Crochetville Challenge - Toy Drive; GOALS ARE BEING MET!!!

Midds

Finally found out from Nintendo today that I cannot donate a Super Mario

and Kart crochet pattern for the drive or even sell one WITH their permission ... they have TOO many requests to deal with it , sooooooo.... I have opted to just do a COOL KID in a COOL KART with COOL WHEELS that really TURN for the drive! Will be working on it as soon as my Camels and Christmas potholders are done..... had major problems with my eyes and have had a hard time wanting to do anything like crocheting and art lately. Sorry I've been soooo behind, but am hoping to be done with the potholders and camels shortly. THANKS FOR THE PATIENCE EVERYONE!!!

To Do List:

1. Xmas Potholders

2. Camels

3. Kid in Go Cart for Kristie's Drive

4. Huge Dragon for a kid's bed

5. Large but very detailed FAIRY

6. Castle - miniature

7. Miniature Baby (like the sculpted ones)

8. Gourmet Crochet Nativity that I bought made up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so far behind. I only have 1 done so far. Maybe over the Christmas break I can get some more made.

I will make a minimum of 12 toys. Also, I was going to send some crocheted ornaments to my sister. I will see if I can convert them to toys. I will be going through my patterns and looking for suitable items. Do you know if bookmarks are ok. I love reading and always try and encourage it in children. I have the patterns with animal heads.

finally got the camera battery charged. Here's the other 7 toys I did. So I'm up to 12 out of 24, half way there.

2toys.jpg

oops jellyfish fell down in the picture, lol

Adorable!

Thanks for the link. I love the nose on yours. It looks so real. How did you do that? The original pattern has a flat nose. (Sadly, I'm one of those people who need instructions.)

I am very behind, but I am done with a major project, I should havemydaughter in a new placein Januarysometime , that means more time for crocheting for charity. Iam looking forwardto the penquin pattern too.

PENGUIN PATTERN IS DONE BEING TESTED!!! IF YOU WANT A LOOK AT

IT AND WANT TO GET IT FOR FREE ... READ THE CONDITIONS FOR THE

FREEBIE AT:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1053736#post1053736

Thanks for the link. I love the nose on yours. It looks so real. How did you do that? The original pattern has a flat nose. (Sadly, I'm one of those people who need instructions.)

Which part of the nose? The muzzle is the same as the pattern. You could add stuffing to make it stick out more, but I didn't. For the black part of the nose I embroidered it with black yarn -a triangle and an upside-down T.

FOR THOSE WANTING THE FREE PENGUIN PATTERN ... PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY HAVE SENT ITEMS TO KRISTEN IN THE PAST, HAVE ITEMS READY TO GO AND HAVE POSTED PICTURES OR

MUST SEND SOMETHING IN FOR THE UPCOMING DRIVE TO BE ABLE TO GET THE FREE PATTERN.

YOU CAN PM /EMAIL EITHER KRISTEN OR I FOR THE PATTERN!

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!! PEGGY

Two more toys! I'm at 8/12. I may have to increase my goal!

:lol

th_DSCF6336.jpg

On the left is Lionbrand's penguin and on the right is Peggytoe's penguin. It's a great pattern. I didn't have enough eyelash yarn so I did it in ww and I left it a little plain hoping it would be a little more gender-neutral.

Your muzzle somehow looks different and I can't figure out what you did. It doesn't look flat in the photo.

Two more toys! I'm at 8/12. I may have to increase my goal!

:lol

th_DSCF6336.jpg

On the left is Lionbrand's penguin and on the right is Peggytoe's penguin. It's a great pattern. I didn't have enough eyelash yarn so I did it in ww and I left it a little plain hoping it would be a little more gender-neutral.

GREAT JOB ON BOTH - TOO CUTE!! THANKS FOR POSTING!!!

Your muzzle somehow looks different and I can't figure out what you did. It doesn't look flat in the photo.

I stuffed the starting tail inside as I sewed it on. I might have sewed the base closer together so that it sticks out more. Does that help? :think

Well I've had fun the past couple of days. :hook Made a bunch of worms and hedgehogs from these patterns Then made a few bugs on my own. Also a couple of coiled snakes, and baby snake and then one on the back right is a baby snake keychain. My goal was 24 toys but I have 38 done so far. Lol, I'll have to change my goal now won't I.

morefortoydrive.jpg

Archived