Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

Joyce, your squares arrived today, I will open the package as soon as I return home from the PO.

I don't know how I missed this, but glad to hear they arrived

Joyce

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the hook today plus a bag of mints!! :hug Thanks so much! Sure made the package smell good! The hook is beautiful:manyheart Even DH was impressed! He is a wood kind of guy!:lol

Due to the square challenge I have updated the color chart in post number # 2. I went to 4 different sites this morning to update correct colors as I had a couple combined and they were confusing a couple people. I also found a couple that I didn't have listed previously.:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to pop in real quick to say I got the hook and Joann also sent me some jelly beans yummy. Well I am going to back to bed I got a realy bad cold and should be able to get started on the squares tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I flunked colors in school.:rolleyes I really did.:sigh Failed a test in Home Economics in 8th grade cause I couldn't match threads to fabric.:oops Come to find out after graduation that I'm partially color blind.:shrug:thumbdown

So, here's a list of colors that I don't know what yarn to use for them and I ask for your help, please:

• Amber - RHSS Cornmeal?? or Bernat SV Deep Straw
  • Blue, Periwinkle - Caron SS Brites Berry Blue??
  • Green, Emerald - see below
  • Green, Kelly - see below

I have RHSS Paddy Green, Hunter Green, Spring Green, Frosty Green, Bernat SV Soft Green, and another green that I can't find right now.

Also, for the black/white (zebra stripes), I've heard of a zebra yarn but never seen it. Would a square made in the two colors suffice?

Thanks for any help!

:hug

I flunked colors in school.:rolleyes I really did.:sigh Failed a test in Home Economics in 8th grade cause I couldn't match threads to fabric.:oops Come to find out after graduation that I'm partially color blind.:shrug:thumbdown

So, here's a list of colors that I don't know what yarn to use for them and I ask for your help, please:

I have RHSS Paddy Green, Hunter Green, Spring Green, Frosty Green, Bernat SV Soft Green, and another green that I can't find right now.

Also, for the black/white (zebra stripes), I've heard of a zebra yarn but never seen it. Would a square made in the two colors suffice?

Thanks for any help!

I used RH Paddy green and hunter green. RH also makes a Periwinkle, and Blue- plain ole Blue. Zebra is a RH varigated called - you guessed it, ZEBRA! Cant help with the amber.

Amber - RHSS Cornmeal?? or Bernat SV Deep Straw NO CLUE??

• Blue, Periwinkle - Caron SS Brites Berry Blue?? RHSS Has Royal Blue and Light Periwinkle as labeled colors. Dunno about Caron. Green,

Paddy Green and Hunter Green would be good in this. Spring green is a little too light and brigh, and Frosty Green is tooo... well.. frosty. I dunno about Bernat's colors.

:D

I used RH Paddy green and hunter green. RH also makes a Periwinkle, and Blue- plain ole Blue. Zebra is a RH varigated called - you guessed it, ZEBRA! Cant help with the amber.
Thanks, cluless! How ya been? Don't you think it would be okay, though, to make a two color square with black and white?

:D
:D That's all I thought you replied with. I didn't notice at first all the "BOLD" typing you did within my quote. Oopsie! And thank you!

Thank you, Amy.

Amber is a gold color, so I'd imagine that either of the two you have listed would work.

I would think that using Black & White in any combo would be fine.

I flunked colors in school.:rolleyes I really did.:sigh Failed a test in Home Economics in 8th grade cause I couldn't match threads to fabric.:oops Come to find out after graduation that I'm partially color blind.

My 5th grade teacher marked me down one time for labeling "rock" as a verb. Well, what else do you do in a rocking chair? Then, some people rock all the time, Loopy :hug

My 5th grade teacher marked me down one time for labeling "rock" as a verb. Well, what else do you do in a rocking chair? Then, some people rock all the time, Loopy :hug
That's funny. We all ROCK on here, don't we? :2rock

those work great

I have RHSS Paddy Green, Hunter Green, Spring , kind of a buff, Green, Frosty Green, Bernat SV Soft Green, and another green that I can't find right now.

Thanks for any help!

amber is more of a wheat color a RH buff or RH cafe , white in black combo is fine

:cheer:clap Got a skein of Zebra yarn and one of RHSS Blue.:yay They didn't have any periwinkle, light periwinkle or cafe :( , but I already had the buff, cornmeal and deep straw.

That sure is a pretty blue and I'm gonna go cross-eyed crocheting with this Zebra. :lol

:cheer:clap Got a skein of Zebra yarn and one of RHSS Blue.:yay They didn't have any periwinkle, light periwinkle or cafe :( , but I already had the buff, cornmeal and deep straw.

That sure is a pretty blue and I'm gonna go cross-eyed crocheting with this Zebra. :lol

I am glad you were able to get what you needed. I understand about the zebra, I used some last week.:lol

I haven't been in here for a while, where are we??? How many are left?? How many squares do we have??? Sorry for all the questions, just to hard to go back through all the pages....

OH NO! It's coming to me ALREADY?? I'm not ready!!

Guess I better get a move on! I've starting to get really excited!

Archived