Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

How about other's adding ORIGINAL TOY PATTERNS for use in the toy drive??? As soon as I have my TO-DO list whittled down I will begin making toys, but I will commit to at least 3 toy patterns -freebies which I will post

as soon as they are ready; here and elsewhere, to use for the drive.

DO YOU OR KRISTIE KNOW WHAT TOY IS THE MOST POPULAR?? Maybe

some BOY TOY patterns would be good, since most are geared toward girls.

LET ME KNOW!!! PEGGY

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about other's adding ORIGINAL TOY PATTERNS for use in the toy drive??? As soon as I have my TO-DO list whittled down I will begin making toys, but I will commit to at least 3 toy patterns -freebies which I will post

LET ME KNOW!!! PEGGY

WOW!!

Thank you so much Peggy! I would love that!!

Thank you so much!

I am brainstorming up some ideas for next years pattern.

Wish me luck!!

I've been watching this thread and can't resist joining. 52 is probably more than I can do, but I'm willing to do at least 1 a month.

I too would love to hear what types of toys are most popular with the kids -especially the boys!

LET ME KNOW!!! PEGGY

:)I've always wanted to make a Super Mario with his Kart!!! Using... what else? Milk lids as the wheels.... I'll see if I can't do that one up and

AMY???? ARE YOU THERE?.... is this possible???... I wouldn't be selling it... just donating the pattern for use only for the donaters to Krisite's toy drive... I'll have to pm you.

I also would love to design some animals with riders.

Also... Kristie... would game type crochet items be okay? Trying to think

BOY here! I'll keep thinking!! Peggy

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think I would like to join in on this one. I am always pressed for time, but will surely try to do as many as possible. Making toys is a passion and so is donating to kids hospitals.

What type of crocheted toys are you looking for? I make teethers and some stuffed toys. Do they need to be any specific size or made of any specific materials? I have a bunch of acrylic I need to use up. LMK. I don't think I could do 52 since DD#2 is due Sept 14th and that will be a big change for me, DH and DD#1, but I can make at least 1 a month and have a bunch already made that I can donate as well. :D

I have a small 'castle bag' pattern that I made to go with these finger puppets created by Melissa Mall: http://www.crochetme.com/Aug_Sept_2005/patt_finger_puppets.html This is also posted on my blog under "My Patterns".

I will also be posting a new design for little boys in the next month on my blog...but Em's(eebrs) little boy will be the recipient of this toy in the C'Ville Toy Swap and I don't want to spoil the surprise for her. Once she receives her package, I will post the design for everyone else to use. Would that be ok?

Hope I can help out with designing if you have space for me...:)

:)I've always wanted to make a Super Mario with his Kart!!! Using... what else? Milk lids as the wheels.... I'll see if I can't do that one up and

AMY???? ARE YOU THERE?.... is this possible???... I wouldn't be selling it... just donating the pattern for use only for the donaters to Krisite's toy drive... I'll have to pm you.

I also would love to design some animals with riders.

Also... Kristie... would game type crochet items be okay? Trying to think

BOY here! I'll keep thinking!! Peggy

Peggy, trademark law applies equally whether you're making a profit or not. In order to distribute this pattern or have it affiliated with Crochetville in any way, you'd need to get permission from the copyright holder. You could contact the attorney of record for Nintendo to secure permission. Contact info can be found on the US Patent and Trademark site for the trademark for "Super Mario."

Peggy, trademark law applies equally whether you're making a profit or not. In order to distribute this pattern or have it affiliated with Crochetville in any way, you'd need to get permission from the copyright holder. You could contact the attorney of record for Nintendo to secure permission. Contact info can be found on the US Patent and Trademark site for the trademark for "Super Mario."

THANKS SO MUCH AMY!!! I WILL GO SEE IF I CAN SECURE PERMISSION

FOR USE FOR DONATED ITEMS!!!!!!! I'll post results ASAP!!! Peggy

Um..I don't know if this is appropriate or not..but I have several "Pokemon" characters designed into crochet patterns on my blog. My son is absolutely insane over them and they are free for anyone to use. Maybe they would be useful to make for little boys?

