Comfort shawl x 2

crochetrae

I made this shawl for my sister who is having surgery next month. Thought it would be sort of a comfort thing.

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1562_DSCF1562.jpg

But it's way too small. It's only 50x25, which is what the pattern said, but I found it too small. I used a sport weight on it. I got the pattern from here http://crochet.about.com/b/a/257591.htm

So I started searching and came up with this one

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1564_DSCF1564.jpg

I love it much much better! I got the pattern here

http://www.womansday.com/home/6718/summers-coolest-accessory

I used Sirdar Breeze, which is cotton/acrylic DK. It is sooooooo soft. This one is 72/38, which will fit her size much better and she can wrap up in it. Sure hope she likes it. It's on display at the LYS until I leave for KC in a couple of weeks to take it to her.

Both are very pretty. I especially like the first one. Triangular shawls always seem tricky to me. They need to be wider at the top, but they always seem to come out to be a long pointy triangle instead of a flat one.

They're both beautiful!! But I like the one with the "rose"(one of my favorite flowers--I have about 20 rose bushes in both my front and back yards). You did a really great job!!:hook

great job on both of them she will love them i am sure, i have a question for ya, what are you going to do with the one you made that is to small? would you sell it? just wondering :D:D

You do such gorgeous filet crochet! Both of those shawls are lovely but I like the rose the best. Thanks for the tip about the cotton/poly blend yarn. I really like that combination in fiber and will check it out.

I especially love the heart one. I wonder if you made it in worsted weight instead of sport weight if it would be any larger. I think I'm going to try that one. I think it is great you chose those for comfort shawls. Super job.

Impeccable work on both pieces! :cheer So far I haven't felt motivated to try filet crochet, but your shawls are starting to make me feel that I might be up for the challenge here soon. ;)

Thank you everybody. My skinny little daughter wants to see if the heart one will work for her. I think I will make another one like that in light worsted and see if it comes out "adult" size. I think the rose one is my favorite, but partially because the yarn is so yummy!!

Archived