Pretty in Pink

Chatty

I made this poncho for our pastor's daughter, she's the sister of the one I'm making a baby blanket for. She saw me wearing a capelet a couple of weeks ago and wanted one. Since the weather's warming up nicely I decided to make the Lion Brand granny poncho but use Red Heart Soft Baby yarn and a J hook. I had to add some to the starting chain and add a few more rounds to make up for the lighter yarn and it turned out really pretty.

She's going to be tickled pink, I think. ;) Pink is her favorite color and she wanted two different shades. I used Pinkie and Powder Pink.

I think I might make me one too in blue instead of pink, I don't look as good in pink as she does.

pinkponcho5ck.th.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'm sure she'll love it, I showed it to her mom yesterday at church and she assured me that Carmen will love it. It wasn't quite finished yet so I couldn't leave it with her but I will give it to her Wednsday so she can give it to Carmen since she lives in a different town now and only gets back here most weekends.

:frog

wow you did a great job, she is going to:manyheart it. if she don't I do (hint hint):blush :blush what a nice thing to do for the child too, how old she again? keep up the good work.:hug vicki

I love it! It is very pretty! Anything with pink is always a winner! It seems like everyone is agreeing that its :tup :tup on this one!

Archived