I also have a small 'castle bag' pattern that I made to go with these finger puppets created by Melissa Mall: http://www.crochetme.com/Aug_Sept_2005/patt_finger_puppets.html This is also posted on my blog under "My Patterns".

I will also be posting a new design for little boys in the next month on my blog...but Em's(eebrs) little boy will be the recipient of this toy in the C'Ville Toy Swap and I don't want to spoil the surprise for her. Once she receives her package, I will post the design for everyone else to use. Would that be ok?

Now I'm really curious. Thanks for keeping it a surprise though! It's difficult making something for a boy. Even when you know what they like.

Now I'm really curious. Thanks for keeping it a surprise though! It's difficult making something for a boy. Even when you know what they like.

I crochet snakes for little boys, but I don't know if that would be the type of toys that are being asked for here. The snakes I make are about 12" long with a forked tongue. Do you think this type of toy would be welcome? Are there any specific size or type of toys that are being looked for for the toy drive?

I crochet snakes for little boys, but I don't know if that would be the type of toys that are being asked for here. The snakes I make are about 12" long with a forked tongue. Do you think this type of toy would be welcome? Are there any specific size or type of toys that are being looked for for the toy drive?

Judging from the pictures of all the donated items, it would be just fine. The toys seemed to be a big variety, both small and large. I've been tempted to try a snake pattern that I've seen here. There aren't many boys that don't love snakes -DH included!

Judging from the pictures of all the donated items, it would be just fine. The toys seemed to be a big variety, both small and large. I've been tempted to try a snake pattern that I've seen here. There aren't many boys that don't love snakes -DH included!

I think most kids like snakes. My dd and my neice both love theirs.

Um..I don't know if this is appropriate or not..but I have several "Pokemon" characters designed into crochet patterns on my blog. My son is absolutely insane over them and they are free for anyone to use. Maybe they would be useful to make for little boys?

I also have a small 'castle bag' pattern that I made to go with these finger puppets created by Melissa Mall: http://www.crochetme.com/Aug_Sept_2005/patt_finger_puppets.html This is also posted on my blog under "My Patterns".

ATTENTION: FROM AMY's post ....

Trademark law applies equally whether you're making a profit or not. In order to distribute this pattern or have it affiliated with Crochetville in any way, you'd need to get permission from the copyright holder. You could contact the attorney of record for Nintendo to secure permission. Contact info can be found on the US Patent and Trademark site for the trademark for "Super Mario."

What type of crocheted toys are you looking for? I make teethers and some stuffed toys. Do they need to be any specific size or made of any specific materials? I have a bunch of acrylic I need to use up. LMK. I don't think I could do 52 since DD#2 is due Sept 14th and that will be a big change for me, DH and DD#1, but I can make at least 1 a month and have a bunch already made that I can donate as well. :D

:cheer More crocheters to join the rest of us!!:cheer

Any crochet toys are fine. They are for infants to 17 yrs old I believe. No specific size or materials. Whatever you make I'm sure will be great. I just sent a box for this years toy drive that measured about 3/4" up to about 12" tall. Just have a good time and do what you can.:hook Any number of toys would be really appreciated! 52 was just my personal goal.:eek:D

Trademark law applies equally whether you're making a profit or not. In order to distribute this pattern or have it affiliated with Crochetville in any way, you'd need to get permission from the copyright holder. You could contact the attorney of record for Nintendo to secure permission. Contact info can be found on the US Patent and Trademark site for the trademark for "Super Mario."

Okey doke! Thanks!

I have removed reference to the Pokemon characters from my original post until I have received the permission from the Pokemon people to distribute these patterns. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

I have removed reference to the Pokemon characters from my original post until I have received the permission from the Pokemon people to distribute these patterns. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

BIZZYBOPPERS:

It's too bad that we can't share (not sell) designs of all this cute stuff that is trademarked. SIGH! I've tried before to get permission and have never come up with a response yet. I'm waiting for permission from Nintendo/Super Mario at the moment! If I can't get permission, I may just design a generic little go-cart with rider.

Archived