Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnie has taken this project, and others including Traveling Hook III and made it work. She's devoted an incredible amount of time, effort and alot of her own resources to make all this work happen, and I am BEYOND grateful.

Please join me in giving Bonnie a huge standing ovation....

clap CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP...

• 2 weeks later...

The drawing will be done in two days. Hopefully everyone's squares are on their way. If you haven't contacted me but have sent your squares in the past week, please do so in the next two days , I want to make sure everyone has a fair chance. I am letting my DGD do the drawing. She is 6 yo and thinks it is "cool". Remember your name goes in once for every square youo sent but every single square will have a chance.

This Traveling Hook project has come to an end. If you're interested in making squares we're doing a challenge for Friedreich's Ataxia Awareness. Check out the FA Awareness thread.

Joyce

It has been such an honor being part of this and so much fun getting to know everyone. The dedication of everyone just amazes me especially Jimbo and Bonnie.:clap:clap:clap

Now the excitement of waiting to see the finished project.:yes:c9

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been asked....What becomes of the "Journal?"

Congratulations nana...:hook:yay:hook

KathyWho

It has been such an honor being part of this and so much fun getting to know everyone. The dedication of everyone just amazes me especially Jimbo and Bonnie.:clap:clap:clap

Now the excitement of waiting to see the finished project.:yes:c9

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been asked....What becomes of the "Journal?"

Congratulations nana...:hook:yay:hook

KathyWho

The journal is still online at the blogspot.

Nana, my Dh was taking the hook to the PO today to mail it, he forgot yesterday.

Karen (kwoolls) your squares arrived today.

Thank you to everyone that helped with this project. It has been great.

you all must think me dumb, i get to keep the hook. i did not realize it. i need to pay more attenion to things.:c9:c9. i just cant quit crying. very easy for me to cry. i will treasure it for ever. i will put in my will who it will go to if something happens to me. i mean it. thank you jim for a such a beautiful hook. iam copying all the names who got to use it while it traveled. bless all of you who got to use the hook. when i hold the hook i can feel the love that went in to making it and the love of all who used it. THANK YOU agin for letting me have the hook. ill get off my soap box. love and hugs to all.:yay:yay:c9:c9:hook:D:D:D

Congratulations Nana! Its such a wonderous feeling having the hook go so far and to have been used by so many talented caring people, and to finally end up in the hands of someone who has such a feeling for its history and meaning! Now that's just special.

To think of how far that stick has traveled! And how many homes it's visited! And how many fond memories of loved ones lost to cancer have been passed through the hands of those using that hook and into the art that's been made.

I did a little piece on patina in my blog awhile back

http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/search?q=patina (April 12, 2007 entry)

And I'm thinking you now have a hook with a patina built from warm rememberances and many loving hands. And you're only going to make it better with yours.

I dedicated the hook to Sonny, who we lost to cancer; and I have to think how moved he would be at how this all happened and how grateful he would be to all who participated here.

Again Congratulations, Nana

And again thanks to all who participated in this project. It STILL amazes me! The whole project was just incredible.

Jimbo

Archived