Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

BIZZYBOPPERS:

It's too bad that we can't share (not sell) designs of all this cute stuff that is trademarked. SIGH! I've tried before to get permission and have never come up with a response yet. I'm waiting for permission from Nintendo/Super Mario at the moment! If I can't get permission, I may just design a generic little go-cart with rider.

So you can sell trademarked items if you make the pattern up yourself but you can't share the pattern? Is that how it works? I am not trying to be a smartbutt. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you can sell trademarked items if you make the pattern up yourself but you can't share the pattern? Is that how it works? I am not trying to be a smartbutt. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

I doubt that you could sell them either. I believe that as long as someone else holds the copyright, you can't ditribute, sell, or share anything with that design, image, idea, etc unless you have permission from the copyright holder.

I doubt that you could sell them either. I believe that as long as someone else holds the copyright, you can't ditribute, sell, or share anything with that design, image, idea, etc unless you have permission from the copyright holder.

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND ... Crochetville will not allow anything sold,

or posted for free HERE on the VILLE because it's against copyright laws.

If a person wanted to design some patterns and share between friends,

that's one thing, but to actually post them for any and everyone on the

internet, magazine, book, etc.... it's illegal. AMY... correct me if I'm

wrong.

I am delivering the toys from this toydrive tomorrow!

Belive it or not, I am nervous!! :D

We are loading up the truck this evening.

I will let everyone know how it goes!!

kristen

I am delivering the toys from this toydrive tomorrow!

Belive it or not, I am nervous!! :D

We are loading up the truck this evening.

I will let everyone know how it goes!!

kristen

The toys that are being delivered are from the 2007 drive just so everyone knows. This challenge is for the 2008 toy drive so keep signing up!:hook

I wish I had found this site sooner!!! I help with a fundraiser at my school every year for the children's hospital in Atlanta!! If you do this again next year I will definately donate what I can! Really Great Cause!!!

I wish I had found this site sooner!!! I help with a fundraiser at my school every year for the children's hospital in Atlanta!! If you do this again next year I will definately donate what I can! Really Great Cause!!!

:) This challenge is for next year (2008). KristieMN just finished collecting toys for the 2007 toy drive. So come on in the yarn is soft and we have lots of hooks, and there are even going to be free patterns! KristieMN has said that she will do a couple and peggytoes committed to 3 freebies!:hook

Just a quick question. Shall we share pictures of the toys that we finish? I'd love to see the donation pile growing. Just a thought.

I agree..I'd love to see pictures as the projects finish. I've got an owl already and 3/4 of a turtle done:hook

Just a quick question. Shall we share pictures of the toys that we finish? I'd love to see the donation pile growing. Just a thought.

Sounds great! I would really also like to see everyone post where they got the patterns from. That would be awesome! Great Suggestion!

PM me with your count and I will post it behind your name and I can't wait to see everyone's pics!

I just got back from a very busy vacation! I had a camera stolen late last year and haven't been able to replace it. While in NJ my dad bought me a new one! So now I can click! click! click!

I have to finish my tote, then I will start on my toys! I have a x-mas craft show coming up in Nov so I will get them both done together. I can't wait!

Yay:clap I finally got around to taking a picture of one of my toys today. I do not know how to post a thumbnail picture :think so you'll have to click on the link. Please let me know if it doens't work :eek

http://flickr.com/photos/courteneygriffin/1134830348/in/set-72157600730184934/

My Owl:hook

This is such a great idea! I wish it was possible to organise the similar thing here in Bosnia...... Anyway, it would be too expensive for me to send the toys but I think I'll be able to contribute with some free patterns. I'll check back this thread and let you know as soon as I have something interesting.

This is such a great idea! I wish it was possible to organise the similar thing here in Bosnia...... Anyway, it would be too expensive for me to send the toys but I think I'll be able to contribute with some free patterns. I'll check back this thread and let you know as soon as I have something interesting.

That sounds great! Thanks so much!:hook

Archived