Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am always amazed when I read this thread.

I am doing to give you guys all a sneak peak at the patterns I will be offering up when I am finished with them. I can tell you one will be a bunny in a dress!!

Thank you all again for starting this!

I will be officially kicking off the toy drive come this June.

NOW...on a separate note, I have to share with someone....

Libby goes back into the clinic this coming August for another follow up appt.

At this time, if she is doing well, they are going to discontinue one of her meds!!

She will be down to only 2 different meds, taking them 6 times a day!!

If all goes well, in another 6 months after that, they will discontinue another medication, and 6 months after that, discontinue the last,....if all goes well.

I started crying when they said this.... my little girl maybe off all her medications within 1 1/2 years!!

I am praying all goes well!!

Thanks for listening!

:yay That's wonderful news! I hope all goes well for your daughter!

I am always amazed when I read this thread.

I am doing to give you guys all a sneak peak at the patterns I will be offering up when I am finished with them. I can tell you one will be a bunny in a dress!!

Thank you all again for starting this!

I will be officially kicking off the toy drive come this June.

NOW...on a separate note, I have to share with someone....

Libby goes back into the clinic this coming August for another follow up appt.

At this time, if she is doing well, they are going to discontinue one of her meds!!

She will be down to only 2 different meds, taking them 6 times a day!!

If all goes well, in another 6 months after that, they will discontinue another medication, and 6 months after that, discontinue the last,....if all goes well.

I started crying when they said this.... my little girl maybe off all her medications within 1 1/2 years!!

I am praying all goes well!!

Thanks for listening!

Awesome news all the way around. Prayer's going your way for Libby that all goes well!!

Can't wait to see the sneak preview of the new patterns coming up.

The June kick off, is that when you want us to get ready to start sending you our toys?

Thanks so much on the updates

:yay Another FO for the toy drive. I tested this pattern and it's another winner! Excellent!

For mine I chose bright colors with a couple of accents. Mainly Blue accent but then added in the Red for a few reasons. Reason #1 I ran out of blue! But secondly needed another brighter color.

Raspberry Clouds by Navymomx2

100_0808.jpg

100_0806.jpg

(Oops! - After I took this picture I noticed that the red edging on the top of the cradle was tucked inside. There is another round of red edging that is on the top of the cradle and hooking onto the hood part.)

One down! I have another teddy bear in pieces and was about to have to take his little torso to the store to get yarn that would match the veriagated I made him in but luckily I found some more of his color. But till this... here is this little guy

2383833379_977f27f460_m.jpg

UPDATE: I have been so busy I am struggling to meet my goal! Here is what is coming between now and the deadline. We moved recently, still unpacking. We are expecting our first child in May (weekly ultrasounds as there are a few small problems but she will be ok) Preparing to move shortly after the baby comes. With all of the doctors appointments, baby showers, unpacking and repacking, I've been struggling to get one thing done! I would like to update my goal to 6 if possible. 1 of which I have completed already. Will post a pic soon. Thanks! Sorry I couldn't help out more! :blush

UPDATE: I have been so busy I am struggling to meet my goal! Here is what is coming between now and the deadline. We moved recently, still unpacking. We are expecting our first child in May (weekly ultrasounds as there are a few small problems but she will be ok) Preparing to move shortly after the baby comes. With all of the doctors appointments, baby showers, unpacking and repacking, I've been struggling to get one thing done! I would like to update my goal to 6 if possible. 1 of which I have completed already. Will post a pic soon. Thanks! Sorry I couldn't help out more! :blush

Congrats about the baby!

Don't worry about not being able to help more, every little bit helps!

Do not worry about not making your original goal. Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated. I think everyone is pretty understanding about life and sometimes it just has a mind of its own and it takes over. Good Luck to you! :hug

Here are some more for me to add to my box of toys to be sent.

First is an Alien & Spaceship that I tested for eebrs. Absolutely adorable and quick; nice scrap project!

100_0809.jpg100_0810.jpg

This monkey was also tested for eebrs. This little monkey gives this pattern 2 thumbs up!

100_0819.jpg

These little birds were tested for neatlytangled. Very quick, scrap project. Since there are 2 nests with birds in them I am counting them as 2 toys to meet my goal.

100_0811.jpg100_0812.jpg

The Mighty & Ferocious Dragon was tested for miller3602. This has got to be the tiniest dragon, possibly amiguri, I have made! Such a cute darling little dragon.

100_0818.jpg

Here is a little fox that I found on the internet here.

100_0815.jpg

Here is a Bitty Baby pattern that I found on the internet here.

100_0814.jpg

Here is a bear pattern from Dina, right here on the 'ville.

100_0817.jpg

And lastly for now, a fairy kitty found here on the internet.

100_0820.jpg

Wonderful job on all the toys!

I picked up a few little easter chicks and a bunny or two for 37 cents at the grocery store the other day. I'll be sending them along with the toys that I've managed to make... not sure I'll meet my goal either, guess I should find some patterns to try out and get myself organized... that may help!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 6 more toys I am done with.

Mama & Baby Owl tested for sanda

100_0829.jpg

(I am counting this as 2 toys.)

Mini Stuffed Airplane I found on the internet here.

100_0831.jpg

These are 3 of the 4 Holiday Friends that I tested for eebrs. I am still making Santa. When I am done I will post it.

100_0832.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0834.jpg

(This little elf has red hair in the spirit of Christmas plus the fact that I didn't have any brown for the hair! :lol)

More toys are on their way to make children happy! :D

First we have Santa. He is the 4th of the Holiday Friends pattern by eebrs.

100_0837.jpg

Next is Little Boo Boo Bear. I found the pattern on the internet but cannot post the link because it is archived. You should be able to find the pattern by searching for Little Boo Boo Bear on Google. The dress is from the same designer.

100_0838.jpg

This is a boy monster baby & his blankie. (He is not attached to the blankie.) This pattern is from djonesgirlz on etsy.

100_0839.jpg

And here he is all wrapped up keeping nice and snuggly warm.

100_0840.jpg

Here is his sister & her blankie. (She also is not attached to her blankie.) This pattern is also from djonesgirlz on etsy.

100_0842.jpg

And here she is all wrapped up keeping nice and snuggly warm.

100_0843.jpg

I've decided I'm joining in! My goal right now is 10 but I hope to get more than that.

Wow everyones toys are just fabulous :cheer I plan to send toys for the toy drive I think I did last yr or the yr before lol Time escapes me sometimes :blush I allready have lots made up from testing patterns & just making toys in general. Keep up the good work everyone :clap

• 4 weeks later...

If you donated a pattern to me to use for the toy drive, the desiner's challenge thread has been updated with all those that donated. Please note that some of the designers have donated more than one pattern to me. Any patterns found for free on the internet were not listed in the designers challenge. If you check out my new website (in my signature) you will see that the donators are listed with links to their sites/etsy stores too.

Sorry I've been AWOL since the move really. I made it back to Albuquerque with my daughter safe and sound. My divorce date is July 2nd and I"m throwing a party when that happens. I got a job out here that I've been at for the past month now and I've been busy crocheting booties for bulk orders and such. I'm sorry I have not updated anything on here in a while but my goal is still the same and I still insist on making it to there by august! I have no new pictures as I have not been able to do anything for the toy drive lately but I have not forgotten about it. Great job Midds on continuing to make so many cute little creatures! :manyheart

Archived