Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it is a wonderful hook. Jimbo does make a hook with character and will all those that have already used the hook it will gain more warmth with each last participant.

For those that have not sent their squares, please think about sending them soon as we only have a couple participants left and I will be joining some into afghans for auction on Missionfish:manyheart

I have the cats :cat :cat , the alpacas :llama :llama :llama, the ducky :ducky and the gopher :kangaroo (ok, okl I know thats not a gopher) stationed strategically so they can pounce on the hook when it arrives.

which one gets the privilege of using the hook first?

Angelfire - I sent you a PM about my squares going in the mail this morning. I can't find the post where it tells us the username & password to log into the blog to post a message. And I also forgot to take photos of my squares.

the user name is your e-mail and the password you created there, if it deisn't work I can send you another invite.

That does remind me, please enter a entry into to the blog when you finidh your squares, you don't have to post pictures, just a comment on your time with the hook and maybe why the project was importnat to you.

The user name is the e-mail that was sent to you orignally and the password that you created. If you need a new invite please send me a message and I will res-send an invite to you.

Once again, I want to send out a big Thank you to everyone that participated in making this traveling hook a success. :hug

Stripe likes the smooth feel of Jimbo's hook in her paws.

th_stripeycrochets.jpg

What a beautiful cat playing with a beautiful hook!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The hook is back to me and as soon as I finsih making my squares fro the cure I will be drawing a name from all those participants that sent squares. If you want to have your name in the drawing please send me your squares by October 1, 2008. If you can not get them sent buy them please pm me so your name does not get left out of the drawing. I know that the lucky winner will cherish the love and commitment that has gone into this project. Thank you again Jimbo for the wonderful hook that got this started and for every participant that crochet with love and concern that we can help find a cure.

The hook is back to me and as soon as I finsih making my squares fro the cure I will be drawing a name from all those participants that sent squares. If you want to have your name in the drawing please send me your squares by October 1, 2008. If you can not get them sent buy them please pm me so your name does not get left out of the drawing. I know that the lucky winner will cherish the love and commitment that has gone into this project. Thank you again Jimbo for the wonderful hook that got this started and for every participant that crochet with love and concern that we can help find a cure.

Bonnie, thank you so much for taking on this big project. Your efforts are what has kept this going and I really admire your commitment in making this all happen. My hat is off to you!:hug

Oh My, it has been a long jounery, so glad it is back and we have all gotten to TOUCH the hook, it seems like so long ago that I had the privlege of using it... Will you be able to give us a total count of squares? and maybe a picture? I haven't went through all the pages, but have tried to keep up.

Thank you so much for this great cause......I hope that my name makes the drawing....

Thanks again

Vonnie your name is already in the drawing of course. I don't have an actual count until I receive all the squares , I will take a picture at the end of September when I receive the last of the squares. I really want to give an opportunity for those that have made their squares to get them to me before I draw names. Some participants had requested to wait until the end to send theirs as they wanted to make additional ones.

It has indeed been a long journey, I started taking names last Memorial Day and I will be starting to put squares together on my birthday. I will use the hook to assemble the first afghan before I send it off to the lucky receipient as an honor to Sonny and all of those that we know affect by some form of cancer.

Thank you to each person involved, including spouses and children that understood what we were doing this for when you gave your time to make and donate squares.

Archived