Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

Oh Kelly! You should get the hook today or tomorrow! :yay:yay:yayI'm so sorry about your ISP problems and if they're not resolved, well, let's just say "We'll all know what you're doing." You'll be turning yarns:yarn:yarn into love:bheart with the magic:2magic of that blessed Jimbo hook!

But, believe me when I say, I'll be checking the posts every day to see if you've returned to work.

Just wanted to let you know that I am having computer ISP issues again!!

:think I do not usnderstand why......I guess I am just to be the person who turns yarn:yarn into love :hookwith the magic of a hook....

So with that said I will not be able to post exactly when I get the hook (unless the ISP issue is resolved) ...I may have to post when I get back to work :D

And once I've tackled the letter carrier:mail and have that blessed hook:hook in my hands, I don't think I'll be on the computer very much, probably not at all. I don't spend as much time on here as I used to anyway...can't get any crocheting done if I do!

I already have a bunch of squares I made with my own "I Hook" and have been sorting out all my yarn so I'll be sure to have the right colors handy once the blessed Jimbo arrives.

And speaking of blessed, I need to check the blog to see if Deb has posted about her "Ah Ha" moment yet.

Bonnie:hug, Ah Ha! Can you believe it's almost here? Ya think I'll calm down once I have it?:lol And then will I really have to mail it off to Daisy?:( I mean, she sounds like a really nice person and all, she lives in Michigan, and anyone who says that "yarn and hooks are better than gold, silver, gems and jewels" is okay in my book. Hey, Daisy! Are you out there?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hook arrived in Greendale at 4 a.m. that means it should be delivered to Kelly today...or at the latest tomorrow.:manyheart

Just touched base with the family and the hook has arrived at Greendale and guess who will be drooling and working with yarn this weekend?????

Yep ME!!!!! I am so lucky......:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Loopy 1, :rofl:rofl You made my day! :hug:hug

"Bonnie:hug, Ah Ha! Can you believe it's almost here? Ya think I'll calm down once I have it?:lol And then will I really have to mail it off to Daisy?:( I mean, she sounds like a really nice person and all, she lives in Michigan, and anyone who says that "yarn and hooks are better than gold, silver, gems and jewels" is okay in my book. Hey, Daisy! Are you out there?"

Yep, I'm here. I'm just trying to stay calm and keep busy....so I don't start chewing on the yarns, that are patiently waiting for the arrival of the traveling Jimbo Hook. I admit that I am nervous, but I'm so ready! ...............and I still maintain that Yarn and hooks are better than gold, silver, gems and jewels.

:manyheart Hooking for a Cure will be a traveling hook, with proceeds to benefit the American Cancer Society.

Due to the large requests for comfortghans for cancer patients recently on posts here, I thought it would be great if we as a board would make a comfortghan to be auctioned off for cancer research. Depending on the number of squares made, we may have more than one. It will be listed on E-bay (Mission Fish) so that everyone has a chance. As soon as one is completed it will be auctioned. Pictures will be posted with progress made.

Since I'm next to receive the hook, thought I'd look over the 1st post to make sure I know how long I can use the hook.

Got my question answered but saw that the ghans would be auctioned as completed. I'm afraid now I might have missed an auction since I haven't kept up with the thread on a regular basis so I wanted to check on that. Have any ghans been auctioned already?

Since I'm next to receive the hook, thought I'd look over the 1st post to make sure I know how long I can use the hook.

Got my question answered but saw that the ghans would be auctioned as completed. I'm afraid now I might have missed an auction since I haven't kept up with the thread on a regular basis so I wanted to check on that. Have any ghans been auctioned already?

No ghan have been auction off yet Angel fire will be waiting to make sure she has all the squares I belive to make sure the same person squares are not all going in one ghan

No ghan have been auction off yet Angel fire will be waiting to make sure she has all the squares I belive to make sure the same person squares are not all going in one ghan
Sounds like an excellent plan! Thanks for answering my question. :ty

Just wanted to give you an update....remember I wanted to take the entire day and work with the glorious hook??

Well DH was sick all weekend and he stayed home on Monday .....

I was able to get some squares done, there were three specific ones I wanted to make. I was able to accomplish that

I will write more in the blog

PS ISP issue is not resolved I am having to sneek in the ville at work and quickly update.

Needing to take the computer back to factory settings and I will need to purchase the software for that. That cuts into my yarn purchasing :angry

kittyloverdeb:ghug

Thank you for sharing not only your time but your life experience by writing in the journal, "A Very Humbling Experience For Me." I so enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures of your squares. I believe the journal is going to mean a lot to this project.:day

:manyheart

KathyWho

Deb (kittyloverdeb) your squares arrived today. I haven't opened the box though I did meet the postman at the door.

KellyA I am sorry to hear about your continuing ISP issues. I know that it will help your stashbusting but I hate to see you having to take it back to factory settings.

