Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome CraftyGal! I added you to the first post with a goal of 12. This is so much fun to see all the great toys that are being donated.

There is still time to be a part of this challenge! Come one, come all to join us in this great adventure!

Welcome CraftyGal! I added you to the first post with a goal of 12. This is so much fun to see all the great toys that are being donated.

There is still time to be a part of this challenge! Come one, come all to join us in this great adventure!

My hope is to do 2 of each item. You see we have a charity called Santa's anonymous here in Edmonton, AB. It is run by a local radio station and I contribute every year. I am already thinking of some designs that I want to do. I will get them started next month as I have to design a knitted bag and it has a due date.

Cora

• 2 weeks later...

My Happy Cow from Sanda makes number 52! :yay I made my goal!!!!

I was able to test out this great cow and it turned out so cute! He reminds me of the cow on Barnyard. Thanks for letting me test this for you!

Happy Cow by Sanda

100_0875.jpg

My Happy Cow from Sanda makes number 52! :yay I made my goal!!!!

I was able to test out this great cow and it turned out so cute! He reminds me of the cow on Barnyard. Thanks for letting me test this for you!

Happy Cow by Sanda

100_0875.jpg

Congrats for reaching your goal. I'm impressed! Your hook must be smokin'! :hook

Any time I post if there is a link to where the pattern is available I will hyperlink it. Just click on Sanda's name in post # 281 and it will take you to her etsy store where the pattern is available. :hook

Hmmm :think

Go to an advanced search here on the 'ville and search for sanda and then try to click on the link in her signature. If that doesn't work, pm me with your email addy and I will get in touch with her for you and she can contact you then. :hook

CONGRATS!!!

I might be halfway to my goal.

Do you know when Kristie starts collecting the toys?

What type of crocheted toys are you looking for? I make teethers and some stuffed toys. Do they need to be any specific size or made of any specific materials? I have a bunch of acrylic I need to use up. LMK. I don't think I could do 52 since DD#2 is due Sept 14th and that will be a big change for me, DH and DD#1, but I can make at least 1 a month and have a bunch already made that I can donate as well. :D

Any type of toys as long as they are safe for children are great! Whatever you feel is a goal for you is great and any amount is greatly appreciated! :hook

This is such a great idea! I wish it was possible to organise the similar thing here in Bosnia...... Anyway, it would be too expensive for me to send the toys but I think I'll be able to contribute with some free patterns. I'll check back this thread and let you know as soon as I have something interesting.

Free Patterns? Did another person say free patterns? Woohoo!!!! :yay

Sounds fun! I have never crocheted toys before so I don't know how long it will take me to do one. So at this time no number goal for me. Just a goal of doing what I can and having the toys turn out right. ;) I'll try to add a number goal latter after I have a better idea of what I can do. Can't wait to get started. :yay

-Ann

Just wanting to check in with you to see how it is going for you. Everything ok? We would love to see some pics if you can. I am sure you are doing great! (If you do have any questions or need help any of us I'm sure would be willing to help you along.)

I will make a minimum of 12 toys. Also, I was going to send some crocheted ornaments to my sister. I will see if I can convert them to toys. I will be going through my patterns and looking for suitable items. Do you know if bookmarks are ok. I love reading and always try and encourage it in children. I have the patterns with animal heads.

Bookmarks are great! Kids love bookmarks.

CONGRATS!!!

I might be halfway to my goal.

Do you know when Kristie starts collecting the toys?

Anytime you are ready to send them off just pm Kristie for her mailing address and she will supply you with that info.

Well, I have gone through all of the posts and updated the first thread to reflect everything that I have found in this thread. If I missed anything please let me know and I will fix it. We would love to see pictures of what everyone is making.

Anyone who wishes to join us is welcome! What ever you can do to join in and donate would be great! Let's make this the biggest toy drive Kristie has seen! :D

I have misplaced my camera... pretty annoyed about that, and I know I took pics of the toys I made already. I might have to steal my boyfriends camera to get pics of the ones I've finished.

I have a total of 5 toys completed! Thought I had at least another one, but must have been mistaken.

slicer ~ thanks for letting us know. I'm sure you will post pics when you have a camera. :hook

angelfire ~ the toys look great! Thanks for posting the pics!

sanda has her free patterns to use for the toy drive up on her site. (She pm'd me with this information.)

I have to admit I forgot about this thread. (I didn't forget about Kristie's Toy Drive, though!) I guess I didn't post a picture here yet of the toys I am sending. I commited to two, right? :think (I hope so, cuz that's all I have so far!) I will try to do some more, though. To put it in a nutshell, I have been going to the doctor's a lot, dentist, and planning a trip besides trying to homeschool the kids, since we moved here 7 months ago (that in itself was enough stress!)... :P These are the two I have (Kristie's sea creature I tested for her, and one of my love bugs):

th_SUNP00011-1.jpg

th_SUNP0012-2.jpg

I am going to try and make some more on my trip and/or when I get back.

Tina

this is the one I did today. It is one of Kristie's patterns Bumble Bunz

IMG_1772_edited.jpg

Looks good! :hook I will add another to your total.

I have to admit I forgot about this thread. (I didn't forget about Kristie's Toy Drive, though!) I guess I didn't post a picture here yet of the toys I am sending. I commited to two, right? :think (I hope so, cuz that's all I have so far!) I will try to do some more, though. To put it in a nutshell, I have been going to the doctor's a lot, dentist, and planning a trip besides trying to homeschool the kids, since we moved here 7 months ago (that in itself was enough stress!)... :P These are the two I have (Kristie's sea creature I tested for her, and one of my love bugs):

th_SUNP00011-1.jpg

th_SUNP0012-2.jpg

I am going to try and make some more on my trip and/or when I get back.

Tina

I couldn't find a goal for you but already had you down for 2. Is this 2 more or are you still at 2. I think we all understand how life gets busy and anything that you are able to donate would be great! Your toys look great! Thanks.

Archived