comfortghan a fellow member is making in honor of her husband

scc51055

Kay, I just finished a couple of projects that had to be done. I was wondering if you are still in need of 12" Squares. I would be glad to help. Please let me know. I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Your husband

was a hero and you must be so proud of him. I know how much you must miss him and will be praying for you and all the family and friends who are so saddened by his loss.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Thank you to everyone for the support you have shown me these past few weeks.

I now have enough squares to complete my "Hero's Memory Afghan"!

I will post a photo soon, showing the amazing outpour of kindness by the amount of squares I have recieved from my friends at C'ville.

As I am beginning to work on this project, and I can feel the love and thoughtfulness which was woven into each stitch, of each square.

Each square is beautiful as it stands alone, but as they are being joined, they represent to me, the love and compassion of my many friends.

I am still working on life insurance details, and I have been having to spend a lot of time consumed with the endless paperwork.

As a family, we all worked very hard to make Dennis's parents 50th Wedding Anniversry Reception special. It was a blessed event and we were able to greet friends and family, with smiles and laughter.

Afterwards, I walked to his gravesite and placed a special bouquet of 12 yellow roses there, as a dedication to him, in his absence. I spent a few minutes talking to heaven, and sharing with him, the joyous events of the day.

When Dennis died, I got so much comfort from "our baby". (Our 7 year old chihuahua, Max). He gave me "sugars" and was able to brighten my times of saddness. When I returned home from the reception, my baby was very sick. I took him to the vet and was told he was dying. I brought him home and layed with him on his doggie bed. I comforted him, and held him until he died. My son, and daughter both came, and were with me as he died. And once again, we went thru losing another family member thru death. We supported each other with prayers and hugs. And we held his funeral and buried him in the backyard.

I am comforted by God's strength. God says he will not burden our hearts with more than we can bear. All I know is, God must think I am a very strong person! But, it is through God's grace and glory, I am able to go on day to day.

Thank you to everyone, for your support through prayers and long distance "hugs". The personal contact so freely given by all, has made this difficult time much easier!

Crochetville friends are the BEST!:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Granny Sunshine

oh my granny! i am so very sorry for you losing your wonderful furbaby! there is nothing like the love and caring these little creatures give to us and we are able to draw some strength from.

you are in my thoughts and prayers....:hug

Granny, as 'mom" to 2 German shepherds I feel the pain you have over losing Max. He was there when you most needed him...and now he is with Dennis again (my belief).:hug

Every stitch of the square I sent you had my deepest prayers for you to have peace and comfort.

Tomorrow I will be mailing a square I just finished. It took awhile because I wanted to make a very special one in honor of your husband. I am just so sorry for your losses.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recieved my squares back:eek Did I send them to the wrong address?:think I sent them to Alabama Hwy address, they went out on June 21 and just got back to me today?? Has anyone heard from Kay? Does she still need these:blush

I just recieved my squares back:eek Did I send them to the wrong address?:think I sent them to Alabama Hwy address, they went out on June 21 and just got back to me today?? Has anyone heard from Kay? Does she still need these:blush

That has happened to me too...I hope everything is alright

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know, I got my squares back, they were refused.....kind of upset me, I made them, paid to send them out and no answer here on this thread....I think that a courtesy message would have been in order...JMHO

I will try to get in contact with Granny Sunshine to see what is going on.

However, I think she posted at one point that she had received enough squares for the afghan, so she may be returning any that were mailed to her after she made that post as well as any extras she didn't end up using.

I'll let you know once I find out more details.

Granny Sunshine sent the following to me and asked me to post it for her. Sounds like she's continuing to have lots of difficult, stressful situations in her life.

I am giving an update to my friends on my Hero's Memory Afghan

Hello To Everyone.

My heart is so touched by the out pour of goodwill that has been extended to me with gifts of squares, for my Afghan in memory of my dear Husband.

I have been so busy for weeks with family problems, and I am just getting back into a routine but I am still not at my home full-time yet. Just in and out.

I've been taking care of my Mom, Dad and baby brother.

Ten weeks ago, my baby brother began having breathing problems after working in the yard. He suffers from allergies of dust and pollen. We had to rush him to the ER. And while there, it was determined that he was in great trouble and needed to be transferred to a major hospital 2 hours away. Before his transfer, his throat began to swell even more, to the point there was no air going into his lungs. It was the start of a horrible several weeks. The ER could not get any air into him and he went into a downward spiral in the ER.

He died twice on the table, before they could get a breathing tube down his throat.

Finally his air way was cleared.

He was transported to the major hospital, and they lost him again on the way in the ambulance.

