Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

The Christmas Spirit has kept me away from the computer also and then another extra unexpected Christmas trip away from home. Is good to be back and see Jimbo's Hook moving safely along.:clap

It will be good to see others post in the Journal. I learned so much taking pictures and posting for the first time. First and foremost I learned that other Viller's were ever so willing to be there and answer questions and help when I needed it.:yes

:manyheart

KathyWho

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhhhhh that means my turn is even closer

TO start off the New Year with a Jimbo hook:cheer:yay.....I also have vacation time coming :hookguess who is re-stocking her yarn?????

I better start using up some yarn so I can make room for the newly acquired yarn........:crocheting:crocheting

Gosh,

I have been away a LONG time. I am glad to see this is still moseying along the countryside! Doing it's good deed.

I intend on being active again here at the 'Ville! Looking forward to when I have my turn at the beautiful hook!

Gosh,

I have been away a LONG time. I am glad to see this is still moseying along the countryside! Doing it's good deed.

I intend on being active again here at the 'Ville! Looking forward to when I have my turn at the beautiful hook!

Glad to see you back we were worried. Hopefully Deb will get the hook tomorrow as JoBug sent it out before the weekend,

Just to update y'all...the hook hasn't made it to me yet. I was really looking forward to spending the entire New Years Day crocheting squares! Since no mail today, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive tomorrow! It will definitely be "sledding" to me since we got a snow storm last night with about 8" of snow and it is still snowing at the moment! I will post when the hook arrives.

Will there be another Traveling Hook for 2008? I am new to this site and loving it already. I came across this particular thread that basically caught my attention. I have worked for ACS for the past 17 years (this April) and we've just opened up a new Hope Lodge in NYC area in early November. I had mentioned making afghans for our guests during their stay and thought this type of venture would be so appreciated by them. I know I'm a "new neighbor" but would a villager consider this task if at all possible.

Once this traveling hook project is finished there may be another one. I asked permission from the administators to start this one at the end of the first one that was done for Heart patients. They don't have to start with a new year, this one was introduced the weekend of Memorial Day.Right now,with some minor delays, it is almost half way through it's travels.By that time I am sure you will have villiager status. I hope this anwered your questions. :hug

I'd LOVE to do another traveling hook for 08. Suppose we could do this one to raise awareness of Freidreich's Ataxia? Its one i'm personally involved with and a very worthy cause, since FA is a hideous condition (alot like Lou Gherig's) that seems to only attack kids. A treatment or cure is just around the corner providing sufficient funding is provided for support. You can read a little more about it in my blog. See the Thursday, December 06, 2007 entry titled

GET A CHOPHOOK AND HELP CURE FRIEDREICH'S ATAXIA

Whatcha all think??? It'd need another capable leader (Angelfire did such a great job on this last one, but I'd hate to impose on her to do it again). Any volunteers??

hopefully

jimbo

I'd LOVE to do another traveling hook for 08. Suppose we could do this one to raise awareness of Freidreich's Ataxia? Its one i'm personally involved with and a very worthy cause, since FA is a hideous condition (alot like Lou Gherig's) that seems to only attack kids. A treatment or cure is just around the corner providing sufficient funding is provided for support. You can read a little more about it in my blog. See the Thursday, December 06, 2007 entry titled

GET A CHOPHOOK AND HELP CURE FRIEDREICH'S ATAXIA

Whatcha all think??? It'd need another capable leader (Angelfire did such a great job on this last one, but I'd hate to impose on her to do it again). Any volunteers??

hopefully

jimbo

I do volunteer I had loved doing this one...what do you think, am I worth the honor?

I just looked and the awareness ribbon color is royal blue

Well I'd certainly be the honored one. But sheesh Angel, that's alot of work. Are you sure?

And I guess more importantly, are there folks who would participate?

And, given your experience with the project, Angel, would you change anything to make it easier on you?

Anyone else have any suggestions???

Well I'd certainly be the honored one. But sheesh Angel, that's alot of work. Are you sure?

And I guess more importantly, are there folks who would participate?

And, given your experience with the project, Angel, would you change anything to make it easier on you?

Anyone else have any suggestions???

I am sure.

I think everyone would be honored to help. I had several people offer to help with the current one after the sign-ups were closed.

I think that everyone involved has cooperated well, life happens and sometimes it is going to move slower than hoped. It goes smoothly with having it travel around a state and then on to the next.

Well, it sounds really REALLY good to me. And I'm thinking of officially nominating you for Sainthood!

Maybe there's a way to make the project easier? I pm'd you with an idea. If you like it, lets let everyone know, eh? If not, we can certainly do it like its set up now.

Me too, Me too!!! I want in! I'm still waiting for the hook from JoBug but I would definitely want in another project like this! And Angelfire you would be wonderful to head it up again...if you are willing to do that. Yeah :cheer When can we start?

Oh, I'm so in if we do this again. I know someone who had ataxia (maybe a couple people) and I"d be more than willing to help find that cure. I need the finances to take Jimbo up on his current offer (the chophook), but I DO have the yarn to participate in another traveling hook!

Joyce

I am worried about JoBug. I did e-mail her and I pm'ed her hoping to receive a response. I know that the hook will move on, Deb is patiently waiting to pet some yarn and to warm the hook after the journey. JoBug, get well.

I hope JoBug is doing ok..... Get well JoBug...we miss you.

I want in on another one, I think I followed all the rules on this one, if not I promise to do better....I will even make MORE squares.... Thanks Angelfire!! and Jimbo!!

JoBug:flower

It's so good to have you back with us. I'm so glad you are mending.

Thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and do let us keep hearing how you are fairing.:hug

:manyheart,

KathyWho

Archived