Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I tested crochetsal's zebra gift bag. Stuffed it to make it into a pillow and made sure all pieces were safe for all ages. Adding this to Kristie's box :manyheart

th_IM000895.jpg

th_IM000894.jpg

Wow! A chance to help out a wonderful designer and a bunch of kids. Count me in. I'm not sure how many I will get done but will do my best.

Thanks for the oppurtuity to help out.

Not crocheted....

I like to use this Barbie fabric when I am testing out new patterns. I have two reversible hats made that I am going to add to the box. Here is a pic of one:

th_IM000900.jpg

th_IM000899.jpg

These go quick. I will probably make a few others in boy colors too. I am trying to get the sizes right for the little ones. So far, the first one fit me and the second one fit my 8 year old son. He keeps asking me when I plan on making something for a boy because he is tired of trying on all the girlie stuff :lol

Robin..those hats are great!!

Tracy...did you see this?? Your story link....

Page 11. The story links to this post!

Just to let everyone know, I have been under the weather with some heart probs. I am hoping to catch up on everything today.

Sorry to hear that...Hope you get better Real Soon. Don't want you to overdo stuff.

jaye

Robin..those hats are great!!

Tracy...did you see this?? Your story link....

Page 11. The story links to this post!

Just to let everyone know, I have been under the weather with some heart probs. I am hoping to catch up on everything today.

I hadn't seen the story before. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

Hope you feel better soon!

I messed up, have been making toys, but never came in to post any pics, been so busy in other Cals and stuff. Will definitely post this Friday when camera comes out for other pics. Sorry guys, my bad.

Thanks, Robin (for the link to this thread). I was going to say that I just posted my pattern for an ami love bug. If anyone wants to make one for the toy drive you are welcome to. I haven't tested it; although I have made two so far, and the only thing I have had a problem with is the heart for the body....

Tina

Sheryl, your cat looks just like my old cat Mercedes! (Well almost just like... her white on her nose was a little different.) :c9 We called her Mert for short. She was the best cat. She would lay on my bed like she was a Queen lol. (Oh and your toys are cute, too.) :P

Well, I have 2 more cuties for the drive:

Here is 'Blueberry' ~ he is very shy so had to make him a buddy 'Emerald'

brainsucker.jpg

braina.jpg

And what happens when you get 2 'Australian Brain Suckers' together??

brainfritz.jpg

They attack the cat!!

Thanks, Robin (for the link to this thread). I was going to say that I just posted my pattern for an ami love bug. If anyone wants to make one for the toy drive you are welcome to. I haven't tested it; although I have made two so far, and the only thing I have had a problem with is the heart for the body....

Tina

Thanks for the pattern. I think it is so cute!

Thanks Robin. I made a blue one, too. I just haven't taken a picture of him yet. I want to make one of each, in a bunch of different colors. Greens, purples, yellow/orange...

(Finally took a picture.... here are the Mr. & Mrs having a spot of tea... :lol I never had a tea set when I was little! Just mud and bugs... :P)

th_SUNP0006-6.jpg

Tina

Tina your love bugs are too cute! I told myself that I wasn't going to add another item to my LONG to do list...but you won me over :).

add 6 more toys to my list. I tested these for Stormy:

th_IM000989.jpg

th_IM000948-2.jpg

th_IM000949-1.jpg

I finaly got a chance to get a toy made. Now I'm on a search for my next toy to make. I just finished an octopus and I'm not sure what I want to make next. Hmmm. Making that toy for a child felt realy good. Thanks kristie

Tested this for Mysterious Ways:

th_IM000015.jpg

Pierre the Penguin

I made a decision that each toy I test will go towards the toy drive...

What a cute penguin!

I love all the toys you all are making for kristie's toy drive. they are great!

just wanted to let you know that my friend, cowsRcute35 and I have a contest going for the toy drive. the loser, the one who makes the least toys, has to make a toy for the winner. Doing this toy drive is already fun, this will just add more fun and encurrage us to make more toys. CowsRcute makes the cutest things, I want to win so I can get one of her toys. however I think she crochets faster and can even crochet and hit every stitch with her eyes closed.

any ways, just wanted to let you know about our contest and tel you all great job!

Archived