Mom, Dad And Me were right behind them and did not know it. I was just praying "Dear God, I just lost my Husband, and I don't think I can lose my Brother too." When we got to the ER, we tried to find where in the hospital, my brother was taken for medical attention. The nurse told us they had lost someone on the route to the hospital. We all just fell apart right then and there. How were We going to face another death so quickly after Dennis?

Then another nurse came over and said, it wasn't him who died, it was a lady on another ambulance.

Praise God!!!!!!

He wasn't dead. We got to see

him, but he was in ICU all hooked up with wires and tubes.

He was put into a medical coma,

so his body could rest.

We were so lucky! God had spared our family from death this time.

He stayed in ICU for 14 days and then had to have physical therapy to help gather his strength.

My brother is handicapped, he had polio when he was 1 year old, and is greatly physically challenged anyway. He lives with my Mom and Dad and when he was able to go home, we had to take complete care of him. We had to bathe him, change his clothes and feed him. My Mom and Dad are elderly and are not in good health themselves. I was put 100% in charge of him. I have spent 4 weeks nursing him back to health. He had to be taken to town for physical theraphy each day. But finally he is where he can walk with a walker and can feed himself. A full recovery is expected. Thank you God!

I am totally exhusted. My brain is so numb, but I glad he was able to come home. I will gladly help out doing what ever it is needed.

During this same time, my Dad was having pain and would not tell us. Finally I got him to doctor and we got a report on what was wrong with him.

He has cancer. Here goes my next adventure. I took my Dad,

Mom (and with my brother in tow), all to Texas, to a cancer center, 12 hours away. We spent 5 days there having tests run on Dad. We found out He has to have surgery. So we came home and are waiting for him to have his surgery for prostrate cancer on Sept. 19. They are not sure if they can get it all. We are praying for God to work another miracle here again.

Mean while, my Mom had a complete exhaustion break-down. She turned into a hopless case, with the death of Dennis, my brother almost dying and now my Dad having cancer.

She had to have complete bed rest for 2 weeks. I have been taking care of all 3 of them for

weeks, at their house. I've been doing all of the cooking, cleaning, shopping and doctor office visits for all 3 of them.

In the mist of all of this, I am having problems with my own health. At the surgery site where my brain tumor was removed in Feb. of this year, it has begun to show a shadow on tests that have been ran. And I am having much pain, and the dizziness has started again. I'm not sure if all of this is from caring for everyone, or if it is from my brain tumor. This means that I could have the tumor returning, or it is a new tumor all together. I am a basket case. I can't even think about myself, got to concentrate on my parents and my brother.

I am having a hard time coping with all of this. Please pray for my family.

I am not sure what is meant by some squares being returned.

It is possbile they were attempted to be delivered during all of the time I have been away from my home. If someone sent them and they were returned, I am so sorry. Please re-send them again. My son is stationed at my house to watch over things while I am helping my parents. He will keep an eye out for any squares that are sent.

I appreciate all of the squares sent, and all of the heart felt prayers that have been sent my way.

I have begun to put together the Afghan. I will drive Mom, Dad and my brother for the 12 hour ride to Texas . And while Dad is in the hospital, I plan to use my afghan as a therapy for my shattered nerves.

I know that when all of the problems with my parent's and brother's health have calmed down some, maybe I will not need these pain meds. I don't like the way they make me feel "stupid" in the head. And I really can't be stupid right now, with all of the major issues I am faced with. I can only take them at night, because of all the driving I am having to do.

I'm hanging in there and I am sorry that I have not been able to drop a note to let everyone know where I have been. It's just these medical situations, have come one right after the other.

I am sorry my thoughts are jumping all around, and that they are not more organized in their flow. But I am about ready for a nervous break down myself.

I'll get back to you as soon as we get back from Texas. Maybe I'll have the afghan finished by then.

Love and Hugs to all.

Granny Sunshine

Heavenly Father, Please keep her in your grace. Grant her the strength and endurance she so desperately requires in her time of need. Help her to cast her burdens upon you so that she may walk in your peace and feel your love. Calm her heart and ease her thoughts. Help her to realize that she does indeed have the strength to carry on through these trying times. This I pray through Jesus Christ, Amen.

i came here with thoughts of my own problems, which after reading this is put in the proper prospective! mine are so very minor and i was making them big, i have been brought to tears reading her account of the last few months...

thank you for the prayer rose...i needed to see that too....we need to continue to keep her in our prayers....

i came here with thoughts of my own problems, which after reading this is put in the proper prospective! mine are so very minor and i was making them big, i have been brought to tears reading her account of the last few months...

Me too. I'll keep her in my prayers also.

Archived