Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

As most of you know KristieMN is getting ready to take toys to a hospital so I am proposing a challenge for members of this site for next years (2008) toy drive, as this seems to be an annual thing. I would like the challenge (counts to start) to begin on Monday, August 13, 2007.

Here is the challenge that I am proposing. There are 52 weeks in a year, so the challenge is to make one thing/buy one thing each week to send for her toy drive for next year (2008). The 52 is my personal goal, but anything you can do I'm sure is greatly appreciated!

If you are interested in joining my challenge just post below and I will add you to this 1st post as a participant in the challenge. Then next year we will see how everyone did!

Now, you might ask - what do I get out of this? This is what you get out of it.

1. The feeling of knowing that you are making a child happy and giving them an item that was either made or bought with love and the thoughts of a great recovery for them.

2. The opportunity to try out a whole bunch of new patterns.

3. The opportunity to improve your current skills, learn a new one, or just have fun shopping.

4. Helping this to be the biggest toy drive ever!:cheer

5. Maybe, if we all ask nicely, and say pretty please with sugar on top KristieMN will be kind enough to create a pattern or two for us as an incentive to those that send something!:DShe said YES!!!!:cheer

So KristieMN, pretty please with sugar on top, and I'll even add a cherry ~ would you please add an incentive of a pattern or two for us?:DShe said YES!!!!:cheer

Designers ~ please read this.:hook

PARTICIPANTS Done/Goal

1. Midds 57/52 GOAL MET!!!

2. SHERYL 12/12 GOAL MET!!!

3. beth earthorne 10/

4. Tiga

5. slicer 12/24

6. scc51055 /12

7. LittleJadeFrog 12/12 GOAL MET!!!

8. Peggy85225 GOAL MET!!!

9. cherishedc /12

10. LadyBeBop /12

11. wiz3283 10/12

12. miller3602

13. creativepassage 6/12

14. LaurieE 1/12

15. Navymomx2 36/ GOAL MET!!!

16. threadlover -sending $

17. tlisley 2/12

18. Vicketoria

19. angelfire 15/12 GOAL MET!!!

20. peggytoes (adding freebie patterns for this toy drive too, click here!!!!)

21. eebrs 14/12 GOAL MET!!!

22. Loveragdolls /12

23. Nahvrianna 12/12 GOAL MET!!!

24. Bizzyboppers

25. munchkinflame13 /12

26. mommy2jj3604 1/12

27. butterfly girl /12

28. Handcrafter200726 /?

29. frogrockr

30. Duckie

31. christinacoghill 1/12

32. kiwikitti 1/6

33. RdDesigns 12/52

34. stitchwitch39 2/12

35. rsisland 54/52

36. barklikeaduck 38/24 GOAL MET!!!

37. msmusic 21/20 GOAL MET!!!

38. ThoseDarnPickles 1/6

39. nana 5/5 GOAL MET!!!

40. HappyOldCro

41. dragonlady 19/12 GOAL MET!!!

42. kookykatlady /52

43. kirarose3 1/?

44. cowsRcute35 1/?

45. pamshooked 1/6

46. kmeiding 2/10

47. Chiscrochetcrazy

48. CraftyGal /12

49. Mom w/a Motif 10/ GOAL MET!!!

50. CroJulee 1/5

51. fran 10/

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds great to do the toy drive, my concern is 1 toy a week, I can't afford to buy, but would love to make some, I will be working full time this fall and taking courses, so what about 1 a month and more if I can? :think

i think this is a great idea with the understanding that we all do what we are able and keep a tally.

we all love KristieMN and this is a great way to kick start her drive next year.

OH my!!!!

I am not sure what to say!!

OF COURSE I will offer some patterns!! At least 2.

52 toys is an awful lot!! :lol

You will not have to send that many to get the free patterns though!!

Let me finish up a few orders...and I will see what I can come up with for my patterns for next year.

Thank you for offering up this challange!

GREAT IDDEA!! :clap I would love to help out. I too cannot afford (time or money) to do one a week but I could strive to make 1 a month! I love to make toys and mostly they lay around my house until I find homes for them. I have made several of Kristies creations. I would love to give something back! :manyheart PM me and let me know!

I'm in but nothing as grand as 52. :eek I've already begun thinking about what to make for next year it's such fun to make things for Kristie's Kids.:cheer

A couple of things for the kids.

th_PICT0156.jpg

th_PICT0157.jpg

th_PICT0114.jpg

th_PICT0112.jpg

Okay everything is now boxed up and in the trunk ready to mail out tomorrow.

OH my!!!!

I am not sure what to say!!

OF COURSE I will offer some patterns!! At least 2.

52 toys is an awful lot!! :lol

You will not have to send that many to get the free patterns though!!

Let me finish up a few orders...and I will see what I can come up with for my patterns for next year.

Thank you for offering up this challange!

:cheer A huge THANK YOU!!! for doing this!:cheer

:manyheart The kids are going to love this!!!:manyheart

Count me in. I don't think I'll be able to make 52 toys due to my other charity projects but I can make 1 a month. I'll probably purchase toys to get it closer to the 52.

I will donate also. Kristen is a very thoughtful person. She read my post about my great niece with brain cancer and sent some of the cutest things for me to give to her, but she passed away before they got here. I sent her some money and she and her kids went shopping for things to add to her drive. I can't thank her enough for her wonderful gesture.

I don't make toys and so I will send money again.

Marcia

Kristie,

Silly question...should we just make them all up THEN mail them or send each one as they are finished?

Not a silly question at all! I know that you directed this towards KristieMN but the challenge is a personal thing to do for KrisiteMN and her toy drive. The toy drive itself is hers and she will be the one delivering all the toys. Me, personally, I am going to just keep a box and add to it each time I finish something and send the whole thing at once. I know me personally I wouldn't have room to store everything that everyone sends for a whole year!:lol

To all the new ones that have wanted to be added ~ thanks for joining us!

I'm in for 12. I could do anything this year...waaa! I really wanted to, but it jst didn't work out, hubby being unemployed this summer and all... but this is a good idea!

At just 1 toy a month I may be able to swing it...lol.

Neat! I've been making cradle purses for a while, and just love how fast and easy they are. I go to Dollar General, and get the 6 pack of princess dolls that are the size of a Kelly Barbie doll, and put one in each purse, with a granny square for a blanket. They're really cute! The 6 pack of dolls is $5, and with the purse, it's just a really cute idea. Now, I just need to think of something for the boys lol... Here's a link to a pattern I love, and I hope to make up some for this! :)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52577&highlight=cradle+purse

I can't wait to get started as soon as I move out of this apartment... We're moving back home to Alabama, and so I can't say I'll have a chance to start until about early September. Great idea!

Victoria

Archived