I will send you Loopy1's address.

kittyloverdeb:ghug

Thank you for sharing not only your time but your life experience by writing in the journal, "A Very Humbling Experience For Me." I so enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures of your squares. I believe the journal is going to mean a lot to this project.:day

:manyheart

KathyWho

Thanks Kathy...I guess this whole project meant alot more to me than I ever thought it would! I haven't received many comments about the stories that go with the squares so thank you for yours. Also, Uncle Ray's wife, Aunt Lorraine sent me a beautiful thank you card today for being there and just for being part of their family...it was really touching!:yes

Oh, I'm so happy! So very happy!

The Jimbo hook is on it's way to me! (it's way to me!)

Yes, I'm so happy! So very happy!

The Jimbo hook is on it's way to me!

:yay:cheer:clap:c9:jumpyay

WHOOPEE!!!! The Sonny Hook is winging its way to me!!!

:day:ty:U:rock:laughroll

Where's that smilie that attacks Brown (the UPS man)?

:2hug :flower:dance:drool:bounce

Yep! Brown is bringing it! Got a pm from KellyA saying so.

:nworthy :bheart :sun

:woo :woo

Then about this time next week, it will head east on I-94 to see Daisy!!!

:h5:2spin:fluffy:applause:hyper

Wow, you're just gonna have ONE GREAT time waiting for the mail and UPS next week! :lol
Don't you just know it! But I'm hoping the Jimbo hook gets here Saturday!!!! After all, it does have wings.:wangel

I was already waiting for BROWN cause my best friend of about 35 years just sent me some hand-dyed yarn to make a "Drop Stitch One Skein Scarf" for her. She bought it while on an Alaskan cruise. It's Rabbit Ridge Designs, color Sitka Rose. Not that it's all that expensive, but it'll be the most expensive yarn I've ever worked with. It has lots of really big nubs! So, I'm working on that and it is tough casting on with those nubs! It's only cast on 10 with size 15 needles and it's gonna be a skinny scarf...I hope she realizes that! Personally, I don't care for skinny scarves or those ruffled ones that bunch up all around your neck.

See ya! :hug

loopy1, you are making me nervous :lol. I know how excited you are about getting that hook in your hands. after doing your touchy-feelie thing on the hook and crocheting with it, make sure there is enough wood left on it for me :lol! I can't believe I'm next, after you! I am SO ready for this! :hook I've had my patterns and yarns picked out for a while now......and I made a list of all the ones I need to do. My time has been set aside, so I don't do any cooking, cleaning or eating while I am on this mission. All that can wait till my time is up with the hook :(.

Loopy1, I can see you now, looking like this -> :mail:bounce:woo:crocheting

Have a great experience with the hook, I know it will be a hard thing to part with.......but then, it will be mine, mine, mine.....for a few days.

The Eagle Has Landed!

And I'm not feeling very well right now so no colorful post, etc. I'm going to bed to see if I can rest and get to feeling better so I can enjoy this unbelievable, gorgeous, light as a feather crochet hook.

Sorry to make you nervous, Daisy. Wish we could meet up half way or something during this time. Something to think about, huh?

Anyway, just want you all the know The Sonny Hook is here in Kalamazoo MI and we're going to take a nap.

Jeanne I am sorry that you are feeling poorly, maybe having the hook with you will give you some peace. :c9 God Bless. I agree it is a well balnaced hook and so nice to hold. I hope you find comfort while using the hook and I know your squares will be wonderful.

Daisy, don't get oo nervous waiting as I would hate to see you pacing a hole in your carpet, then you would have to take time out to replace it and the hook would have to travel elsewhere. :eek just joking.

Jeanne I am sorry that you are feeling poorly, maybe having the hook with you will give you some peace. :c9 God Bless. I agree it is a well balnaced hook and so nice to hold. I hope you find comfort while using the hook and I know your squares will be wonderful.
Thank you, Bonnie for the blessing and well wishes.:hug So, I've napped (actually left the hook in its box downstairs while napping), had Arby's chicken salad sandwich, chips, cheesecake bites with raspberry sauce (yum yum!), and a caffeine free Coke, and I've been burped.

So, now to get busy with a square I started the other day but will rip it out and start over with the Jimbo hook. It's the Tri-Color Square from 200 Blocks by Jan Eaton. Trying to make it in teal, pink and blue for thyroid cancer. Some time back I found a site that had more cancer colors listed but now I can't find it. I did create a Word doc though listing them all so at least I have the info.

Daisy, don't get oo nervous waiting as I would hate to see you pacing a hole in your carpet, then you would have to take time out to replace it and the hook would have to travel elsewhere. :eek just joking.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Bonnie, I have to say I was :rofl when I woke up and saw the new title of the thread.:sofunnyBut you will change it now that we're not napping, won't you? Please? :embar

Gotta get busy now! Lots of :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting to do!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Bonnie, I have to say I was :rofl when I woke up and saw the new title of the thread.:sofunnyBut you will change it now that we're not napping, won't you? Please? :embar

Gotta get busy now! Lots of :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting to do!

It was meant as a compliment and yes, I will change it.

Archived