Tan Purse

artemis

Here's a little tan purse I made. I used fiber I bought in June at Herrscherner's warehouse sale. The solid tan is Lino by Lana Grossa. It's a cotton and linen mix from Italy...but was very inexpensive. The secondary color is Moda Dea's Fresh in "Wheaty". I made up my pattern as I went along while looking at several books of purse patterns to get ideas. TanPurseforCVJuly07.jpgTanPurseLiningforCVJuly07.jpg

looks great. those little lines and beads add a sophisticated feel that wouldn't be there without them.

Gorgeous purse! I love what you did with the handles. Would you be willing to share how you made them? They would work really well on my WIP bag.:)

THANKS!

I used my little plastic spool knitter...you know the thing with the four little nails that kids use. I "knitted" a long, long cord of the tan fiber. I made it long enough so I could double and twist the cord. Then I used the contrasting fiber and chained a length that was as long as the doubled, twisted cord. I had thought to also make a cord of the contrasting color, but it is a novelty yarn and difficult to work with. Then I simply twisted the two fibers together with a small tight knot at each end and sewed about an inch of the cord inside the bag. Let me know if it works for you.

• 2 months later...

So classy and sedate on outside, but loooovvvveee that secret wild inside.

I have some fuzzy tiger print material, too small for any large project, but would work as a lining. It does give your purse a great look. Thanks for the idea!!!

Archived