get started as soon as I move out of this apartment... We're moving back home to Alabama, and so I can't say I'll have a chance to start until about early September. Great idea!

Victoria

I have gotten alittle behind between moving, and life in general. But I do have a few more to add. It has taken me a while to find my camera cord to add the new ones, but there are some that I have done for fun and put in a box and they have no home so I will be giving them to Kristie to find suitable homes for. :)

This elephant was a free pattern from crafster.

th_P1000832.jpg th_P1000826.jpg

One of Kristie's patterns.

th_P1000170.jpg th_P1000169.jpg

Peanut bunny - I think I already posted this one. It is the one I counted.

th_P1000141.jpg

A pattern I tested. She's homeless...

th_P1000078.jpg

Pocket pal - these are my homeless guys too.

th_000_0100.jpg th_000_0089.jpg

I also have some stuffies that I might add to the box if I cannot make my numbers :D

I have already committed to several things between now and Christmas but I will try for 6 crocheted toys. Did I say try - nay, I will do six toys! Good luck all crocheters on meeting your goals.:crocheting

I've been busy with a few other projects, but I really want to get back to some more little stuffed animals. I like quick projects.

I love everyone's pictures! Thanks for sharing!

:yay So here is the first guy I got done. Oh wait, let me re-phrase.. This is the first girl I got done! Now I just need to find enough yarn for my next little stuffed pal!

She looks adorable! I just picked up a pamphlet with this pattern in it on Thursday. I showed hubby your pic and he said....

"That's your Hippo....she can't do your hippo!" He's too cute :manyheart He thinks if I buy a book, it must be the only one out there and no one else can have one :P...gotta luv him :hug

• 2 weeks later...

A HUGE welcome to all the new ones joining us! I am just loving seeing all the great things that are being made for the kids! Great job everyone! Well, here is another one for me. It is Count Dorkula from crochetsal. When making him I thought I would turn Count Dorkula into Captain America apparently, since I wasn't thinking...duh...sleeves the same color as the shirt!!! I guess this just proves that even a "dork" can be a super hero! :lol

100_0780.jpg

crochetsal - Thank you for letting me test this for you and my deepest apologies for not getting it done ALOT sooner!

Everyone's #'s have been updated in the first thread.

Happy Crocheting!

Here are a couple of more toys for me. I did the little pig a while back but never posted it.

100_0697.jpg

Little Pig I tested for: Katja Heinlein

100_0781.jpg

Sugar Cookies I tested for: crochetsal

(I left off all the beads and decorations to make them safe for the little ones.)

Thanks for letting me test for you guys! They turned out great!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another one that I finished up. The pattern states it is a little bee. With the wings on like they are now, it does look like a little bee I think if you would turn them the other way it would look like a butterfly. You can find the pattern here. It is very cute and quick! Enjoy!

100_0801.jpg

I cant send in any toys. I smoke, and there's the issue of allergies. Can I have an address to send a few dollars to? So someone else can make/buy toys?

There's a few toy patterns on my web site. If anyone wants to use them for this toy drive, please do.

I am always amazed when I read this thread.

I am doing to give you guys all a sneak peak at the patterns I will be offering up when I am finished with them. I can tell you one will be a bunny in a dress!!

Thank you all again for starting this!

I will be officially kicking off the toy drive come this June.

NOW...on a separate note, I have to share with someone....

Libby goes back into the clinic this coming August for another follow up appt.

At this time, if she is doing well, they are going to discontinue one of her meds!!

She will be down to only 2 different meds, taking them 6 times a day!!

If all goes well, in another 6 months after that, they will discontinue another medication, and 6 months after that, discontinue the last,....if all goes well.

I started crying when they said this.... my little girl maybe off all her medications within 1 1/2 years!!

I am praying all goes well!!

Thanks for listening!

Archived